Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly you stated if was Jane's dad. I know you were not implying any of the girls' fathers had involvement in any way. But you do talk about a friendship. I believe it more acquaintance relationship.

Anyhow still absolutely no relevance. Marshall's vacuous book is full of non relevancy and errors. Then to bring in Spiers extended family property dealings is a step way way beyond the ol' black stump.
I have no clue about any of the girls families other than Sarah's dad being a shearing contractor who worked on farms just before the town I once lived in. This is why I'll never forget Sarah's face, it was on a giant billboard in either Kelmscott or Armadale. It was a trip I had to take often for surgery & tests. Now it's just struck me, Sarah's dad would have seen that billboard everytime he was heading to his work. I don't know how he could handle seeing his daughter on that thing asking "Have you seen this girl?"

Her shirt was dark, navy blue I think, but showed up white in the cctv night footage. Jacket was black and looked black on the footage.

I tried to look for the clothing samples on missing person's website, but page has been removed. So has Julie Cutler's. Maybe someone else can find them?

I think I remember that about the colour of the shirt now you have mentioned it.

I looked at the version of CIA and found the shot at 20.37 of this one. This was the foxtel version which conveniently hid the ACA logos. Various other youtubes have it showing earlier.

I think the best way to work out the timing of the ACA episode would be to look at the monitors and I think it would be older footage possibly during the investigation phase.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/209224/displays/historic-monitors-slideshow.html#slide18
https://www.pcworld.com/article/209224/displays/historic-monitors-slideshow.html#slide19

The following youtube is from the 20th anniversary and shows the same pictures with an image of the full image of the overhead that was above the computer on the left in Sorbet Bliss initial picture. Unfortunately not as clear as the one previously provided. I suggest that they were taken in 1996.

Great time consuming work. Thankyou. So the cops had the cctv footage and were able to grab a shot of Jane and put it on their pinboard. But not tell the public about the cctv. Sneaky. I looked at those comp monitors and my head spun!

I have no clue about any of the girls families other than Sarah's dad being a shearing contractor who worked on farms just before the town I once lived in. This is why I'll never forget Sarah's face, it was on a giant billboard in either Kelmscott or Armadale. It was a trip I had to take often for surgery & tests. Now it's just struck me, Sarah's dad would have seen that billboard everytime he was heading to his work. I don't know how he could handle seeing his daughter on that thing asking "Have you seen this girl?"

Haunting!

Seems odd if he was wandering around in there why they didn't get a look at his face. Or they did and didn't want to show it for some strange reason.
Exactly my thoughts. So they released the MM footage in August 2008 hoping someone would give up a name and then someone did and that matched up with the insider chatting with Jane perhaps. They had his face on camera from inside the hotel!

Didn't show face as didn't want to spook him maybe.

Last edited:
is that inside? to the left looks like someone talking to a lady in white & then the right side looks like some huge creepy phantom of the opera mask
Yeah it looks like a white shirt but the cops said the colours were not accurate. But hey they said in 2008 that was due to NASA's enhancement process didn't they? Have they been telling furphies!

In the top right image she is wearing her jacket. Getting someone to help me enlarge the image and clarify it then I will post.

Yeah it looks like a white shirt but the cops said the colours were not accurate. But hey they said in 2008 that was due to NASA's enhancement process didn't they? Have they been telling furphies!

In the top right image she is wearing her jacket. Getting someone to help me enlarge the image and clarify it then I will post.
I was at uni studying media when they finally released the MM footage. My tutor was a journo back in the day and was upset with how (now this is ironic) media were blasting others for not airing it when she went missing. He swore that if they had been able to & if it would have helped he would have aired it. He truly was upset, you could see the anguish &hurt in his face

Here is a link to an article with the ACA breaking news coverage video aired the day of the current accused's arrest.
This is where I got the screen shot of map with images pinned to it etc. (around the 3:04min mark)
I've used a sharpening tool and HD filter on my screen shots that I've posted, so thought to share this for those who'd like the original copy to have a go at getting clearer images.
It's also a bit of a treasure trove of old footage that I think most will find interesting.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/01/25/03/33/accused-serial-killer-to-face-wa-court

Last edited:
I was at uni studying media when they finally released the MM footage. My tutor was a journo back in the day and was upset with how (now this is ironic) media were blasting others for not airing it when she went missing. He swore that if they had been able to & if it would have helped he would have aired it. He truly was upset, you could see the anguish &hurt in his face

That makes me so damned angry to know. Your tutor would always be asking themself...what if. Just terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a link to the ACA breaking news coverage video aired the day of the current accused's arrest.
This is where I got the screen shot of map with images pinned to it etc. (around the 3:04min mark)
I've used a sharpening tool and HD filter on my screen shots that I've posted, so thought to share this for those who'd like the original copy to have a go at getting clearer images.
It's also a bit of a treasure trove of old footage that I think most will find interesting.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/01/25/03/33/accused-serial-killer-to-face-wa-court

Is there a video link in the link supplied?

Here is a link to an article with the ACA breaking news coverage video aired the day of the current accused's arrest.

Ben McCormack in action before he was found out to be a massive creep!

Is it a 'flipped' and colourised still of JR waiting by the post?

View attachment 602973

Might not even be flipped (why would they?) and be from angle we haven't seen before.

View attachment 602974

I have tried to enhance but its too difficult with such a small image. To me it looks from the angle of the head and the surrounding figures that it is Jane standing at the bar.

Is it a 'flipped' and colourised still of JR waiting by the post?

View attachment 602973

Might not even be flipped (why would they?) and be from angle we haven't seen before.

View attachment 602974

My screen resolution is terrible but if I step away from the desktop about five metres, it seems to become clearer. It looks like two people facing each other up close. One looks like MM.

Edit: Possibly MM side profile.

Last edited:
Yeah - nah

My screen resolution is terrible but if I step away from the desktop about five metres, it seems to become clearer. It looks like two people facing each other up close. One looks like MM.

Edit: Possibly MM side profile.

image-jpeg.600152

5 years later, time of year.

Whatever that pic is to right, imo it is significant and specific to Jane Rimmer. Not Ciara.

Although the loop is interesting. When disposing of victims out of his car, Ted Bundy always used a looped track as a precaution against being trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back