Kayo

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Quick question .....if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal, does getting the Kayo broadcast & then casting to a television OK ....or in that situation, is it better to simply link via HDMI the IPhone / IPad direct to the TV ?

Depends how week i guess, but if wifi is an issue then it's better to connect with a cable.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I have never had an ad in a game (siren to siren) on channel 504 (Foxfooty) whether 7 are the original broadcaster or not.

I have had Galaxy then Foxtel since the mid 90s. Will be a bit of a change for me to ditch the set top box

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Galaxy! Now that's going back!

We never had Galaxy but have had Foxtel pretty much since they were in SA - first at home and then when I moved out. Jury's still out for me whether to switch to Kayo or keep Foxtel, but it's going to be a weird feeling the day I can the Foxtel.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

We never had Galaxy but have had Foxtel pretty much since they were in SA - first at home and then when I moved out. Jury's still out for me whether to switch to Kayo or keep Foxtel, but it's going to be a weird feeling the day I can the Foxtel.
I've had Foxtel since day 1 ......but really, apart from the sport, and maybe the news stations ....the rest were recycled crap

So i got rid of Foxtel last year ...went AFL Live ....and now Kayo is a no brainer & half the price of Foxtel

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

I remember when there was about 10 Channels and the excitement when a new channel was launched.

And Summer watching the Bid day Out specials with Jabba on Red.

Yeah I am a bit the same with feeling weird ditching it.

TBH I think we will keep Foxtel Basic and Drama.and move to Kayo for sports.

We have five TVs in the house and at the moment Foxtel only on one. No multi room.

With Kayo I can watch footy/sport outside (Crows away games with "The Boys" in my beer garden) or in the shed easier.

Last edited:

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Already downgraded my Foxtel to basic package, I then just add/delete the Sports package during footy season.

I use Kodi and Stremio for movies/drama etc so if Kayo can handle the Footy it will be byebye Foxtel completely.

Be nice if they do the app for Samsung Smart TV.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Already downgraded my Foxtel to basic package, I then just add/delete the Sports package during footy season.

I use Kodi and Stremio for movies/drama etc so if Kayo can handle the Footy it will be byebye Foxtel completely.

Be nice if they do the app for Samsung Smart TV.
Have you heard anything about Kodi / Kayo

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I remember when there was about 10 Channels and the excitement when a new channel was launched.

And Summer watching the Bid day Out specials with Jabba on Red.

Yeah I am a bit the same with feeling weird ditching it.

TBH I think we will keep Foxtel Basic and Drama.and move to Kayo for sports.

We have five TVs in the house and at the moment Foxtel only on one. No multi room.

With Kayo I can watch footy/sport outside (Crows away games with "The Boys" in my beer garden) or in the shed easier.

I remember when Dad upgraded to 'Entertainment Plus' and we'd religiously tune in to Jerry Springer on the 'talk' channel. Funnily enough in the early days I watched anything but the sport channels - yeah I was big into footy but this was well before Fox had the football, and I wasn't yet the sport junkee.

Or the hack to reset the parental code to watch certain channels :D

These days, besides sport and Wentworth, there's not much on there I can't binge off YouTube, Stan, Netflix etc.

Bender20

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
In terms of glitches - there were some during the initial launch phase, but I didn't have any glitches at all for the 14 days I had it on trial (getting full version when AFL starts)
Yes I noticed people mention the beta version, so it was in its infancy.

we couldn't get galaxy in the country. country people had CE-TV instead. its was like Foxtel, but shittier

Not possible
oh my friend, you'd be wrong! we only had half the channels of galaxy

it became better than Foxtel when they changed names to Austar

I can't really work out what the value of this service is though. Most of the sports are either not ones in high demand, or already available in more cost effective ways (their NFL range is pretty crappy it seems).

I'd only be getting it for AFL, and I can't see why I wouldnt just stick with the telstra streaming product...

There has to be a catch. There’s no way Foxtel would let their content go for free to a third party MUCH cheaper option.
kayo is owned by foxtel

I can't really work out what the value of this service is though. Most of the sports are either not ones in high demand, or already available in more cost effective ways (their NFL range is pretty crappy it seems).

I'd only be getting it for AFL, and I can't see why I wouldnt just stick with the telstra streaming product...
one thing that isn't widely advertised is that you can watch any of the fox sports channels live too, like you would watch them through a set top box

Who is your provider? And what package are you on? My NBN is faultless.

Yeah, time to change ISP's I think. Getting 2.2Mbps when you're paying for 100 is laughable.

WTF would they put up a cheaper option against themselves?
theoretically cheaper option, allows greater subscription numbers

(theoretic as in you don't have to bundle with a package first to get sports)

Back