Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t even had a training session in 2019 and we’re already writing off 19yr olds.

:drunk:

It’s important to get in early so you can big note yourself later ;)
Hey Bris that's BS and you know it, opinion based forum, didn't think hr bagged the s**t out of them just stated that he didn't think they would make it.
So often when something like this gets said / posted the knights of the fanboy realm show there soft underbelly not all players are going to make it,
For the record before I was on big footy I let all around me at the footy know that I thought Brad Sewell was going to be nothing but a hack, I was wrong. Once.
Surely negative opinions of players can be expressed on here without the need for the realm to play the man, just remind them when said players step up they were wrong.

No way Hanrahan and Jiath are ready for AFL. In fact I am prepared to stick my neck out and say neither will make it. (Ducks for cover) Hanrahan can do a few nice things but I do not see AFL-level hardness or endeavour. Jiath is... well... energetic.

Moore, on the other hand, I really like.

Are you pissed, mate?

First day back at training. Beautiful weather and Waverley in top condition

As always in pre-season it’s hard to spot blokes as they’re all wearing same gear and hats, but few of my assessments

Sam Mitchell still has it, could be playing for 14 other clubs. Very intense and vocal at training

Max Bailey seems a great teacher. Very instructional and direct with all the players, especially youngsters

McEvoy looks fantastic, great intensity in all drills

Who was the young, very tall kid? Not a listed player, referred to as Rhysy, was tallest of all the boys. Academy?

Hardwick in rehab running laps

Birchall in rehab doing very little

CJ is an amazing athlete and has all the tools. Lacks a bit of footy nous but when he develops that he could be special. Just seems to run himself into trouble too often

Wingard just elite talent. Class above most out there. Noticed the boys got around him a lot every time he did something good. Surely put on to help him settle in but Chad seemed to beam every time he got that good feedback.

Howe seemed to dominate a lot of the drills and coaches comments

Glass moving very well

First look at Scrimshaw and I loved everything I saw. Should start at BHH and challenged for a Senior game very early

Walker in rehab. Rehab group had about 5-6. Couldn’t seem them all

Worpel was in everything, wasn’t super clean all the time.

Mitch Lewis has put on some size. Nice to see

Morrison looming in ripping condition. Expect him to take it to the next level

Minchington gives 110%. Not sure what he’ll bring to the side but it will at least be heart and effort.

Pitto seemed very trim.

Of the other new guys, Greaves impressed me the most. Seems very hungry for this and loved his effort and intensity in drills

Most of the drills were 2 on 2 loose ball gets, and also defensive 50 ball movement.

I was only there for 90mins.

An ambulance arrived on field for a while and attention was given to an individual. No idea who or what happened. Others there can give that update

Hard to notice much else. Will give more later if I recall. Then just wait til the next session

First day back at training. Beautiful weather and Waverley in top condition

As always in pre-season it’s hard to spot blokes as they’re all wearing same gear and hats, but few of my assessments

Sam Mitchell still has it, could be playing for 14 other clubs. Very intense and vocal at training

Max Bailey seems a great teacher. Very instructional and direct with all the players, especially youngsters

McEvoy looks fantastic, great intensity in all drills

Who was the young, very tall kid? Not a listed player, referred to as Rhysy, was tallest of all the boys. Academy?

Hardwick in rehab running laps

Birchall in rehab doing very little

CJ is an amazing athlete and has all the tools. Lacks a bit of footy nous but when he develops that he could be special. Just seems to run himself into trouble too often

Wingard just elite talent. Class above most out there. Noticed the boys got around him a lot every time he did something good. Surely put on to help him settle in but Chad seemed to beam every time he got that good feedback.

Howe seemed to dominate a lot of the drills and coaches comments

Glass moving very well

First look at Scrimshaw and I loved everything I saw. Should start at BHH and challenged for a Senior game very early

Walker in rehab. Rehab group had about 5-6. Couldn’t seem them all

Worpel was in everything, wasn’t super clean all the time.

Mitch Lewis has put on some size. Nice to see

Morrison looming in ripping condition. Expect him to take it to the next level

Minchington gives 110%. Not sure what he’ll bring to the side but it will at least be heart and effort.

Pitto seemed very trim.

Of the other new guys, Greaves impressed me the most. Seems very hungry for this and loved his effort and intensity in drills

Most of the drills were 2 on 2 loose ball gets, and also defensive 50 ball movement.

I was only there for 90mins.

An ambulance arrived on field for a while and attention was given to an individual. No idea who or what happened. Others there can give that update

Hard to notice much else. Will give more later if I recall. Then just wait til the next session
Scully was also out there doing handball and kicking drills. He then did some high knee lift run-throughs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, at least there is going to be midfield spots up for grabs.

Going to be a brutal year
It doesn't sound good how he went down but until we know how long he is out for we don't really know how bad it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back