Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

You know you're s**t when after 11 seasons even your own teams supporters can't be arsed spelling or pronouncing your name right.
Its an Eagles board joke.

You know like spelling Dark Sharks as Dark Sharts :p

Grays a better forward than he is a midfielder. That's why he should stay there.

He's a solid midfielder, he's an ELITE forward.

Kinda like Chris Marsden
This is my thinking. If Gray was a sure thing to play at least 60% midfield he'd be the biggest lock after Danger. I think 20-30% is more likely.
Port have Wines, SPP, Ebert and Rocky to play inside mid with Westhoff and Motlop on the wing and Boak to go through there as well.

Grays a better forward than he is a midfielder. That's why he should stay there.

He's a solid midfielder, he's an ELITE forward.
Short memories.

In 2015 when playing midfield, he was 6th in the league for contested ball and top 30 for total disposals.

At Port:
He was number one for contested ball with 300. Second best was Boak on 250.
He was number one for total disposals
He was number three for goals kicked with 25

Short memories.

In 2015 when playing midfield, he was 6th in the league for contested ball and top 30 for total disposals.

At Port:
He was number one for contested ball with 300. Second best was Boak on 250.
He was number one for total disposals
He was number three for goals kicked with 25

A lot has happened since then.

And how does that mean he was an Elite midfielder? Realistically he was top 6 in the AFL for what, one category? According to you.

His club rank doesn't mean much .I'm guessing Seb Ross or Jack Steven lead the Saints for a bunch of stats, that doesn't make them elite.

Jarrod Lyons probably led Gold Coast in every category last year, and they gave that campaigner the boot.

My point being, in lamens terms he's a better forward for Port than he is a mid.

You know you're s**t when after 11 seasons even your own teams supporters can't be arsed spelling or pronouncing your name right.

Exactly. In fact, for years i've gone out of my way to incorrectly spell it.

THAT'S how much respect i have for our soon to be 200 gamer and club legend :moustache:

And how does that mean he was an Elite midfielder? Realistically he was top 6 in the AFL for what, one category? According to you.

His club rank doesn't mean much .I'm guessing Seb Ross or Jack Steven lead the Saints for a bunch of stats, that doesn't make them elite.

Jarrod Lyons probably led Gold Coast in every category last year, and they gave that campaigner the boot.

My point being, in lamens terms he's a better forward for Port than he is a mid.
Good points.
The fact that Gray has made the AA team several times as a small fwd speaks volumes about where he is most valuable and damaging for his team.

Anyone considering Ward?

$568K, ninth highest scoring mid overall last year & now no Shiel.

Anyone considering Ward?

$568K, ninth highest scoring mid overall last year & now no Shiel.
Like him as a player, just don’t rate his ceiling - IMO 105+ type player

Like him as a player, just don’t rate his ceiling - IMO 105+ type player
If you're a decent Midfielder, a 100 average is standard .....as you say, you need either for that player to be under-priced .....or he has the capacity to pump out 130's - 150's

I guess with Wingard and Polec gone, it leaves gaps that need to be filled. SPP will do some if that extra work, but who else?
Butters can fill Robbie's spot up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to really like my midfield and rest of my team without Titch. I think Oliver/Cripps/Fyfe could all go close to averaging as much as Titch and Grundy/Dangerfield are more than adequate captain options outside of the midfield. Getting rid of Titch for Oliver has allowed me to (hopefully) strengthen my backline by trading Smith/Roberton to Whitfield/Williamson.

I'm starting to really like my midfield and rest of my team without Titch. I think Oliver/Cripps/Fyfe could all go close to averaging as much as Titch and Grundy/Dangerfield are more than adequate captain options outside of the midfield. Getting rid of Titch for Oliver has allowed me to (hopefully) strengthen my backline by trading Smith/Roberton to Whitfield/Williamson.

I’m not starting with either of T. Mitchell or Oliver in 2019. Will look to upgrade to them eventually assuming they’re scoring well after getting over their shoulder injuries.

Probably starting with something like Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Z. Merrett.

I’m not starting with either of T. Mitchell or Oliver in 2019. Will look to upgrade to them eventually assuming they’re scoring well after getting over their shoulder injuries.

Probably starting with something like Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Z. Merrett.
Not sure on Oliver, but I think Titch was already back training before Xmas having an earlier than expected recovery from the surgery.

Not sure on Oliver, but I think Titch was already back training before Xmas having an earlier than expected recovery from the surgery.

I’m sure he’ll be very fit + his shoulders probably won’t be an issue by the start of the season but I’d still just like to see how he goes the first few weeks at least before trying to bring him in if he’s dominating & tackling a lot. I like the look of my midfield at the moment. Will probably change by season’s start like a Josh Kelly instead of Neale or something like that I wouldn’t be surprised if I do.

I’m sure he’ll be very fit + his shoulders probably won’t be an issue by the start of the season but I’d still just like to see how he goes the first few weeks at least before trying to bring him in if he’s dominating & tackling a lot. I like the look of my midfield at the moment. Will probably change by season’s start like a Josh Kelly instead of Neale or something like that I wouldn’t be surprised if I do.
Could be a ballsy move that pays off. Or it could backfire. How do you bring him in after a few weeks unless u sideways another premium, given rookies take at least 6 weeks to ripen? Plus he has a pretty high floor too.

Oliver won’t join full training till Jan but can obviously still get the miles in the legs up

First Melbourne game is over 3 months away ....March 23rd ....plenty of time
Absolutely.

Tbh I’m more intrigued to see a full strength Viney/Oliver/Brayshaw trio - how the dynamic works - point sharing etc

Could be a ballsy move that pays off. Or it could backfire. How do you bring him in after a few weeks unless u sideways another premium, given rookies take at least 6 weeks to ripen? Plus he has a pretty high floor too.

Won’t matter as Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale & Z. Merrett will be averaging 150+ each so no need to bring Titch or Oliver in :devil:

Good moar...

1547041197818.png

...for me.:pig::pigface::pignose::thumbsu:

AAA nice beaver.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back