Here's my annual crack -

Brown Talia Doedee

Laird Keath Smith

Seed Sloane Gibbs

Galluc Walker Lynch

McAdam Jenk Betts

Jacobs Crouch Greenwood

Crouch Milera Douglas Atkins

Jeez you guys have some good depth. A lot of AFL standard footballers can't make my best 22.
Not bad but Knight is in my side everyday of the week. Probably instead of Atkins. My side below with Talia and without ( as currently injured)

Without
B: Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Tom Doedee
HB: Wayne Milera, Alex Keath Brodie Smith
C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Riley Knight
F: Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Jordan Gallucci
FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Brad Crouch
I/C: Luke Brown, Hugh Greenwood, Richard Douglas, Lachlan Murphy

Three ruckman so have gone 1 Forward, One ruck and one defence with ROB taking down CHB
B: Andy Otten, Jordan Butts, Andrew McPherson
HB: Will Hamil, Riley O’Brien, Jake Kelly
C: David Mackay, Myles Poholke, Patrick Wilson
HF: Shane McAdam, Darcy Fogarty, Chayce Jones
F: Matthew Wright, Elliott Himmelberg, Paul Hunter
FOLL: Kieran Strachan Cam Ellis-Yolman, Rory Atkins
I/C: Ned McHenry, Tyson Stengle, Ben Davis,

Out Talia – Injured

Rested –, Lachlan Sholl

With
B: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Tom Doedee

B: Andy Otten, Jordan Butts, Andrew McPherson
HB: Will Hamil, Kyle Hartigan, Jake Kelly
C: David Mackay, Myles Poholke, Patrick Wilson
HF: Shane McAdam, Darcy Fogarty, Chayce Jones
F: Matthew Wright, Elliott Himmelberg, Paul Hunter
FOLL: Riley O'Brien, Cam Ellis-Yolman, Rory Atkins
I/C: Ned McHenry, Tyson Stengle, Ben Davis,

Rested –, Lachlan Sholl, Kieran Strachan

Last edited:
Here's my annual crack -

Brown Talia Doedee

Laird Keath Smith

Seed Sloane Gibbs

Galluc Walker Lynch

McAdam Jenk Betts

Jacobs Crouch Greenwood

Crouch Milera Douglas Atkins

Jeez you guys have some good depth. A lot of AFL standard footballers can't make my best 22.

Fair effort, Just go Knight for Douglas and you've covered well everything seeing a mixture of age on Douglas's half and Knight is easily our best pressure forward and therefore is in permanent marker when fit.

Not bad but Knight is in my side everyday of the week. Probably instead of Atkins. My side below with Talia and without ( as currently injured)

With
B: Rory Laird, Daniel Talia, Tom Doedee

This is something I'd love, but realistically it leaves us far too aggressive out of defence without enough defenders.

Talia and Keath are the only true man-on-man defenders; both on 2 tall key forwards.
Doedee is a 3rd tall/sweeper (which is fine).
But then you've gone with Laird, who rarely takes a player, Milera who rarely takes a player; both of whom can pop up to help out as 3rd men/around a scrap (moreso Laird than Milera in the air). And Smith, who never takes a player and has no aerial game and is severely limited in defence at ground level too.

It needs Brown on the field.

I'd suggest swapping Brown into the pocket and Laird to the HB and Smith to the bench for stoppages (i.e. starting lineup). Then Smith, Milera, Laird, and Seedsman are placed in a 4-man interchange sub-group with one off the ground resting at most points of the game. Aiming to keep Laird and Milera as backs/mids and Smith/Seed as wings/HB. This group also would linkin with Gibbs +/- Knight/Lynch for a broader interchange group that would overlap with mids/others.

Reading through all the teams posters are putting up, we’ve got a bloody strong squad
We have, as long as they are fit and healthy. We’ve got some crucial players who missed last year or were playing injured that need to play.

Each of our lines have strong players with strengths that combined will be a very strong team especially if they are over the s**t of 2018.

But the top tier of the competition are also strong and some instances have gotten stronger.

This is something I'd love, but realistically it leaves us far too aggressive out of defence without enough defenders.

Talia and Keath are the only true man-on-man defenders; both on 2 tall key forwards.
Doedee is a 3rd tall/sweeper (which is fine).
But then you've gone with Laird, who rarely takes a player, Milera who rarely takes a player; both of whom can pop up to help out as 3rd men/around a scrap (moreso Laird than Milera in the air). And Smith, who never takes a player and has no aerial game and is severely limited in defence at ground level too.

It needs Brown on the field.

I'd suggest swapping Brown into the pocket and Laird to the HB and Smith to the bench for stoppages (i.e. starting lineup). Then Smith, Milera, Laird, and Seedsman are placed in a 4-man interchange sub-group with one off the ground resting at most points of the game. Aiming to keep Laird and Milera as backs/mids and Smith/Seed as wings/HB. This group also would linkin with Gibbs +/- Knight/Lynch for a broader interchange group that would overlap with mids/others.

you don't consider Harto a true man on man defender having taken on the likes of Patton, R Gray, Dusty Buddy Kennedy Hawkins Dangerfiled and won his position?

who would you see as the ideal match up for say Buddy?

you don't consider Harto a true man on man defender having taken on the likes of Patton, R Gray, Dusty Buddy Kennedy Hawkins Dangerfiled and won his position?

They were replying to my side with Talia fit which didn’t have Hartigan. I think 2 of Talia, Keath and Hartigan + Doedee is enough

One on one defending in a physical contest is Harto's strength. Big weakness being zone defending and disposal.

We dont have a natural defender for Buddy. Our closest fit IMO is an in form Kelly. Mobile and a good negator. Also loves the verbal, which I think can put Buddy off.

Having said that Kelly is not in my best 22.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reading through all the teams posters are putting up, we’ve got a bloody strong squad

Hopefully they don't get let down by off field incompetence again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounds like we are premiers according to yourself

When you write this stuff, do you say out loud in your head first?

Please eludicate your incomprehensibe dribble on people who think you actually have something worthwhile to say.

Assuming Talia isn’t fit:-

Brown Hartigan Milera
Doedee Keath Laird
Smith Gibbs Seedsman
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins Greenwood

Jacobs Sloane MCrouch

BCrouch Gallucci Atkins Jones

I’m convinced Milera will be on kick-in/running-it-out-of-the-square duty

I think McAdam is in front at this stage.
Actually yeah I probably agree but Ned’s yoyo test and tackling pressure is exciting. I thought mcadam had more of the McGovern role, whereas McHenry would take Murphy spot. Knight is probably the one keeping McHenry out if so imo

Brown Hartigan Milera
Doedee Keath Laird
Smith Gibbs Seedsman
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins Greenwood

Jacobs Sloane MCrouch

Such a strong team. The last three guys picked in my head are Knight, Gallucci, Jones - and they'll have people breathing down their necks all season, like Douglas for example!

Actually yeah I probably agree but Ned’s yoyo test and tackling pressure is exciting. I thought mcadam had more of the McGovern role, whereas McHenry would take Murphy spot. Knight is probably the one keeping McHenry out if so imo

Poor Murphy. Goes above and beyond and achieves fitness levels he barely dreamed he could, starts getting games, nek minnit crows draft not 1 but 3 running beasts and he's back at square one.

Poor Murphy. Goes above and beyond and achieves fitness levels he barely dreamed he could, starts getting games, nek minnit crows draft not 1 but 3 running beasts and he's back at square one.
Haha couldn’t agree more, very unlucky but healthy competition. It would take a lot for him to get pick over those other lads

Yup. A victim of us realising we'd completely ****ed up with the lack of defensive pressure in our forward line.

He does seem like someone who'll need to leave Adelaide to have a career at this point in time.

Such a strong team. The last three guys picked in my head are Knight, Gallucci, Jones - and they'll have people breathing down their necks all season, like Douglas for example!

Its often been said that a team is as good as their weakest links. If thats our weakest link then our season bodes well for 2019.

Brown Hartigan Milera
Doedee Keath Laird
Smith Gibbs Seedsman
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins Greenwood

Jacobs Sloane MCrouch

I like it (aside from Talia being injured) but I don’t think we can run with that named forward six on the ground at the same time. We need to seriously boost our forward pressure so I reckon Betts plus two others (Knight/Gallucci/Jones/Murphy/McHenry) need to be on the park at all times.

I have no idea whether McAdam will provide enough defensive heat to fill one of those roles.

I like it (aside from Talia being injured) but I don’t think we can run with that named forward six on the ground at the same time. We need to seriously boost our forward pressure so I reckon Betts plus two others (Knight/Gallucci/Jones/Murphy/McHenry) need to be on the park at all times.

I have no idea whether McAdam will provide enough defensive heat to fill one of those roles.
He has Betts, Knight and Greenwood. All 3 are very strong at defensive pressure. You could swap Lynch with Gallucci but Lynch rarely starts on the pine.

He has Betts, Knight and Greenwood. All 3 are very strong at defensive pressure. You could swap Lynch with Gallucci but Lynch rarely starts on the pine.

Greenwood loves to tackle but he's slooooooow and we need pace within that forward pressure group. Hugh can rotate through the inside mid group and with Lynch/Walker/Jenkins up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back