Discussion Random Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
you kind of prove my point with your P plater comment .... speeding when having a crash is equally as bad as a P plater as it is for a full license driver ... the fact we have differant rules for them is stupid and does nothing to prevent road accidents ...

once the country accepts a person we accept them having a "try out" period is stupid if crime was only ever comitted by people we brought in then yeah but it isnt so we cant have a set of rules for some but not others and expect that people will be fine with that .... what next restrict people with criminal pasts from having children ?

Do you have evidence to suggest that its hereditary?
I think its more to do with the socio-economic background. You probably don't have to be a genius to guess which ones are high risk when choosing a few thousand from millions for refugee status.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lennys height here..

187cm

tenor-29.gif

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I suggest you all listen to Josh Clarke's, End of the World 10 part podcast.

You will be surprised the existential threats to our species, not just from random rocks impacting, but to intelligent life, beserker probes, and the immediate threat of ultra intelligent AI.

Thought provoking stuff

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Does he mention the threat from freely available access to social media?

obviously but long before we had this so called African problem we had car theft

Less where i live.
Certainly less where doors are kicked in , and occupants of homes are threatened , forced to hand over keys, then beaten up anyway.

But its ok nothing wrong here. Because i don't like this s**t happening i'm Xenophobic.
Maybe those Neonazi's will be more open to my point of view.
Thanks VSD you've shown me the light. I hope you don't think you are open minded.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I fear for the future of mankind full stop!
It's not an Australian problem! It's a world issue!
At the risk of sounding like a naive hippy, why the f*ck can't we all just get along?
Far too much scapegoating and labelling of cultures and minorities going down everywhere you look!
The haves and the have nots is getting wider and wider! Selfish corporations and politicians rule the roost!

The lack of humanity in the world today is most galling and smacks of a whole lot of history repeating!
I have grown to hate the term tolerance! Tolerant of what? Who the f*ck is any race, class or group
To be tolerant of any other one? We are all human beings first and foremost and should have equal footing
In any land we choose to live! Ultimately we are all immigrants!

Respect for our fellow man has gone to hell. When we continue to label one and other into certain categories
We will forever have the great divide that exists world wide!
It may seem a simplistic and naive view to many but from what I can see xenophobia, paranoia and
Just plain evil self interest always seem to hold sway, wherever you look!
A complete lack of compassion, sympathy and good will to our fellow brothers and sisters is what we are
Left with! Everyone wants to control everyone else. And just preserve their own patch!
As if it is their God given right to own anything over someone else!

My faith in humanity is at an all time low!
As someone else previously mentioned, maybe all the prejudiced and self serving adults need to make way
And just hand over the reins to children! For they the whole world over do not exhibit such ugly
Stereotyping towards one and other until they are brainwashed by our agendas and ideologies!
In every single walk of life, mankind has created a monumental divide from which their is
Simply no return!

Peace! What peace? It's a myth! It appears the laws of the jungle apply to even the most so called
Evolved species in this world!
Love itself does not exist without checks, balances and conditions! Replaced by judgement, fear and
An eternal distrust for one and other!

How so many can feel so isolated, alone and unloved is an indictment on mankind to its very core!
No small wonder that so many of us decide to just check out altogether from this mess!

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
At the risk of sounding like a naive hippy, why the f*ck can't we all just get along?
Far too much scapegoating and labelling of cultures and minorities going down everywhere you look!
The haves and the have nots is getting wider and wider! Selfish corporations and politicians rule the roost!

The lack of humanity in the world today is most galling and smacks of a whole lot of history repeating!
I have grown to hate the term tolerance! Tolerant of what? Who the f*ck is any race, class or group
To be tolerant of any other one? We are all human beings first and foremost and should have equal footing

Respect for our fellow man has gone to hell. When we continue to label one and other into certain categories
It may seem a simplistic and naive view to many but from what I can see xenophobia, paranoia and
A complete lack of compassion, sympathy and good will to our fellow brothers and sisters is what we are
Left with! Everyone wants to control everyone else. And just preserve their own patch!

As someone else previously mentioned, maybe all the prejudiced and self serving adults need to make way
And just hand over the reins to children! For they the whole world over do not exhibit such ugly
Stereotyping towards one and other until they are brainwashed by our agendas and ideologies!
In every single walk of life, mankind has created a monumental divide from which their is
Simply no return!

Peace! What peace? It's a myth! It appears the laws of the jungle apply to even the most so called
Love itself does not exist without checks, balances and conditions! Replaced by judgement, fear and

How so many can feel so isolated, alone and unloved is an indictment on mankind to its very core!
No small wonder that so many of us decide to just check out altogether from this mess!
Don't worry, we are about to develop a mini black hole at CERN that will cause a Higgs field bubble to decrease its energy level to zero where matter won't be held together, the universe will crunch and chemistry won't exist.

This is a universal existential risk where life in the universe won't be able to exist.

Happy Days

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have no problem with the Sudanese. I have a problem with the groups of people who appear to be African appearance who commit crimes but its ok because they are certainly not gangs. :/

I have a problem with bleeding hearts who want to save the criminal thugs from persecution.
see the funny thing is i just have a problem with people who commit crimes full stop ... i dont care where they come from what skin colour they are ... a criminal is a criminal its not bleading hearts its just the black bad man is no worse then the white bad man or the yellow bad man or the bad woman .......

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do you have evidence to suggest that its hereditary?
I think its more to do with the socio-economic background. You probably don't have to be a genius to guess which ones are high risk when choosing a few thousand from millions for refugee status.
so should we ban poor people from breeding ? just in case their offspring maybe become criminals ????
fact is you will never erradicate crime but how we manage it is the key ... stopping people coming because they might maybe eventually become a criminal is just stupid irrational fear ....
i know an irish bloke who we caught knocking off building supplies from worksites hes been here since he was 4 but should we deport him back or is it only the dark skinned ones you want sent back ?
and where do we draw the line ? running a red light is a crime .. is that deportable ? jaywalking is that? incorrectly scanning fruit in Coles ? buying a "hot" lawnmower off gumtree ??

Last edited:

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Less where i live.
Certainly less where doors are kicked in , and occupants of homes are threatened , forced to hand over keys, then beaten up anyway.

But its ok nothing wrong here. Because i don't like this s**t happening i'm Xenophobic.
Maybe those Neonazi's will be more open to my point of view.
Thanks VSD you've shown me the light. I hope you don't think you are open minded.
strange you say that because the victorian crime statistics show crime to have actually gone down 4% last year and have been the lowest for 10 years ?? so something doesnt add up .... i would say the greatest influence to crime rate in Australia is the rise of the ice epedemic with petty crime to get cash for a hit going up ... if Crime is the real concern then we maybe need to not look so hard at the low hanging fruit of the scary black man but maybe take a crack at the drug dealers and manufacturers ??

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda

Simply no return!

its not a popular opinion and ill prob get flamed for it but its the results of the boomer generation putting greed above all ... the self interest of large chunks of that generation who are in positions of power breeds negativity.. for a generation who had the flower power days they chucked in the towel of peace lover and happiness for investment, nest eggs and corporate greed ....
they yearn for a nostalgia of the "good old days" but actually dont remember the negatives of that time....

i dont fear for our future really i dont once this generation in power are given their marching orders i think (hope) the next generation that have grown up more accepting and more open to change and advancment will right a lot of the wrongs ... hopefully the last grasps of this generation dont stuff it up too much that we dont have anything to work with once they are gone ...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Simply no return!

Greed

Consumerism

Being judged based on income or career

Wonderful, isn't it?

Invasive advertising and brainwashing by the elites.

The list goes on.

I hear you brother and agree totally.

Now step away from the kitchen knives malaka...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
its not a popular opinion and ill prob get flamed for it but its the results of the boomer generation putting greed above all ... the self interest of large chunks of that generation who are in positions of power breeds negativity.. for a generation who had the flower power days they chucked in the towel of peace lover and happiness for investment, nest eggs and corporate greed ....
they yearn for a nostalgia of the "good old days" but actually dont remember the negatives of that time....

i dont fear for our future really i dont once this generation in power are given their marching orders i think (hope) the next generation that have grown up more accepting and more open to change and advancment will right a lot of the wrongs ... hopefully the last grasps of this generation dont stuff it up too much that we dont have anything to work with once they are gone ...
You really need to subscribe to Mark Manson. He summed up the baby boomers beautifully.

They also ****ed up the next generation trying to be perfect parents.

Everyone gets a prize. Mummy will fix it for you. Don't play in the dirt.

It's no wonder kids no longer have the necessary coping skills when they hit the real and survive.

Throw in the obsession of social media and you have a lack of real communication skills.

For our part, Australians are complacent because we've had pretty easy through history.

Spoon fed by the UK. Only wars have been when we were ordered to participate.

We have never had to revolt or fight for our independence.

Take a look at France and their current turmoil.

We are pretty lazy TBH.

Some of the s**t that goes down, if it happened in Europe... The place would be burnt to the ground.

so should we ban poor people from breeding ? just in case their offspring maybe become criminals ????
fact is you will never erradicate crime but how we manage it is the key ... stopping people coming because they might maybe eventually become a criminal is just stupid irrational fear ....
i know an irish bloke who we caught knocking off building supplies from worksites hes been here since he was 4 but should we deport him back or is it only the dark skinned ones you want sent back ?
and where do we draw the line ? running a red light is a crime .. is that deportable ? jaywalking is that? incorrectly scanning fruit in Coles ? buying a "hot" lawnmower off gumtree ??

Kicking an unconcous guy in the head is getting close.

You really need to subscribe to Mark Manson. He summed up the baby boomers beautifully.

They also ****** up the next generation trying to be perfect parents.

Everyone gets a prize. Mummy will fix it for you. Don't play in the dirt.

It's no wonder kids no longer have the necessary coping skills when they hit the real and survive.

Throw in the obsession of social media and you have a lack of real communication skills.

For our part, Australians are complacent because we've had pretty easy through history.

Spoon fed by the UK. Only wars have been when we were ordered to participate.

We have never had to revolt or fight for our independence.

Take a look at France and their current turmoil.

We are pretty lazy TBH.

Some of the s**t that goes down, if it happened in Europe... The place would be burnt to the ground.

Yeah good on the French.
So what we should have done is been soft little powderpuffs when Australia was first settled by the west. ( or not settled at all because , sure if it was sitting empty it would be left alone like some indigenous dreamtime utopia ). Then got gradually more aggressive.
I guess that would have left our soft kids more able to cope with non-gangs of immigrants. Oh wait, aren't the Neo-nazis talking about dealing with them in that way?

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kicking an unconcous guy in the head is getting close.
no one is disputing the crime is terrible but if i a person born here does that or if a guy not born here does it the result is the same so if the result is the same so should the punishment .... what you are saying would be like saying one player should get 3 weeks for a hit off the ball and another should be deregistered for the same act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back