Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Of course if he's injured he can't possibly perform but this is the build up of 5 seasons. You don't get too many more chances injury or not after 5 seasons.
Injuries while unfortunate gives a player a short shelf life. See Freeman, Goddard, Markworth.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Of course if he's injured he can't possibly perform but this is the build up of 5 seasons. You don't get too many more chances injury or not after 5 seasons.
over the 5 seasons each year he has gotten better and better as he is growing into a footballer , last year was the first and only year he had stagnated and that was purely due to injury , Pre-season last year Blake was smashing the PB's and to start the year he was fantastic ... his first 5 games for the year he was easily in the bests for us after thet he got injured and that pretty much robbed him of a solid season he was averaging 25 possesions a game to that point to say he is running out of chances when he has been on a steady up trend on just bout every statistical category is just false

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
let me clarify ... Acres issues are coach related - Your words that don't sound like they have come from some mate of a mate , anyway are you saying if someone was working for you and posted something derogatory about you online and you knew it could have only come from one person you would not be pissed at them ,,,,,,, Bullshit mate you would be fuming that he didn't come and speak to you about the issue first and give you the chance to explain .
Anyway happy Friday
well for starters i dont think there is a forum dedicated for discussing machinery rebuilds so....
secondly Richo is an AFL coach if you really thnk an AFL coach cares about whats written about him on a forum than you are very very much off the mark , i can tell you that from a club level there is always constant two way converstaion between the player and the coach so without doubt the coach knows exactly what the player thinks about the way he is being played and the player knows exactly how the coach intends to play him .. What i posted is not derogatory at all , i didnt post a player thinks the coach is out of his depth i didnt post a player thinks the coach is a dumb as s**t ... no i posted a player isnt happy with how he is being played that is not derogatory at all and if a coach is really that thin skinned to but cut by that comment that is posted on an internet forum then they are in the wrong profession...
I am most certainly not ITK ... i get information from time to time , lots is not relavant to post some is said in confidence so i wont post but mostly it is generic stuff that is pretty much common knowledge anyway so ill post that to have a discussion on this forum

well for starters i dont think there is a forum dedicated for discussing machinery rebuilds so....
secondly Richo is an AFL coach if you really thnk an AFL coach cares about whats written about him on a forum than you are very very much off the mark , i can tell you that from a club level there is always constant two way converstaion between the player and the coach so without doubt the coach knows exactly what the player thinks about the way he is being played and the player knows exactly how the coach intends to play him .. What i posted is not derogatory at all , i didnt post a player thinks the coach is out of his depth i didnt post a player thinks the coach is a dumb as s**t ... no i posted a player isnt happy with how he is being played that is not derogatory at all and if a coach is really that thin skinned to but cut by that comment that is posted on an internet forum then they are in the wrong profession...
I am most certainly not ITK ... i get information from time to time , lots is not relavant to post some is said in confidence so i wont post but mostly it is generic stuff that is pretty much common knowledge anyway so ill post that to have a discussion on this forum
Trav , you need to slow down and read the post before going off half cocked again , i never at any stage said you posted a derogatory comment , i was saying that the info you posted ie Acres issues are coach related indirectly came from Blake that's unless you are making it up , therefore if the coach did see your remarks you really think he wouldnt give a s**t that one of his players was s**t canning him to his mates or family who then passed the info onto other people to post on line , im sure Richo wouldnt give a rats ass about what you or me wrote on here but but by you virtually saying the info came direct from Blake or a close source im sure he wouldnt be too excited by that.

over the 5 seasons each year he has gotten better and better as he is growing into a footballer , last year was the first and only year he had stagnated and that was purely due to injury , Pre-season last year Blake was smashing the PB's and to start the year he was fantastic ... his first 5 games for the year he was easily in the bests for us after thet he got injured and that pretty much robbed him of a solid season he was averaging 25 possesions a game to that point to say he is running out of chances when he has been on a steady up trend on just bout every statistical category is just false
You think? So if he had a poor year this year without injury you think he will be safe?

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Trav , you need to slow down and read the post before going off half cocked again , i never at any stage said you posted a derogatory comment , i was saying that the info you posted ie Acres issues are coach related indirectly came from Blake that's unless you are making it up , therefore if the coach did see your remarks you really think he wouldnt give a s**t that one of his players was s**t canning him to his mates or family who then passed the info onto other people to post on line , im sure Richo wouldnt give a rats ass about what you or me wrote on here but but by you virtually saying the info came direct from Blake or a close source im sure he wouldnt be too excited by that.
again though the comment is hes not happy how he is being played i dont think is a huge shock i mean more substantial items get aired by former players through the media then that so therefore have much much more credibility than me posting and is in a much more credible and accessible platform than what im posting in it would be a very long bow to suggest Richo would be even slightly interested in what i post regardless of who i have been talking to and to that point i reckon Richo would agree that blake hasnt been player in the way that best suits him for success but its the role we as a team need him to play in .. heck the players themselve air that type of comment when they talk about the desire to play more midfield minutes ... but in the end this is still miles off the initial issue i had with your post regarding the comment that both Billings and Acres need to grow the F-Up ...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
You think? So if he had a poor year this year without injury you think he will be safe?
but the point is he didnt have a poor year without injury his injury was 100% the thing to derail his year ... any player who has a poor year without having Injury as the cause is going to be under pressure that has nothing to do with him needing to grow the F-up , look at Mav he had a shocker year and he got delisted ... but all indicators were pointing to Blake having a very strong year last year until the injury cut him down ... even with that injury he still performed to a reasonably acceptable level

but the point is he didnt have a poor year without injury his injury was 100% the thing to derail his year ... any player who has a poor year without having Injury as the cause is going to be under pressure that has nothing to do with him needing to grow the F-up , look at Mav he had a shocker year and he got delisted ... but all indicators were pointing to Blake having a very strong year last year until the injury cut him down ... even with that injury he still performed to a reasonably acceptable level
Lets see how many times you can say F-up :rolleyes:

The biggest problem with Acres and Billings is that we desperately want them to be out and out stars!!!!!
Im not sure they have to be stars but if Billings can get his kicking going and Blake leans to play consistent footy most would be happy , the gaps between their good and bad is what drives most nuts i think

again though the comment is hes not happy how he is being played i dont think is a huge shock i mean more substantial items get aired by former players through the media then that so therefore have much much more credibility than me posting and is in a much more credible and accessible platform than what im posting in it would be a very long bow to suggest Richo would be even slightly interested in what i post regardless of who i have been talking to and to that point i reckon Richo would agree that blake hasnt been player in the way that best suits him for success but its the role we as a team need him to play in .. heck the players themselve air that type of comment when they talk about the desire to play more midfield minutes ... but in the end this is still miles off the initial issue i had with your post regarding the comment that both Billings and Acres need to grow the F-Up ...
Growing up ,,,, Mature , Responsible , Reliable , Dependable , Consistent just to name a few things associated with growing up , Not sure Blake ticks too many of those boxes yet , Lets hope he does soon
On the part of your posting , you feel free to post whatever you like , i just hope it doesn't come back to bite you one day

Im not sure they have to be stars but if Billings can get his kicking going and Blake leans to play consistent footy most would be happy , the gaps between their good and bad is what drives most nuts i think
Well, SOMEBODY has to be. With the exception of Steven, maybe Carlisle, and now Hanners, we have a whole lot of players that most people wouldn't recognise. I can already hear the "under the radar" argument, that most funs/pundits usually don't rate our players. But that wasn't the case in 2009: we don't have much in the way of star quality, of players that make people sit up and take notice the way that Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne used to do. Premiership teams need a fair few of those.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Perform or get out. No excuse for the likes of Acres and Billings if they stay injury free.
Perform of out you go.

Just like the coach

Well, SOMEBODY has to be. With the exception of Steven, maybe Carlisle, and now Hanners, we have a whole lot of players that most people wouldn't recognise. I can already hear the "under the radar" argument, that most funs/pundits usually don't rate our players. But that wasn't the case in 2009: we don't have much in the way of star quality, of players that make people sit up and take notice the way that Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Milne used to do. Premiership teams need a fair few of those.
I think Hunter and Coff come to mind who could be super players for us not to mention Gresh who already is a gun and Big Max down the track , Ps , Jake is not a star and never will be , very good player and thats it IMO

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Growing up ,,,, Mature , Responsible , Reliable , Dependable , Consistent just to name a few things associated with growing up , Not sure Blake ticks too many of those boxes yet , Lets hope he does soon
On the part of your posting , you feel free to post whatever you like , i just hope it doesn't come back to bite you one day
why would it .... no one gives a rats arse what get posted on here ... you need to understand we are footy nerds on here we waffle on bullshit consistantly with like 1% of whats said being really relavant to the club and its players ... we aint that important enough for it to bite us ... heck most people on here we wouldnt even know their real name ...

I think Hunter and Coff come to mind who could be super players for us not to mention Gresh who already is a gun and Big Max down the track , Ps , Jake is not a star and never will be , very good player and thats it IMO
And that just proves my point. So Jake isn't, okay. That leaves potential stars, which by definition means they're not now We need some of those to actually become that, including Gresh, Acres, Billings, etc... which is precisely the point of this current discussion.

Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
why would it .... no one gives a rats arse what get posted on here ... you need to understand we are footy nerds on here we waffle on bullshit consistantly with like 1% of whats said being really relavant to the club and its players ... we aint that important enough for it to bite us ... heck most people on here we wouldnt even know their real name ...
My name is real .

Trav , i do know that no one gives a s**t about what most people write on here but you need to understand that if you keep posting eveything as fact from the hoses mouth or very close to it and saying you were speaking with Blake ect its different to the normal bullshit thats posted on here and could lead to problems , you dont think it will so lets call it a day as we are never go to agree on this point

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Don't say that Trav, I thought we were important on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back