Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooh. We're getting close to the point where you try to outwit your subject and end up confusing yourself.
You've just alluded to the point that breaking the cycle of certain negative situations in life can be accomplished by hard work...
I tried to see if you'd say Aboriginals could ever be your equal, via hard work...
Instead of the obvious "of course", you run around wringing your hands.

You pointed out that you believe Aboriginals could never understand calculus...
You pointed out that you believe that it's because their culture has failed to pass your litmus test.

You've just alluded to the point that breaking the cycle of certain negative situations in life can be accomplished by hard work...
Not hard work, good decisions.

Stupid people make bad decisions.

Eg Chief pointed out that my mum drank bags of goon while pregnant, which gave me FASD. That was a bad decision. It is probably accumulated deleterious mutations from generations of inbreeding which caused Chief's problems. His are a product of bad luck, which explains his world view, mine bad decision making.

Are they capable of making good decisions?
I believe that they are as capable and more so, than you.
Don't you?
Why would you ask that?...

If your parents were Aboriginal, could they have been intelligent enough to have made the same decisions that your mum did? Could they have set you on the same path? Could they have been as 'good' as your mum, at breaking the cycle?

Or... are they "obviously" not "intelligent" enough?,,,

I believe that they are as capable and more so, than you.

What does this sentence mean?

If your parents were Aboriginal, could they have been intelligent enough to have made the same decisions that your mum did?
Maybe.
Could they have set you on the same path?
Maybe.
Could they have been as 'good' as your mum, at breaking the cycle?
Maybe.

Or... are they "obviously" not "intelligent" enough?,,,
And maybe you should ask why they don't. Why in a modern world, some people perform better than others. Bigotry? Then why do Jewish/Chinese people prosper in every country they emigrate to, despite facing racism? Why do some cultures fail, while others prosper? Why do some families repeat the cycle of violence? Is it all just luck?

What portion is luck, and what portion is a product of free will? How do you identify and quantify it?

What does this sentence mean?

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe.

And maybe you should ask why they don't. Why in a modern world, some people perform better than others. Bigotry? Then why do Jewish/Chinese people prosper in every country they emigrate to, despite facing racism? Why do some cultures fail, while others prosper? Why do some families repeat the cycle of violence? Is it all just luck?

What portion is luck, and what portion is a product of free will? How do you identify and quantify it?
Maybe...
Maybe it's not the culture that you're judging, but the race?...

So 'breaking the cycle' can be done. But there is some reason that remote communities can't do it... ?

Maybe...
Maybe it's not the culture that you're judging, but the race?...

What is your explanation for indigenous disadvantage?

Is it a product of racism and dispossession?

If so, why have other cultures who have faced equal or greater challenges in the past 200 years prospered?

Compare the world historical significance of what the Jewish people have produced versus the indigenous. It is no contest. Why?

What is your explanation for indigenous disadvantage?
\/ \/ \/
a product of racism and dispossession.

If so, why have other cultures who have faced equal or greater challenges in the past 200 years prospered?
Compare the world historical significance of what the Jewish people have produced versus the indigenous. It is no contest. Why?
\/ \/ \/
Imagine if I was born 1000 years ago. Or 1000 years into the future. Or born as a cat. Or with a missing leg.
Could I achieved what I have if I was not me but my brother? Probably not.
What if I was a tree? I'd be stumped!

Do you want me to edit your quotes to refer to cultures or races?

Or would you like to try an actual discussion, rather than me chasing you down the rabbit hole, then getting called out for 'semantics'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the left = dole bludgers? All of the Left? As in, one half of the entire population (or whatever significant percentage of it they constitute)?

Every time you speak to me you put things in my mouth.

All I've said so far is the left are happy to spend public money because they don't appear to know or care that it represents someone else working.

All I've said so far is the left are happy to spend public money because they don't appear to know or care that it represents someone else working.
Why is government spending in Australia higher under the Libs then? Does Cormann charging the taxpayer 40k to fly to Perth represent this fiscal responsibility you seem keen on attributing to the conservative side of politics?

I mother my children the same way my mother did, who learned it from her mother.

Their father learned from his dad who learned from his dad how to be a father.

How do you propose the cycle is broken of parents not knowing how to teach their children, or staying with their children so they can have the best chance at life?

I don't have hard data but I expect that children of broken home and single mums are more likely to end up as single mums and in broken families.

How do you break the cycle?

Education is where I'd begin. That would take public money however.

You accuse someone of putting words in your mouth, and then you go and put words in the mouth of the entire left. Wrong hypocrisy thread I fear

Why is government spending in Australia higher under the Libs then? Does Cormann charging the taxpayer 40k to fly to Perth represent this fiscal responsibility you seem keen on attributing to the conservative side of politics?
Government spending has been increasing regardless of who is in power, remember when the opposition and cross bench blocked spending cut legislation?

When Shorten walks into power his government will be the highest spending too, because he is the latest.

Education is where I'd begin. That would take public money however.

You accuse someone of putting words in your mouth, and then you go and put words in the mouth of the entire left. Wrong hypocrisy thread I fear
You volunteered public money in the sentence just prior to saying that..

First you said this.

Now it's this.
Government spending has been increasing regardless of who is in power, remember when the opposition and cross bench blocked spending cut legislation?

When Shorten walks into power his government will be the highest spending too, because he is the latest.
You've gone from the dreaded left spending all the government money to all governments do it, a remarkable back pedal in such a short period of time and it should also be noted that the last Labor government's spending to GDP ratio was lower than both the Howard government and the current one, and an IMF report had Howard as the most profligate. How do you explain that?

Doesn't mean I think it falls out of the sky. And does that mean you think we shouldn't be spending money on education?
If education is a state responsibility then I don't think the federal government should be putting money towards it in election campaigns as a vote buy.

Since the question is coming about what I would do, I'd divert the chaplain cash to a positive parenting program - but that won't see results for a generation.

First you said this.

Now it's this.

You've gone from the dreaded left spending all the government money to all governments do it, a remarkable back pedal in such a short period of time and it should also be noted that the last Labor government's spending to GDP ratio was lower than both the Howard government and the current one, and an IMF report had Howard as the most profligate. How do you explain that?
It's not a back pedal at all. How much federal government spending is committed every election to state responsibilities to buy votes? The population is so hungry for more output and "a fair go" that both sides pour cash on them and any attempt to reduce the spending is "a massive cut" and "medicare disappearing".

I don't remember that period. I was too young.

How does the spending per capita compare? Spending to GDP is too heavily impacted by mining production booms (as in post construction boom) and then economic flat spots.

It's not a back pedal at all. How much federal government spending is committed every election to state responsibilities to buy votes? The population is so hungry for more output and "a fair go" that both sides pour cash on them and any attempt to reduce the spending is "a massive cut" and "medicare disappearing".

I don't remember that period. I was too young.

How does the spending per capita compare? Spending to GDP is too heavily impacted by mining production booms (as in post construction boom) and then economic flat spots.
So it's not just the dreaded left as you suggested that are happy to spend public money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back