Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sure if this is the right place for this post but anyway , i was reading above about certain players and it got me thinking , if Richo is going to succeed the players we need to really need to stand up are Coff,Acres,Hunter,Billings,Long,Paddy,Marshall,Battle and Phillips if he has learned to kick , Its a big ask of 2nd year players to step up but we need their class , blokes like Billings and Acres have been there long enough and need to grow the F up and start to deliver .
We already know what we are going to get from most of the others in the team and apart from Gresh , Dmac , White,Webster and Steele who i think still have improvement in them , the rest are going to stay about the same standard as last year IMO.

I have left a few out such as Clav as i think he will still need another year but will turn out to be a fantastic player for us , Sincs , Rice , Austin ,Dunstan, Lonie and some of the new guys well im not sure where they fit in at this point , i think the one most likely to succeed is Parker as he has way more upside than the others.
I didn't mention Hanna's as that's a given if he is fit he will help a lot and i have not include big Max or Bytel as id rather get them right before we think about playing them.
All up if the players first mentioned deliver and a few improve with the new staff at the club its going to be an exciting year ahead

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
No sure if this is the right place for this post but anyway , i was reading above about certain players and it got me thinking , if Richo is going to succeed the players we need to really need to stand up are Coff,Acres,Hunter,Billings,Long,Paddy,Marshall,Battle and Phillips if he has learned to kick , Its a big ask of 2nd year players to step up but we need their class , blokes like Billings and Acres have been there long enough and need to grow the F up and start to deliver .
We already know what we are going to get from most of the others in the team and apart from Gresh , Dmac , White,Webster and Steele who i think still have improvement in them , the rest are going to stay about the same standard as last year IMO.

I have left a few out such as Clav as i think he will still need another year but will turn out to be a fantastic player for us , Sincs , Rice , Austin ,Dunstan, Lonie and some of the new guys well im not sure where they fit in at this point , i think the one most likely to succeed is Parker as he has way more upside than the others.
I didn't mention Hanna's as that's a given if he is fit he will help a lot and i have not include big Max or Bytel as id rather get them right before we think about playing them.
All up if the players first mentioned deliver and a few improve with the new staff at the club its going to be an exciting year ahead
i think its pretty dismissive to say Billings and Acres need to grow the F-up .... fact is both players have matured in massive ways since their draft year last season was a shocker for us across the board even Stuv who won our b&f was down on previous years ... the issue with Billings was we didnt know where to play him so when he was played too close to goal his set shots hurt us, this then brings down the confidence ... for Acres he started off on fire then he got hurt he came back and was asked to play mr everywhere and got hurt again .... i dont think either of those guys issues of last year were from needing to grow the F-up ....

i think its pretty dismissive to say Billings and Acres need to grow the F-up .... fact is both players have matured in massive ways since their draft year last season was a shocker for us across the board even Stuv who won our b&f was down on previous years ... the issue with Billings was we didnt know where to play him so when he was played too close to goal his set shots hurt us, this then brings down the confidence ... for Acres he started off on fire then he got hurt he came back and was asked to play mr everywhere and got hurt again .... i dont think either of those guys issues of last year were from needing to grow the F-up ....
How did i know as soon as i mentioned Blake you come at me ;) . He is about to start his Sixth season with us , don't you think its time , i do and Billings is going to notch up 100 games this season , i think a lot of people keep thinking a that our so called younger players havn't been around long when in reality they have, if we are going to climb the ladder these Two players are very important to our chances

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
How did i know as soon as i mentioned Blake you come at me ;) . He is about to start his Sixth season with us , don't you think its time , i do and Billings is going to notch up 100 games this season , i think a lot of people keep thinking a that our so called younger players havn't been around long when in reality they have, if we are going to climb the ladder these Two players are very important to our chances
so last season when he had a groin injury how do you expect him to grow the F-Up ? its a pretty lame narrative in the same vein as the "he's lazy" comment .. the fact is the players work bloody hard and put in the effort most people would never even think of putting in... to say Billings and Blake need to grow up is just pathetic ... Billings needs to improve hs set shot conversion and Blake needs to get over his injuries that is all

so last season when he had a groin injury how do you expect him to grow the F-Up ? its a pretty lame narrative in the same vein as the "he's lazy" comment .. the fact is the players work bloody hard and put in the effort most people would never even think of putting in... to say Billings and Blake need to grow up is just pathetic ... Billings needs to improve hs set shot conversion and Blake needs to get over his injuries that is all
Did i say Lazy ,,, No so dont throw that at me , anyway before you crack into me maybe you should go back and read all the things you have posted about Blake and ask yourself is what i posted helping Blake or putting more pressure on him , dont you think with all your matter as a fact posts on him stating the coach is the problem , he was played while injured quotes ect implying that Blake told you or that you got it from a reliable source is not going to get back to the club and put even more pressure on the kid ?
Yes he may have told you all the things you posted but if you really care for the kid i would have thought it was best kept private between him and you , why do you think when i had an hour long chat with one of young players mums during the year that i never mentioned who as i didnt want the kid to be put under more pressure than he already is , anyway , have a good day

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did i say Lazy ,,, No so dont throw that at me , anyway before you crack into me maybe you should go back and read all the things you have posted about Blake and ask yourself is what i posted helping Blake or putting more pressure on him , dont you think with all your matter as a fact posts on him stating the coach is the problem , he was played while injured quotes ect implying that Blake told you or that you got it from a reliable source is not going to get back to the club and put even more pressure on the kid ?
Yes he may have told you all the things you posted but if you really care for the kid i would have thought it was best kept private between him and you , why do you think when i had an hour long chat with one of young players mums during the year that i never mentioned who as i didnt want the kid to be put under more pressure than he already is , anyway , have a good day
nice rant ... certanily top 50....
i never said you said lazy .. i said a throw away line like "they need to grow the F-up" is in the same vein as saying they are lazy..
as for what i post i can be 100% certain blake or any player doesnt give two craps about what is written on here any pressure he or any player feels is from their own expectation and the expectation of the club ... as much as we like to think our posting on here means anything to the players it doesnt ...
as for what i mention on here i can tell you there is certainly many many things i know and hear that i would never relay to anyone and i think if you look back on my posts pretty much all the time i post things as in my opinion , now my opinion may be backed up by a reliable source but its my opinion ...

nice rant ... certanily top 50....
i never said you said lazy .. i said a throw away line like "they need to grow the F-up" is in the same vein as saying they are lazy..
as for what i post i can be 100% certain blake or any player doesnt give two craps about what is written on here any pressure he or any player feels is from their own expectation and the expectation of the club ... as much as we like to think our posting on here means anything to the players it doesnt ...
as for what i mention on here i can tell you there is certainly many many things i know and hear that i would never relay to anyone and i think if you look back on my posts pretty much all the time i post things as in my opinion , now my opinion may be backed up by a reliable source but its my opinion ...
Well thank you for the compliment , i thought it was more top 10 but i guess top 50 will have to do and if you think that was a rant , you have no idea .
Anyway i wasn't talking about players reading the crap that's posted here , i was talking about say the coach finding out that one of his players has been s**t caning him to his mates who post on here , if you think that's not going to piss of the coach your in another world

If I recall correctly, I think Acres was having a great season until he got injured. Whether it was a case of being played in the ruck causing or exacerbating his injuries, it just put a halt to what was looking like a breakout season- frustrating for all of us, and definitely for him. He also needs to have some consistency of playing position. With both him and Paddy we have to pray for injury free seasons.

JB will be fine. Needs to get his kicking for goal sorted and he will be elite.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well thank you for the compliment , i thought it was more top 10 but i guess top 50 will have to do and if you think that was a rant , you have no idea .
Anyway i wasn't talking about players reading the crap that's posted here , i was talking about say the coach finding out that one of his players has been s**t caning him to his mates who post on here , if you think that's not going to piss of the coach your in another world
when did i say anything about the player telling me anything negative about the coach ? i heard from a source that the player was not to impressed by the way he was being played , i also heard from a source that the players family were not chuffed by the way he had been played ... if you draw that conclusion that the player has told me that then thats on you because i have never said that ... infact im fairly certain i try my best to NEVER actually name my sources ... but even if i did i again doubt very much the coach would give two shits about what is posted on here...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If I recall correctly, I think Acres was having a great season until he got injured. Whether it was a case of being played in the ruck causing or exacerbating his injuries, it just put a halt to what was looking like a breakout season- frustrating for all of us, and definitely for him. He also needs to have some consistency of playing position. With both him and Paddy we have to pray for injury free seasons.

JB will be fine. Needs to get his kicking for goal sorted and he will be elite.
exactly ... how you can say Blake needs to "grow the F-up" after a season he has had where he was injured is just stupid

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yep. It's time for both of them to be the players we all know they can be on a consistent basis!
In Blakes case he needs to be settled into one position preferably midfield, backed in and allowed to flourish
Rest is up to him! As for Billings prob a similar sentiment but calls for him to mature and harden up a little
Is not far off the mark in my view. Goes missing for long periods which is not acceptable for a player of his
Talent! Needs to have a bigger impact and presence on important moments and no doubt confidence/maturity
Have played a big part in that!
If we can get both these lads playing to their ability it will go a long way to helping us shoot up the
Ladder quickly! They are crucial to our fortunes in 2019!

I think in summary after being drafted in 2013 it’s time both got their problems sorted and delivered on their talent .

exactly. doesnt really matter what the cause of the issue people think it is. at the end of the day they need to start playing consistent football and driving the standard.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure really, AFL is a unique type of business and clubs get operating grants and capital grants at non commercial rates.
Also commercial capital loans are basically underwritten by the AFL.

Without all the relevant information I really can't tell.
The poor gates and lower membership certainly doesn't help the cash flow.

Also the capital value is basically worth less. Council owns the land so cant demolish the joint after full capital depreciation.
What they can do is minimise the impact on the P&L by first capitalising the CWIP and back date it to July 1. Full year depreciation on the whole complex.
Once fully depreciated, revalue the structure and t then start the depreciation process again.

Still think the debt is nothing to be concerned about.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is the sack Richo thread not the Accountant geek thread ;)

Interesting all the same. Think your right that the debt is not huge.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
exactly. doesnt really matter what the cause of the issue people think it is. at the end of the day they need to start playing consistent football and driving the standard.
well the cause does matter ... if a kid brakes his leg how can he be expected to drive the standard ? i can get a critisim of a player not living up to potential if they are plodding around in the VFL but when Blake has been injured and then when he gets back in is playing underdone and as a mr fix it in roles he is not suited how is that a negative on him ? the kids doing his all under a pretty fair duress for us last season and all we can say is he needs to grow the F-up .... thatpretty poor

Well of course they do, and Blacres was, but it’s hard to be consistent when injuries do happen. It’s probably the biggest obstacle to consistency...that and being played consistently in different positions... so let’s hope that injuries are few and far between and that the coaches this year also let the players play to their strengths...consistently!

well the cause does matter ... if a kid brakes his leg how can he be expected to drive the standard ? i can get a critisim of a player not living up to potential if they are plodding around in the VFL but when Blake has been injured and then when he gets back in is playing underdone and as a mr fix it in roles he is not suited how is that a negative on him ? the kids doing his all under a pretty fair duress for us last season and all we can say is he needs to grow the F-up .... thatpretty poor
Of course if he's injured he can't possibly perform but this is the build up of 5 seasons. You don't get too many more chances injury or not after 5 seasons.

when did i say anything about the player telling me anything negative about the coach ? i heard from a source that the player was not to impressed by the way he was being played , i also heard from a source that the players family were not chuffed by the way he had been played ... if you draw that conclusion that the player has told me that then thats on you because i have never said that ... infact im fairly certain i try my best to NEVER actually name my sources ... but even if i did i again doubt very much the coach would give two shits about what is posted on here...
let me clarify ... Acres issues are coach related - Your words that don't sound like they have come from some mate of a mate , anyway are you saying if someone was working for you and posted something derogatory about you online and you knew it could have only come from one person you would not be pissed at them ,,,,,,, Bullshit mate you would be fuming that he didn't come and speak to you about the issue first and give you the chance to explain .
Anyway happy Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back