List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m expecting a Menzel type result out of this kid, just much less expensive. Still, I trust the talent ID guys to have seen something worth getting him across for.
I agree with this....like Menzel I think we have recruited him on potential X factor that may well not materialise.
20% chance of being a master stroke, elite player.....80% chance a complete bust IMO

Played with him for 2/3 years, you wont see many players that get more 'out the back' goals and goals which just seem to fall in his lap but that's his gift, he gets in the right spots and looks alive around ground balls
That pretty much describes Eddie Betts at the same age.

Pretty sure all reports had Menzel coming across on a 3 year deal.
Yeah but he was a first round pick who had shown something at AFL level.

Stengle is a rookie who has shown nothing at AFL level, if we are throwing out 3 year deals for this type of player that we aren’t sure on, well then that is very poor recruiting.

Yeah but he was a first round pick who had shown something at AFL level.

Stengle is a rookie who has shown nothing at AFL level, if we are throwing out 3 year deals for this type of player that we aren’t sure on, well then that is very poor recruiting.

The point was that Menzel was only around for 2. Stengle may have a similar contract structure.

Good highlights package. Knows how to use the ball. He doesn't look too slow to me. Has a few tricks up his sleeve also.

He’s similar to Eddie with pace, his first couple of steps are lightening with elite agility which allows to find space easily and track someone to tackle in close quarters. Essentially their general play tends to be done at a higher speed than most.

In a 20+meter sprint though, they get mown down a bit and lose that edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson Stengle is a real wildcard for me, could play every game, or spend the entire season in the Magoo's. I just don't know.

I have absolutely no bearing on the bloke!

My bearing is majoos this year. His biggest problem in my eyes is funnily enough, Eddie. They're similar profile wise from everything I know, though naturally, Stengle doesn't have that ridiculously advanced offensive game (yet). He may get the odd game where we decide to rest Eddie, or if he is unfortunately injured. Think how we intended to treat Jenkins in 2012, initially insurance if something goes wrong with potential long term pay off.

I doubt Stengle is in the conversation for the open small forward spot/s this year. Needs are different then what he offers seeing he's not fast enough (especially with Eddie who is a similar speed to Stengle) to be the elite defensive option we are currently lacking.

McHenry is the one, but hopefully Stengle gets some JLT Cup time.

Tyson Stengle is a real wildcard for me, could play every game, or spend the entire season in the Magoo's. I just don't know.

So far there’s been next to no fanfare about him ..... by design, or nothing to brag about yet

Interesting that Eddie said Stengel was just like him at the same age ???? .... overweight, lazy, and a gambler :eek::eek:

I mean how could you? Stengle has only played 2 AFL games. The only people who'd have much of a bearing on him are hardcore Richmond fans who watch the reserves.

I am thinking that McAdam is the one that will get the early nod as long as he gets his fitness to the right level and I admit I have heard nothing on him so far this preseason on how he is tracking - anyone out there that can fill me and others in on how he is progressing?

I am thinking that McAdam is the one that will get the early nod as long as he gets his fitness to the right level and I admit I have heard nothing on him so far this preseason on how he is tracking - anyone out there that can fill me and others in on how he is progressing?
Don Pyke spoke glowingly off what Shane has shown on the track...I did post it earlier.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/01/23/the-new-crow-to-watch-out-for-in-2019/

Adelaide coach Don Pyke has earmarked mature-aged recruit Shane McAdam as a player to watch out for throughout the 2019 season.

McAdam, 23, joined the Crows along with pick No. 13 and a future fifth-round selection in a three-way trade that saw Mitch McGovern land at Carlton and Sydney secure selections No. 26, 28 and 40
The medium-sized forward scored 31 goals in 17 games for SANFL outfit Sturt last year and caught the eye with his forward line pressure, speed and agility.
“We’re really excited about having Shane (McAdam) on board,” Pyke told SEN Breakfast.
“He’s a mature-aged guy that’s played some good footy at SANFL level. He’s making that transition, as all first-year guys do, between playing at a local level then getting into the AFL.
He’s certainly one to look out for – he’s highly talented, he moves really well and has a great feel for the game.”
McAdam recently spent time in hospital with a bout of gastro but is expected to recover in time for the start of the JLT Community Series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back