The top 5 break out players of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

your
/jɔː/ /jʊə/
possessive determiner

1 belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
2 belonging to or associated with any person in general.
  2.1 informal used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind.
3 used when addressing the holder of certain titles.

you're
/jɔː/ /jʊə/
contraction

you are.
pedantic
/pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
  1. excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
community service
noun
  1. voluntary work intended to help people in a particular area.
    "opportunities to engage in community service"

A player who will likely not play round 1 but will absolutely turn heads come the end of 2019 is Cedric Cox. Has really negated his weaknesses and is incredibly fit/smashing it in match sims. Has all the tools/traits of an elite half back/wingman.

A player who will likely not play round 1 but will absolutely turn heads come the end of 2019 is Cedric Cox. Has really negated his weaknesses and is incredibly fit/smashing it in match sims. Has all the tools/traits of an elite half back/wingman.

Is a break out season being defined as cementing a spot in the starting 22?

Is a break out season being defined as cementing a spot in the starting 22?

It is a hard one to define. I'd argue Cox taking a big step forward will aid Brisbane more than say a McCluggage taking a step forward and 'breaking out'. Definitely makes for interesting discussion that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Izak Rankine
Tim Taranto
Adam Cerra
Jacob Weitering
Jack Bowes

You know better than this. If you play for gold Coast or Carlton and even brisbane, having a break out year is leaving the club.

They don't develop players. They only ruin talent.

Thought you would include milera. Adelaide has developed some elite talent over the years. It's about a five year process once in adelaides system. Of all the talent like mcleod and dangerfield that's developed here. Milera is more complete at the same stage they were. Is also a more balanced and More strings to his bow. Is also Now showing leadership.

You know better than this. If you play for gold Coast or Carlton and even brisbane, having a break out year is leaving the club.

They don't develop players. They only ruin talent.

Thought you would include milera. Adelaide has developed some elite talent over the years. It's about a five year process once in adelaides system. Of all the talent like mcleod and dangerfield that's developed here. Milera is more complete at the same stage they were. Is also a more balanced and More strings to his bow. Is also Now showing leadership.
Charlie Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardiner and Touk Miller are all a bunch of spuds hey

Charlie Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardiner and Touk Miller are all a bunch of spuds hey

Carlton conceeded the highest score of the year last season against a side decimated by injury that never got close to playing finals.

Carlton have had so my first round draft picks over the last ten years and still can't get off the bottom.

Facts support me.

Carlton conceeded the highest score of the year last season against a side decimated by injury that never got close to playing finals.

Carlton have had so my first round draft picks over the last ten years and still can't get off the bottom.

Facts support me.
So despite Cripps and Curnow being obvious guns (and not even just those two, they're just the standouts), we are just going to ignore evidence that disproves your statement

Matthew Kennedy (Carlton)
Petracca will take a huge step forward
Vic media will wake up to how good Cam Raynor is

Sier would be one from my club, others who i think have another gear are De Goey and Cox, i said it early last season, De Goey will be the leagues premier player within 3 years if he stays away from his dog, rockstar potential.
De Goey is that typical match winner type. They dont always perform every week but when they do they take the game away from the opposition. Doing it week in week out is the biggest challenge. Certainly has the potential but to be THE best player in the game, big challenge of not only improving but then maintaining that improved level over consecutive seasons. The ability is there.

Matthew Kennedy (Carlton)
Petracca will take a huge step forward
Vic media will wake up to how good Cam Raynor is

I thought Kennedy was pretty unfairly maligned last year. Had a good pre-season, looked like the perfect addition to our midfield then got injured Round 1 and never looked up to it. Interesting to see how we use Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy next year.

Raynor has the luxury of developing at his own pace, but has the potential of being a Top 5 league player. Almost hope Brisbane keep him forward given how dangerous he is around goals, and I don’t think it’s an absolute necessity he moves into the midfield; although he almost certainly will at some point in his career.

I thought Kennedy was pretty unfairly maligned last year. Had a good pre-season, looked like the perfect addition to our midfield then got injured Round 1 and never looked up to it. Interesting to see how we use Cripps, Setterfield and Kennedy next year.

Raynor has the luxury of developing at his own pace, but has the potential of being a Top 5 league player. Almost hope Brisbane keep him forward given how dangerous he is around goals, and I don’t think it’s an absolute necessity he moves into the midfield; although he almost certainly will at some point in his career.
Ditto on Kennedy - you don't lose talent, especially when you're a committed type who wins your own ball.

I imagine Raynor will become what Jake Stringer thinks he is. I expect him to build his tank over coming pre-seasons but he has everything else already, very strong lad who will only get harder to tackle with time.

From the Tigers I'd reckon Dan Rioli could breakout from quality small forward to star mid/forward. Whether that's a breakout I don't know. Also Higgins looks great in the preseason and could step up to genuine quality AFL in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back