The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it marginal? GT has been at a higher level for many years. Some of that is the cars they drove but I’m curious as to what you can point to to suggest the gap is marginal between them?
The cars haven't been close, they've been miles apart. Lee has also had a couple of major shunts that weren't his fault that injured him pretty bad.

I'm talking more into the future though, Garths career is likely to tail off whereas Holdsworth has a long time left.

The stuff that happens under your nose because you didn't care to pay attention?

Lee Holdsworth has driven 13 full time supercars seasons!

That is incredible faith of someone who's produced so little. No noticeable improvement in any aspect of racing over this whole time.

Idk how you can come to your opinion hey shorty?

I'd take Tander over him any day.

The charmed life some of these guys have :eek:

The stuff that happens under your nose because you didn't care to pay attention?

Lee Holdsworth has driven 13 full time supercars seasons!

That is incredible faith of someone who's produced so little. No noticeable improvement in any aspect of racing over this whole time.

Idk how you can come to your opinion hey shorty?

I'd take Tander over him any day.

The charmed life some of these guys have :eek:
Hes made some poor career choices theres no question. Tander has driven a factory car for the best part of those 13 seasons too, and under delivered.

Yeah I can’t see how Holdsworth is better than Tander. Tander was in the top 10 of the championship for most of this year, and was contending for the win at Clipsal. His only issue was qualifying but would consistently be one of the best during the race.

Holdsworth has had crap luck in his career but even when he’s been with dud teams, he hasn’t really shown anything great. A few wins over 13 years is exactly on par for a driver like him.

Edit: I wouldn’t even say Tander has ever really under delivered either. He was at HRT for 9 years, was up the front for most of them until the team turned to s**t in 2012. He spent 5 of those nine years in a car that was hardly worth considering a factory team. The other factory team he drove for, HSVDT, he won a championship for (And likely would’ve won 2 if not for the drama of the Skaife partnership).

Last edited:
With the "underdelivered" part. I just took hey shorty's word for it. I thought Tander was roughly where his car/team would be for all this time. But maybe he could've done more?

As for Holdsworth? I remember watching him on speedweek being an honest toiler in Commodore cup? I don't think he had ever won a race til he got into supercars? So in a series and team which takes itself so seriously, how the hell did he get a drive in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes made some poor career choices theres no question. Tander has driven a factory car for the best part of those 13 seasons too, and under delivered.
HRT haven’t really had a good car for at least 10 years. Red Bull/Vodafone/888 have pretty much dominated this category since 2006ish. Garth hasn’t gone too bad.
Wash my mouth out with soap ffs!

Yep awful.

It also lends further credence to the thinking that they're going with the Camaro.

I'll wait to see what the Stang looks like in race colours, but the Camaro will look similar.

What I don't get is Kelly racing came out and said they want to keep the current drivers but don't have the money. Sad time for racing when golding rullo types are getting a gig thanks to $.

Makes my love for Brad Jones racing stronger little rumors I'm hearing is triple 888 are looking at stealing tim Slade for 2020

What I don't get is Kelly racing came out and said they want to keep the current drivers but don't have the money. Sad time for racing when golding rullo types are getting a gig thanks to $.

Makes my love for Brad Jones racing stronger little rumors I'm hearing is triple 888 are looking at stealing tim Slade for 2020
Taking an extra REC or someone moving on ??

Surely they can do better than Slade

$$$$$ > talent.... my source is a mechanic at bjr so who knows lol

For the record Slade is very talented I'd put him ahead of walters and Fabian.
Cam Waters ?? Nah.

Coulthard maybe, but theyve got similar records in the same machinery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back