Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bought a bottle of Waterford's Tahitian lime sparkling mineral water. Felt like something cold to drink that wasn't full of sugar or artificial sweetener.

Reading the label (because it's a slow day and I'm over 30) and it gets a 2 star health rating. Arnott's BBQ Shapes get 3. Wat.
Discussed in another thread, but 100 per cent pure maple syrup gets one star, jelly crystals get two. The whole system is corrupted. I think that in part it is because products are only judged relative to other similar products.

Discussed in another thread, but 100 per cent pure maple syrup gets one star, jelly crystals get two. The whole system is corrupted. I think that in part it is because products are only judged relative to other similar products.

Yeah it's a silly system. Milo was 4.5 stars if you mix it with skim milk to their proportions.

Coles Puffed Honey Wheat has 31g/100g sugars and gets a 4 star rating. Surely something like that would get 1 star at most if you are being legit? At least the 5 star cereals at least seem to be as good as you'd expect from a cereal (high in fibre, not full of sugar, not full of salt etc.) but everything from 4.5 stars down seems to be a bit of a joke.

How the **** did that sign fall down on the Tullamarine Fwy.

Scotland you're an engineer. Why?

FWIW they were saying something about welding not being good enough on AW.
Welding, Wind, Waste

Welding probably poor. I may have also had bolts for extra strength.

Wind but that should have been expected.

Waste gets back to the bolts or even the height of the sign and the volume of Wind hitting it. ie a lack of thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welding, Wind, Waste

Welding probably poor. I may have also had bolts for extra strength.

Wind but that should have been expected.

Waste gets back to the bolts or even the height of the sign and the volume of Wind hitting it. ie a lack of thought

It wasnt a particularly windy day yesterday

The biggest shits in class can be the nicest kids outside. Just ran into a student in Bunnings who was a little s**t last year. He came up and gave me a handshake and big smile and said, "Love ya sir!".

The biggest shits in class can be the nicest kids outside. Just ran into a student in Bunnings who was a little s**t last year. He came up and gave me a handshake and big smile and said, "Love ya sir!".

Game on outside of class. I hope you king hit the s**t.

/jks.

What about purple jelly? As the Simpsons taught us, purple is a fruit.

Six months left of my five years of university study to change careers. I've hammered out dozens and dozens of essays, research assignments, presentations and literature reviews. Typed tens of thousands of words in response to some interesting but mostly boring as * questions. Spent hours sitting in lectures taking notes and watching most other students (particularly the young ones) dick about. Have started a family and been raising two kids with income derived only from part-time work and study allowance from the government, refinancing the home loan to interest-only repayments and kept a constant eye on a bank balance that keeps fluctuating between low and empty as *. Four and a half years I have done this, and achieved very high results while getting awards at work for doing a good job there. It's been so damn hard to juggle everything and still manage to keep the relationship between my wife and I happy and healthy with all the stress and hours I have put in, plus being a good and attentive dad during such important years of my kids' development.

And now I really cant be ****ed doing this last six months.

I s**t me.

How the **** did that sign fall down on the Tullamarine Fwy.

Scotland you're an engineer. Why?

FWIW they were saying something about welding not being good enough on AW.

****ed if I know. There would be dozens if not 100+ of those signs on that Fwy alone let alone on every other road in the country and I've never heard of one just randomly falling down.

My guess is whoever installed it cut corners with how it was attached to the overpass. Welds not done or not done right then or bolts not torqued etc. Occam's Razor and Hanlon's Razor both in play.

****** if I know. There would be dozens if not 100+ of those signs on that Fwy alone let alone on every other road in the country and I've never heard of one just randomly falling down.

My guess is whoever installed it cut corners with how it was attached to the overpass. Welds not done or not done right then or bolts not torqued etc. Occam's Razor and Hanlon's Razor both in play.

FWIW woman is ok and should be released from hospital soon.

But still.. one second earlier or later idk.. death I would have thought. So ******* scary.

FWIW woman is ok and should be released from hospital soon.

But still.. one second earlier or later idk.. death I would have thought. So ******* scary.

Yeah I saw the video this morning. Just ask Anthony Stevens or James Brayshaw. Stevens could've been killed by a falling pane of glass outside a pub, Brayshaw's sister was killed by bricks falling from her own garage after she closed the roller door.

One of those big traffic signs could wreck a car falling straight down onto the roof/windscreen let alone what happens if the driver panics and swerves etc.

Yeah I saw the video this morning. Just ask Anthony Stevens or James Brayshaw. Stevens could've been killed by a falling pane of glass outside a pub, Brayshaw's sister was killed by bricks falling from her own garage after she closed the roller door.

One of those big traffic signs could wreck a car falling straight down onto the roof/windscreen let alone what happens if the driver panics and swerves etc.

Driver of the car behind her spoke on AW this morning- could tell he was really shaken up.

And was not tailgating her, so therefore avoided rear ending her. And thats, why, ladies and gents you should * off and stop ******* tailgating ffs. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back