Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I bought my Pulsar new 5 years ago for about 20 grand. I just had the 90,000km service done and it got a good report. I intend to keep it til about the 200,000km mark. Just don't see the point in lashing out for a new car all the time. You lose about a quarter of the value of a new car just driving it out of the car yard.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I bought my Pulsar new 5 years ago for about 20 grand. I just had the 90,000km service done and it got a good report. I intend to keep it til about the 200,000km mark. Just don't see the point in lashing out for a new car all the time. You lose about a quarter of the value of a new car just driving it out of the car yard.
Got a 2003 Corolla with 80,000 kms on the clock.

Drives like a dream. I think I'll hit 200,000 in 25 years.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Speaking of cars, how do I know what sort of oil my car needs?
1547125452018.png

I get this

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Make sure its manual V8 and in devil yellow

Definitely V8, manual is hard to find, but I prefer the aqua/teal colour.

One for sale currently but only on my Ps still and no place to store it.

Sucks that they didn't update the styling to match the Commodores, reckon they'd look good with the square headlights and features of the VY - Z.

Wearing the colour your team underuses with pride- I like it :)
I have an aqua car.

Are you much younger than I thought, or did you get your licence later than most?

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants

Sucks that they didn't update the styling to match the Commodores, reckon they'd look good with the square headlights and features of the VY - Z.
Don't see many teal compared to yellow

Yeah all good. Was not meant to be critical or anything.

Fwiw i think my cousin is mad to spend that money on the Merc- but its his life, his loan he has to pay off.

Cars are an interesting discussion point. I find people (some) are very outraged about what people drive, usually biased by their own brand of choice. as long as people are happy driving whatever they want, so be it.

As you said, it's his life and loan. Wish people were as understanding/logical as you! :D

I think there is a general unsettling when it comes to money/spending on something expensive. Cars, private schools, tutors etc. It really offends people

Don't see many teal compared to yellow
That's because they're ******* ugly. Seriously couldn't think of a worse colour. If you were buying it as an investment you wouldn't get aqua.

I say this all the time and then buy a new car. I think the trick is to just stay away from the showrooms.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back