Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoping McAdam as opition "A" ......but if Stengle can get 8 games next year, IMO job well done

It looks like Ned and Chayce are knocking down the door hard. If Fog plays as the Gov replacement then I can see both Ned and Chayce getting games ahead of McAdam. I have high hopes for Shane, but these two lads look like they could be ready to go pressure forwards.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Midfield for mine. Brad and Milera into the mids completely changes our dynamic from one-paced followers and adds some evasive break-away capacity.

Reckon he will thrive in there, candy-selling and side-stepping his way to glory.
Sloane, M Crouch, Greenwood on the inside, B Crouch, Milera, Douglas Gibbs in-out, Seed, Smith, Atkins on the outside is starting to look good!

And then McKay as the cherry on top (note I don't like cherries)

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
But Wayne did say last year, he'd have to get his fitness up, if he were to play midfield ......just put 1 +1 together

I am more thinking that regardless of where is is going to be playing next year he would have been working on his fitness. I can't see him doing any different even if he was setting himself for a great year of the half back line.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
It looks like Ned and Chayce are knocking down the door hard. If Fog plays as the Gov replacement then I can see both Ned and Chayce getting games ahead of McAdam. I have high hopes for Shane, but these two lads look like they could be ready to go pressure forwards.
It's tough to predict the makeup ATM ......how hard is McAdam training ???? .....he certainly has some "X" factor (marking) ....but he's also a big tackler

So there's positive arguments for all 3 ....and maybe even Stengle

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I am more thinking that regardless of where is is going to be playing next year he would have been working on his fitness. I can't see him doing any different even if he was setting himself for a great year of the half back line.
Fair Point

Did Macca before he killed it in the finals?
Macca learnt his trade off a hbf, then moving into the midfield... including finals when he did both. Milera looks suited to do the same... increasing his midfield minutes as the seasons go on.

I can’t see the harm in playing him in the middle for the JLT
No arguement from me as JLT should be for some experimentation.

I have been saying all preseason that we need to increase our midfield rotations, by having more players rotating through both our backline & forward line... Like the great Hawks & Cats sides have to give the coach options. This should include Milera.

Mrouch is really only our pure midfielder.
Brouch, Sloane, Gibbs, Douglas, Knight & Milera can all play inside/outside midfield & back/forward.

I just see Milera predominantly as a HBF with bursts in the midfield, which will increase with time... leading to the likes of Gibbs, Sloane & Douglas reducing their time in the midfield over the years.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If Stengle plays 8 games next year that trade with Carlton isn't looking so good.
I disagree .....if he were ready, we wouldn't have paid the price we did from Richmond ........Jenkins played 11 games in his first year.....same with Seedsman

So I think 8 games is a fair target myself

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I disagree .....if he were ready, we wouldn't have paid the price we did from Richmond ........Jenkins played 11 games in his first year.....same with Seedsman

Pick 68 compared with picks 37 and 31 for seed and JJ

If we get 8 games from that either it's a master stroke or we are having a bad year

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was the whole group involved in the Time Trial? I don't want to discount the winner's efforts, but I do wonder whether the more established players really do give their all in these things or whether they know to pace themselves?
The times posted by the top 3 are pretty close to best AFL standard so yes
even though they run in groups their times were up there with the best ever posted by any AFL player

More running later in training where McHenry went up another level and was unstoppable . He’d be up there with the best endurance runners in the comp already

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe by selectors, but this forum gave him a hard time over his contested game year 2 .......there's a reason Milera is running the 2km trials this year, that he wasn't last year ......and my take is a planned midfield / wing role
I agree and if not in round 1 then sometime soon

I also can’t see Milera Smith and Laird all playing defence together all year , not the right balance

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
The times posted by the top 3 are pretty close to best AFL standard so yes
even though they run in groups their times were up there with the best ever posted by any AFL player

More running later in training where McHenry went up another level and was unstoppable
. He’d be up there with the best endurance runners in the comp already
That was his fame & passion .....so no surprise

But what i liked was coming to the finish line, Milera being more experienced, was happy to cruise to the line ......but Ned wanted the win, and his face showed the effort ....i like that in a player !

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparantly over 20 players set best ever times, which is very pleasing. Appears we have learnt from last year's mistakes.
At a guess...
Milera
McHenry
Fog
McPherson
Jones
Hamill
Scholl
Straunhy
Greenwood
Polholke
Stengle
McAdam
CEY
Doedee
Butts
Keath
ROB
Murphy
Davis
Seed

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Personally think he will struggle to play at all , you need to be able to run these days and we have others that can

Back