Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know what salary Roughead and Burgoyne are on. I don’t pretend to know like some in this thread.

All I know for a fact is they Scully has taken $$$ from Hawthorns cap for the next three years that could have been used to entice another player to the Hawks.
Yeah, you keep saying that like it means something.

All the players on the list are being paid money in the cap, so I don’t know why you think Scully’s contract will have any more impact than anyone else on the list on bringing in players, unless you think the HFC have no idea what they’re doing and have zero forward planning.

The whole “you brought in Scully, now you can’t bring in other players” is just nonsense to be frank.

I don’t know what salary Roughead and Burgoyne are on. I don’t pretend to know like some in this thread.

All I know for a fact is they Scully has taken $$$ from Hawthorns cap for the next three years that could have been used to entice another player to the Hawks.
Yeah but we by that same logic we don't know how much money either?

This was a great deal and the risk was as absolutely minimum as you can get, surely no one is trying to argue this.

Another image of Scully has been posted by the Hawk's social media team. Shows him comfortably putting weight on his ankle but frankly I think it's just as staged as the photo of him "running" they recently put out. Pretty desperate stuff.

View attachment 600710
What I find most annoying about posters like yourself is that when Scully makes his inevitable return to the field, and eventually to a level of formerly-unattainable greatness thanks to Hawthorn's unmatched developmental environment, rather than face the music and own up to their own poor judgement the naysayers will inevitably crawl back under the rocks they came from, plug their ears and pretend they were never foolish enough to doubt mettle of The Great Hawthorn Football Club in the first place.

What I find most annoying about posters like yourself is that when Scully makes his inevitable return to the field, and eventually to a level of formerly-unattainable greatness thanks to Hawthorn's unmatched developmental environment, rather than face the music and own up to their own poor judgement the naysayers will inevitably crawl back under the rocks they came from, plug their ears and pretend they were never foolish enough to doubt mettle of The Great Hawthorn Football Club in the first place.
Do you take your own drugs or just hand them out?

Most normal thinking people would be hoping he gets to play again as most people dont like players leaving the game before their time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nah I'll probably just tell you to get ****ed

Does this mean that if Scully never returns to 100%, you'll come out and admit being wrong?

I'm not passing judgement on Scully either way since I have no knowledge of the condition of his ankle outside of media speculation, but to judge people for thinking he won't make it, while saying he is going to get to "a level of formerly-unattainable greatness" just comes across as hypocritical and arrogant

Nah I'll probably just tell you to get ******
You had a perfect opportunity to demonstrate a maturity beyond what I've come to expect from Bigfooty's Essendon posters and you completely fluffed it.

Does this mean that if Scully never returns to 100%, you'll come out and admit being wrong?

I'm not passing judgement on Scully either way since I have no knowledge of the condition of his ankle outside of media speculation, but to judge people for thinking he won't make it, while saying he is going to get to "a level of formerly-unattainable greatness" just comes across as hypocritical and arrogant
It certainly does, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong if that proves to be the case, and even encourage you to bump the thread should it happen.

As for labeling parts of my post "hypocritical and arrogant", I can understand how difficult it must be for fans of other clubs to grasp the Hawthorn-supporter mindset which has been heavily moulded by decades of continuous success. Despite what you may think its not all sunshine & roses, the burden of constant expectation that lays upon us is a heavy one to bear.

Last edited:
Why is it Essendon supporters that want Scully to fail the most?

Every second one I bump into can’t wait to tell me he’ll never play again. And that the running pics on insta were photoshopped. It’s sick.

Are they the same flogs that put a line through Jaeger too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are they the same flogs that put a line through Jaeger too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes.

Unfortunately there is a group of Essendon fans who want Hawthorn to fail no matter the reason.

Me personally, I hope Scully gets back to 100% and that it doesn't matter and we beat you anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every second one I bump into can’t wait to tell me he’ll never play again. And that the running pics on insta were photoshopped. It’s sick.

'Every second one' makes it 50% so really, it's not all bad in fact it's half good. However perhaps it's 'reciprocated saltiness' against the continued bleating of the Hawthorn supporters who continue to trot out 'Oh, we actually pulled out of the Shiel chase, we didn't want him in the end'. (Yeah, right). Then again it could be the nauseating arrogance of most Hawthorn supporters (subsequently overtaken by Richmond supporters mind you). I hope Scully plays again, he's a gun but I think he has a huge challenge to return to the player he was at his best, the passing of time in the least may dilute his effectiveness. But it's cruel to see any player crippled by injury.
To close, be happy with Wingard, we're happy with Dylan. Cheers.

Yeah no risk except for half a mil a year down the drain
Laughable you think you have any understanding of the Hawks cap. They may need to use that 500k to get up to 95%. Stop making it out to be a bad trade when you have zero idea of the numbers.

With Mitchell going down Scully could be a huge signing. If he gets going it’s a massive steal.

The Scully photoshopped thing MUST be a pisstake...surely??????

Laughable you think you have any understanding of the Hawks cap. They may need to use that 500k to get up to 95%. Stop making it out to be a bad trade when you have zero idea of the numbers.

With Mitchell going down Scully could be a huge signing. If he gets going it’s a massive steal.
Did they have to use that 500k on Scully/Yes, it would be steal if he gets going but there is a RISK that he doesn't and Hawks waste 500k that could have gone to an uninjured player. Laughable that you don't understand that.

'Every second one' makes it 50% so really, it's not all bad in fact it's half good. However perhaps it's 'reciprocated saltiness' against the continued bleating of the Hawthorn supporters who continue to trot out 'Oh, we actually pulled out of the Shiel chase, we didn't want him in the end'. (Yeah, right). Then again it could be the nauseating arrogance of most Hawthorn supporters (subsequently overtaken by Richmond supporters mind you). I hope Scully plays again, he's a gun but I think he has a huge challenge to return to the player he was at his best, the passing of time in the least may dilute his effectiveness. But it's cruel to see any player crippled by injury.
To close, be happy with Wingard, we're happy with Dylan. Cheers.

Ah well, we've lost Mitchell now. So hopefully this bloke can get his body right. We're going to need him.

Remember the other day you said provide a source, and I did? I remember it shutting you up.

Fact is we have plenty of space to go after Cogs, it's just a matter of what he wants to do.
That was Juss, who hasn’t returned, but Max & Rich seem to know more about HFC than anyone else, including our football Dept

The Scully trade ws a good deal for the hawks , Pretty much picked up a very good outside player for peanuts
Salary dump for GWS and probably the correct call by them also going foward

Everything thats been written about his injuries suggest he will be back to normal but could take until mid year
Hawks have the space so use it on quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back