Sell your Club

People struggle to separate the two; but being the villain in the whole ASADA case doesn't preclude him from also having been an exceptional player.

Sure, he was good (not as good as Essendon fans seem to think) but his overall contribution to the game is a massive negative.

Last edited:

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
- The club that created it all.
- Rich history with many greats of the game having played for us.
- Still high in the premiership tally (4th).
- Have been through a lot over the years, but have come out the other side and are now a team to be reckoned with.
- Team and age profile is getting to the point that we're gonna have a red, hot crack at flag/s very soon.
- Membership at an all time high and still rising.
- Colours are pretty bloody good.
- Home ground is the best stadium in the world.
- Finally starting to cement ourselves as the team that people new to Victoria from overseas should support.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
- Cockburn? If you answered yes - we are right near the salty water of the Indian Ocean if you need to cleanse
- If you answered no, we are no strangers to Cockburn
- Waterslides?
- We are closer to Success than the West Coast
- Did I mention Waterslides?

Biggest club in the AFL ever - first to have over 100,000 members
We're truly Australian - a land "of droughts and flooding rains". Successful historically, but with a history of long droughts followed by down-pourings of premierships.
We have all time stars - Captain Blood firstly, followed by Bourke, Stewart, and Hart (AFL Team of the Century). Then a few more like Hungry Bartlett, Titus, Richo :p etc
Our fans stick through long period of pain, like true fans should.
The tiger is best symbol of any club. They just rock.
We have the best song.
We make you a stronger person, in that "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger'. ;)

Dustin Martin.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
ice_cube_wtf.gif
Legendary drug cheat and arrogant w***er. Filed coach as well. Get a grip.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
success is over rated ....
you will always get a seat at our home games...
our fans are loyal though and when the time does come that we toast our second flag it will be one hell of a party

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From the depths of the off-season..

Basically, if you were pitching/selling your club to a new AFL fan, what would you promote and say about your club so that new fan is persuaded to choose them.

Take the Bombers.

- A founding member of the VFL
- historically the equal most successful team in the competition
- Inaugural premiers
- four peated in the VFA (has to count for something)
- we wear red and black, surely one of the best colours in the league. You can actually look good going to footy in essendon gear compared to certain other teams...
- the original sash team (sorry tiges)
- provider of absolute legends of the game such as Coleman, Reynolds and Hird
- blockbusters galore - ANZAC day, Dreamtime, ‘country’ game and now Good Friday
- a history of winning against the odds: St Kilda 2009, Geelong 2011, Fremantle 2013...
- 2000❤
- classic rivalries with carlton, hawthorn, north and west coast
- have NEVER sold a game interstate
- have shown to galvanise in the face of adversity, even though adversity has been brought on ourselves
- an exciting list and perhaps soon a chance for that elusive number 17

See, how could you not want to support the mighty Dons :p
I could take the Bombers and tell them they are selling themselves up the river... they are hoping against a hope... and that is all...

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I could take the Bombers and tell them they are selling themselves up the river... they are hoping against a hope... and that is all...
Wrong. Bombers are more than likely to win a flag soon. Unbelievable to be able to interpret a post of yours.

Wrong. Bombers are more than likely to win a flag soon. Unbelievable to be able to interpret a post of yours.

Since the Bombers last won in September, two AFL clubs were formed, the US went through four presidential elections, we went through six Prime Ministers, ISIS was an Egyptian god, the iPhone didn't exist, and Rolf Harris and Bill Cosby were seen as good men.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
never been done before.. my interpretation is wildly inappropriate,,, and anything beyond this is going to send you into symbiotic...

no you have no idea....

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Since the Bombers last won in September, two AFL clubs were formed, the US went through four presidential elections, we went through six Prime Ministers, ISIS was an Egyptian god, the iPhone didn't exist, and Rolf Harris and Bill Cosby were seen as good men.
Wow, you would make a great history teacher.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
grunge is direct

superstitious is as the direct extraction does... can a personality who directs herself is being wrapped in a stunned writing..

I do't like if I don't I know what you ar doing...

Back