Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A floating back to top (and go to bottom) button appears on the bottom left of the browser when you start scrolling.
Ooh I see one now, but on the right. Thanks.

On mobile, can we please have the thread title somewhere in the footer? This was on the previous version.

Just a general comment, I think this upgrade has been handled much better than the previous one so kudos to those involved.
The last one was just a style upgrade. This one is a full software upgrade.

I second that.
Nice work Chief. You are doing a good job trying to accommodate the many requests and suggestions that you receive. The site is definitely getting better.
We still have a lot to do, but it is in a good place right now with some of the most urgent gripes sorted.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Hi Chief

Apologies if this has been asked, but what was the purpose of taking away the ability of copying and pasting a gif..?

It's added unwanted seconds to my strong gif game, i'm concerned about developing RSI with the extra mouse clicks..

Seriously though, is it just not a function that is available with the new upgrade?

Thanks for your time and effort!

Last edited:
Hi Chief

Apologies if this has been asked, but what was the purpose of taking away the ability of copying and pasting a gif..?

It's added unwanted seconds to my strong gif game, i'm concerned about developing RSI with the extra mouse clicks..

Seriously though, is it just not a function that is available with the new upgrade?

I will test it out. Didn’t know this was a thing.

Hi Chief

Hi Chief

This is a bit weird - it lets me paste and the file is “there” but not attached....

I will need to investigate more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Chief

1547118242324.gif

It works but you had to wait while it uploaded.

29EB64D1-E671-4242-817B-25D237D88CC6.jpeg

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Checked the OP and couldn't see this address so apologies if this has already been asked, but is there anyway that we can get the default search to sort via Date rather than relevance? (Like it use to?) Or even able to sort the search results once we have them rather than do a new search.

As an example, previously if I was trying to search on a player I would be in the Club forum, hit search, type the name and then have all the latest information about the player (training reports etc). Took 2 seconds and was super easy.

If I try and search via top right now, it defaults to whole site (which is fine, I just change it to "this forum") but then it sorts the results via relevance, so you end up seeing information from a year ago as the top result. I tried to see if there was a way to sort those results but I couldn't work out how to do it, other than do a whole new search. So only way to get latest player info is if I do an advanced search, search by thread, scroll through the list, choose the forum I want to search in, sort via date, then search. What previously took 2 seconds now takes 30+

Probably a minor QoL change in the grand scheme of the upgrade, but something I thought I would mention/ask as something that was relatively easy before now takes much longer.

Hi Chief

In an effort to improve the flaunting of my e-peen as an Eagles supporter is it possible for the little trophy badge to be returned next to the username for supporters of the reigning premier?

Cheers and apologies if already dealt with elsewhere in the thread.

Why can't the "jump to new" button be located next to thread title on forum page as before, actually saves 2 separate actions to achieve the same result ?
You click the thread title to jump to new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back