The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

We bulked him up for his midfield role so I'm not entirely convinced his new shape is due to him being more committed at a new club, rather than them preferring a return to his pre-2017 figure.

No. His body composition was disgraceful.

All of Janus's gameplan cores revolve around letting the other guys get the ball first.
I get the feeling way more time is spent on what to do without the ball these days but it kinda gives the perception of guys hanging on their heels reacting instead of instigating play.

Shits me off even more. Pathetic.

It's the change he needed. Nothing he is being told is different to what he was told at Port. This is all him.

It's the change he needed. Nothing he is being told is different to what he was told at Port. This is all him.

Impossible! Clarko must have enforced a strict no-Cadburys rule. There's no way Chad made a decision to improve himself without being managed in the most understanding way as to not upset his unique personality type.

I get the feeling way more time is spent on what to do without the ball these days but it kinda gives the perception of guys hanging on their heels reacting instead of instigating play.

Just imagine a ruckman getting a clean tap out to a rover, who gets a clean kick away to a flanker, that then hits up a forward that marks and goals, which required only two contested possessions, no intercept possessions, and no run and spread because everybody was already spread out by nature of the structure.

He'd have a meltdown.

It's almost like a stale atmosphere doesn't inspire people I'm shocked.

Not on his pat malone rocking up to a Port pre-season a few kegs over the pallet.

Let's be honest, going to a club with an aura like Hawthorn with a coach like Clarko would be a great kick in the motivation reserves.

Gotta say if I had that workery hardery for longery s**t ringing in my ears for months on end I'd probably reach for a snack or two and a bevy or ten instead of a fresh garden salad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say if I had that workery hardery for longery s**t ringing in my ears for months on end I'd probably reach for a snack or two and a bevy or ten instead of a fresh garden salad.

Yeah I would treat my body like s**t whilst expecting to be in the top 5% of players paid too. Totally reasonable attitude.

Fwiw, Wingard has lost 7kg.

Hi, my name is Chad. I was a fat lazy campaigner at Port but since taking a pay cut to move to Hawthorn I’ve decided to pull my finger out. Peace.

PS * Port.

Wingard has lost 7kg because he’s trying to convince Clarkson that he should be in the midfield.

Watch it balloon out again once Clarko realises he’s too slight and gets beaten up inside too much.

There’s a recurring theme that Wingard was a lot of hard work. There’s also zero evidence he intended to be at the club beyond 2019. He started pre-season overweight and spent a fair chunk of the season playing catch up. With this in mind I do have to wonder how genuine that 6th place B&F was. We know that B&F finishes factor into FA compo and it helps the club ask a higher price at the trade table.

Wingard’s behaviour on field in 2018 was probably the worst it has ever been - he was petulant and intentionally didn’t take shots on goal when he had the opportunity (seemingly to follow the game plan which % wise didn’t make sense).

In any case, if we do perform better in 2019, it will reflect poorly on Wingard, and Polec.
This is too balanced an opinion for this thread

Chad Wingard was 85 kg last year and moved like a three toed sloth. Travis Boak was 85 kg and could run all day.

It wasn’t the weight that was the issue. If he’s lost 7kg it’s probably from his fat head.

All of Janus's gameplan cores revolve around letting the other guys get the ball first.

Exactly.

Why would you need a gameplan for offence? Play what’s in front of you. You don’t need someone to hold your penis for you when you go to the urinal do you?

I want fluidity in offence. Formlessness. If they are pressing, move the ball quick to find an out. If they are sitting back, move slow and methodical and find a mismatch. One on one, kick to the advantage of the players with the best marking capability.

Once you have the three things mentioned, the rest becomes easy.

Wingard has lost 7kg because he’s trying to convince Clarkson that he should be in the midfield.

Watch it balloon out again once Clarko realises he’s too slight and gets beaten up inside too much.
Or he's just followed a program given to him by the Hawthorn fitness staff it could be as staggeringly simple as that.

Exactly.

Why would you need a gameplan for offence? Play what’s in front of you. You don’t need someone to hold your penis for you when you go to the urinal do you?

I want fluidity in offence. Formlessness. If they are pressing, move the ball quick to find an out. If they are sitting back, move slow and methodical and find a mismatch. One on one, kick to the advantage of the players with the best marking capability.

Once you have the three things mentioned, the rest becomes easy.
It becomes a problem if it's overload you know worrying too much about the oppo as opposed to just getting the ball first.. letting go of the penis and too focused on the other guys penis etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back