Gideon Haigh SLAMS Justin Langer. Destroys Cricket Australia with logic and facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m surprised your not in the Maxwell thread with the other Fanbois.

In my experience people using that word have no grounds for it other than ‘this person/s don’t agree with me.’

I don’t love the bloke, most here don’t, but you don’t have to think he’s the second coming of Bradman to realise that by comparison to the armchair ride others have been given into the test squad and team, he’s been hard done by.

Until smith and Warner come back, Australia boasts the third worst batting line up in test cricket, Zimbabwe, Ireland and Afghanistan aside.

Only Bangladesh and West Indies are worse.
You could even make an argument that at home, Bangladesh are better. Mominul Haque and their keeper Mushfiqur are points of difference (and they’ve got a genuine world class all rounder). If either the Windies or Bangladesh had someone being overlooked who averaged 40+ in first class cricket who also scored an away century against the number one side in the world, wouldn’t you think it was odd that after a lot of subsequent purging, they couldn’t get back in the side?

In my experience people using that word have no grounds for it other than ‘this person/s don’t agree with me.’

I don’t love the bloke, most here don’t, but you don’t have to think he’s the second coming of Bradman to realise that by comparison to the armchair ride others have been given into the test squad and team, he’s been hard done by.

Until smith and Warner come back, Australia boasts the third worst batting line up in test cricket, Zimbabwe, Ireland and Afghanistan aside.

You could even make an argument that at home, Bangladesh are better. Mominul Haque and their keeper Mushfiqur are points of difference (and they’ve got a genuine world class all rounder). If either the Windies or Bangladesh had someone being overlooked who averaged 40+ in first class cricket who also scored an away century against the number one side in the world, wouldn’t you think it was odd that after a lot of subsequent purging, they couldn’t get back in the side?
They did beat the Aussies 1-0 a little over a year ago at home even with Smith and Warner. I'd say it's the second worst.

Yea, I wouldn't like to see our current batsmen face Ireland in Dublin in May.

don't know his background at all aside from his cricinfo page, but will bosisto comes to mind when thinking of those pathways.
Absolutely nailed it. Outstanding under 19s tournament. Did nothing in grade cricket, did well in the dumbed down futures league, has now had a WACA contract for 6 years for very little return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back