Status
Not open for further replies.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
e86801625fa4c5c1eee2a31d17b9bcf6.jpg

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/lost-in-the-devils-garden-ng-4ac513f8f502c52162f7c881c8b7cf54

Wait, people are actually trying to say they can decipher what that image is?

For ****'s sake, it's a blown up version of a pixelated image from 90s CCTV which is taken from a TV screen cap.

My lord...

It's like an ink blot test .... :D

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If Ciara and Jane were similarly dropped off near tracks he couldn't be trapped on, Sarah will be also.

It might also mean the sites were chosen so he could take his time. Like Bundy did.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There were two things that stood out to me and that I think were possibly pointed out in the West Australian the sites Ciara and Jane were found were similar in that they were both:
- secluded spots in thick bush
- within a couple of kms of a major road artery. (Both were off the end of the Mitchell (Wanneroo Road) /Kwinana Freeway though it didn't extend to the location).

I agree with you that they probably were in a location that they couldn't be seen from the road. I suspect the locations that were pre-determined prior to the alleged murders. Whether they were intended to be found is questionable. Most views on forums I have seen seem to think they were yet both bodies seemed to be found by accident.

There were two things that stood out to me and that I think were possibly pointed out in the West Australian the sites Ciara and Jane were found were similar in that they were both:
- within a couple of kms of a major road artery. (Both were off the end of the Mitchell (Wanneroo Road) /Kwinana Freeway though it didn't extend to the location).

I agree with you that they probably were in a location that they couldn't be seen from the road. I suspect the locations that were pre-determined prior to the alleged murders. Whether they were intended to be found is questionable. Most views on forums I have seen seem to think they were yet both bodies seemed to be found by accident.

Bundy also left bodies off a major road artery but not visible from. When I say looped tracks, I mean there are two ways out they're not dead ends. There's an easy escape if someone came up the track his way out wasn't blocked.

I'm just listening to a four part podcast on Ted Bundy. There are more similarities between Bundy and the CSK than I'd thought even though Bundy's murder victims are estimated at between 32 and 36, rape victims up to 100 and more.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bundy also left bodies off a major road artery but not visible from. When I say looped tracks, I mean there are two ways out they're not dead ends. There's an easy escape if someone came up the track his way out wasn't blocked.

I'm just listening to a four part podcast on Ted Bundy. There are more similarities between Bundy and the CSK than I'd thought even though Bundy's murder victims are estimated at between 32 and 36, rape victims up to 100 and more.
There's a series coming to Netflix soon on Ted Bundy, just in case you didn't know yet & wanted to see it

ShirazOnly

Presumed....
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal

For ****'s sake, it's a blown up version of a pixelated image from 90s CCTV which is taken from a TV screen cap.

My lord...
just as well it is not EGA..Phew.....///..maybe CGA....40×25 characters in up to 16 colors ....all it is just staring at a single pixel enlarged...1024 pixels make a reasonable picture to actually see...(VGA)...

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Time and distance

Whats the maximum distance I can go in the least amount of time that ensures the body may not be discovered or discovered immediately? I accept the person that put the bodies there had some knowledge of the area.

I find it difficult to accept that the location was chosen right down to the radiant grid point and tree. Its why the area around Canning Rd is popular. Time and distance.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Time and distance

Whats the maximum distance I can go in the least amount of time that ensures the body may not be discovered or discovered immediately? I accept the person that put the bodies there had some knowledge of the area.

I find it difficult to accept that the location was chosen right down to the radiant grid point and tree. Its why the area around Canning Rd is popular. Time and distance.
My "pre-determined" reference just meant that there was planning where to put the bodies not the exact grid reference. The straight line possibly came about because of the curvature of the freeway and the nearness to the West Coast.

There are certainly a lot of deaths in the old Karragullen area both suicides and murders/suspected murders.

ShirazOnly

Presumed....
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
My "pre-determined" reference just meant that there was planning where to put the bodies not the exact grid reference. The straight line possibly came about because of the curvature of the freeway and the nearness to the West Coast.

There are certainly a lot of deaths in the old Karragullen area both suicides and murders/suspected murders.
grids and curvatures...:)()..lines and karra...:moustache:
you are a dreamer
any street will do...with this character...
nonsense....

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
grids and curvatures...:)()..lines and karra...:moustache:
you are a dreamer
any street will do...with this character...
nonsense....
Pretty sure that is what he said to an extent. The geography of the greater Perth area and its arterial roads means it should be of little surprise that bodies were dumped relatively due south or north.

It is no great stretch though to think that a serial killing lone Telstra worker travelling around might not fill his time driving up a few remote tracks fantasizing about placing a body and locking away a few favoured options in his memory bank.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

My lord...

You just know they tried everything from squinting to changing the brightness and contrast on their monitor to standing upside down. These are the people that think they can solve this case with half the evidence the Police have. Suprised it wasn't brought up that the image was a potential ghost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty sure that is what he said to an extent. The geography of the greater Perth area and its arterial roads means it should be of little surprise that bodies were dumped relatively due south or north.

It is no great stretch though to think that a serial killing lone Telstra worker travelling around might not fill his time driving up a few remote tracks fantasizing about placing a body and locking away a few favoured options in his memory bank.

Working with maps all your life on the peripheral regions laying cable and using asset pick up maps, with an interest in GPS might have something to do with it.

Having the bodies either side of the abduction hotel with a million to one chance combined with the 'serial' name tag attached to it.

No remote tracks. It was familiar ground, road side dumpings. One immediate, the other 50 metres from bitumen.

In a period where there were major stressors in his life. One where someone was home alone, before moving back to mummy and daddys.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The one thing consistent in this crime, is many people are treating it like a crime of passion.

Looking forward to hearing the premeditated/pre planning aspect of this crime.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
How is it I think this person is going to end up in a mental institution of some form, albeit high security with a computer to keep him occupied.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The one thing consistent in this crime, is many people are treating it like a crime of passion.

Looking forward to hearing the premeditated/pre planning aspect of this crime.

I don't see anyone saying they were crimes of passion and of course they were premeditated. Fairly there are doubts as to the extremeness of the planning where it comes to creating a pattern dictated by points of the compass. I guess we will see.

ShirazOnly

Presumed....
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal

Telstra has a considerably large workforce....divided up into many different areas of the telecommunications industry...not just one tech does every single duty made up of the entire business....there is tech for this and a tech for that....it maybe inside work or maybe outside work..or office work....
we don't know just yet of which area of work one may be involved in....(geography and roads?)
one thing is for certain though imo....leaving a central area....and ending up close to 40km north...could of been achieved thru unable to carry out the required task in hand because of interruptions(on coming vehicles etc)...panic starts to set in and before you know it time has flown and so have you....
On another scenario....pre-planed gets a little risky...pulled over... RBT.....breakdown.....etc....
right here we go...everybody on board.....

ShirazOnly

Presumed....
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
How is it I think this person is going to end up in a mental institution of some form, albeit high security with a computer to keep him occupied.
interesting...does perth have such accommodation....

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Telstra has a considerably large workforce....divided up into many different areas of the telecommunications industry...not just one tech does every single duty made up of the entire business....there is tech for this and a tech for that....it maybe inside work or maybe outside work..or office work....
we don't know just yet of which area of work one may be involved in....(geography and roads?)
one thing is for certain though imo....leaving a central area....and ending up close to 40km north...could of been achieved thru unable to carry out the required task in hand because of interruptions(on coming vehicles etc)...panic starts to set in and before you know it time has flown and so have you....
On another scenario....pre-planed gets a little risky...pulled over... RBT.....breakdown.....etc....
right here we go...everybody on board.....

Definitely preplanned.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't see anyone saying they were crimes of passion and of course they were premeditated. Fairly there are doubts as to the extremeness of the planning where it comes to creating a pattern dictated by points of the compass. I guess we will see.

I don't consider the preplanning was about points on a compass in the strictest terms. I do consider the preplanning of abduction night and including preplanning of disposal site locations left nothing to chance. He knew exactly what he was to do and when and where and how and with whom. I also believe his planning shows he had met all victims beforehand and not on the night of each abduction. He is a calculating 'game' player.

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
I currently have to drive past Pipidinny Rd for work most days.

This case has always stuck with me, given I was in my late teens and frequenting the Claremont night spots during the years the murders occurred.

Is there a plaque or something indicating where Ciara was found?

Part of me wants to go and pay my respects.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I currently have to drive past Pipidinny Rd for work most days.

This case has always stuck with me, given I was in my late teens and frequenting the Claremont night spots during the years the murders occurred.

Is there a plaque or something indicating where Ciara was found?

Part of me wants to go and pay my respects.

The police always show respect at a victim bush site by placing a cross. Unfortunately they are often vandalized, moved or souvenired. If you look at the google earth maps posted on BF you will see GPS data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back