Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

I know a few here won't like it, but this is the biggest sporting event that Australia holds each year and it makes sense that SEN cover it.

Spot on. 4 majors in the world and we have one of them. If SEN did not cover it, may as well pack it in.

Pepsi, you're a tennis fan right? Is the Oz Open the players fave tournament? Every summer we hear from our own commentators etc say it is.

In the Thirds

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gossage was losing it with the texts , mostly negative towards the blonk.
I was listening to him interview Dan Christian a couple of days ago, every time he asked a question of Dan Christian, he would say Dan Christians name, WTF was he thinking, god it was annoying.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Spot on. 4 majors in the world and we have one of them. If SEN did not cover it, may as well pack it in.

Pepsi, you're a tennis fan right? Is the Oz Open the players fave tournament? Every summer we hear from our own commentators etc say it is.
Favourite tournament would be different for most of the players. The players are surveyed each year as to which tournaments have the best facilities, staffing, volunteers, fans, etc. The Australian Open has been rated near or at the top for most of those categories the past few years.

Favourite tournament would be different for most of the players. The players are surveyed each year as to which tournaments have the best facilities, staffing, volunteers, fans, etc. The Australian Open has been rated near or at the top for most of those categories the past few years.

Yeah i find it cringeworthy that our media tell us the players think ours is their favourite every year. But it probably happens at every slam.

Anyway, good thing is in terms of all of those criteria, we're in the top 4!

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
They're spending that money now. So it's relevant even now. I bet you just assumed the place was built for the 88 Aus Open, it's been like that since, and they get a few local builders for maintenance?

Halo effect.
No doubt the government pumps in millions to help run the Aus Open. It also runs for 19 days (including qualifying). I guess one thing that separates it from Albert park is that the facilities are mostly permanent and used throughout the year for concerts, events, sporting matches, shows, etc.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
No doubt the government pumps in millions to help run the Aus Open. It also runs for 19 days (including qualifying). I guess one thing that separates it from Albert park is that the facilities are mostly permanent and used throughout the year for concerts, events, sporting matches, shows, etc.
That's the trouble with the GP , it has to be put in and put out at the taxpayers expense .The tennis is more of an aussie thing than the Gp what ever someone says.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cornes show I like, no problem with him........and I think it's great SEN are going in to other places.....afterall, sport is not confined to just Vic.......particularly with AFL, good to hear what interstate teams are doing, interviews etc.

There is a big need to stop being so Viccentric.....all our sports teams are national, eg AFL, Rugby, Soccer. SEN are moving with the need to be national too.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Cornes show I like, no problem with him........and I think it's great SEN are going in to other places.....afterall, sport is not confined to just Vic.......particularly with AFL, good to hear what interstate teams are doing, interviews etc.

There is a big need to stop being so Viccentric.....all our sports teams are national, eg AFL, Rugby, Soccer. SEN are moving with the need to be national too.
That's fine , but surely someone in WA is better than Gossage.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
what's wrong with honey?

I wasnt a fan of his on Sport 927 when he was with kb. everything was collingwood
Gary honey the only human being in history who was just about equal to Andrew gaze for pure dumbness about everything.

He was dreadful!

Knew nothing. KB carried him. But made KB look like a guru.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gossage the Sausage has a pretty thick skin, I think you're right.

RoCo takes things too personally (look at some of his responses on Twitter) and couldn't resist the political angle. Never thought he and the "new SEN" were going to be a good fit.
Roco let’s himself down so badly with his thin skin.
He is a disgrace on Twitter how he reacts and name calls.
His Twitter ofcourse but it shows his character.

Yes we know you love the left, yes we know you hate the right, but it’s sports Rohan, it’s football and sport.

Sport not poilitics nonsense.

Back