Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I use this place the most, probably takes up too much of my time but hey it
s a good release.

I use FB and Insta a lot for work, either putting stuff up(pictures of specials, work info and stuff like that) or tracking what the competitors and other cafes around the world are doing. It's great for following food trends and getting ideas. Not as much for personal stuff.

Use Messenger a bit for group chats and twitter is just for following Chelsea stuff.

I use snapchat a bit too, but thats only to and from my daughters and it's just easy and more fun than texting. Seems like its more a teenagers platform

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I use FB a lot. But mainly it's browsing the feed, in a few groups. I get a lot of my news from FB too, I find it very useful in that sense. Messenger is great.

I'm a big Insta fan too. Snapchat is falling off the face of the earth.

I really should get Linked In.
You forgot that pointless crap whatsapp I see

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
You forgot that pointless crap whatsapp I see
Whatsapp is great. Very handy for speaking with people who are overseas.

I have a colleague in India at the moment and we only communicate via Whatsapp. Have another friend in Spain who I also talk to only over Whatsapp.

Not sure why you're so against it.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Whatsapp is great. Very handy for speaking with people who are overseas.

I have a colleague in India at the moment and we only communicate via Whatsapp. Have another friend in Spain who I also talk to only over Whatsapp.

Not sure why you're so against it.
FB calls are exactly the same. Just a double up of apps

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
What's app is owned by Facebook.
I don’t get the difference between messenger and whatsapp. Don’t think I’ve ever not been able to communicate with someone because I don’t have Whatsapp or Viber for that matter. Which is why I deleted both until Cruffy forced it on me again

I don’t get the difference between messenger and whatsapp. Don’t think I’ve ever not been able to communicate with someone because I don’t have Whatsapp or Viber for that matter. Which is why I deleted both until Cruffy forced it on me again
Not having to add people on FB?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
With normal mobile number, Skype and messenger I’ve never not been contactable or been able to reach someone before which for me makes adding another app pointless.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Some people would rather keep work and social completely separate.
So do I but they’ve got my mobile, work number, work IM which often has calls. Across 3 countries and about 5 companies never not got by without it until the wedding of all weddings lol

So do I but they’ve got my mobile, work number, work IM which often has calls. Across 3 countries and about 5 companies never not got by without it until the wedding of all weddings lol

Why do you need it for the wedding..?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
What I doubt that video will show, is the ritual phaajan.

The breaking of an elephant’s spirit at a young age in order to submit to humans. To then be used for various human usage, such as transport industry or widespread amongst the tourism industries.

Elephant riding, trekking, painting, kicking soccer balls. When their spirit is broken, they will submit to anything demanded of them out of fear of the bull hook.

Never ride an elephant in Thailand, Bali, Vietnam etc. Or pay to visit these so called wonders. Sadly I’ve made this mistake before I knew the truth, these industries are full of cruelty and exploitation.

Here is the phaajan.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
What I doubt that video will show, is the ritual phaajan.

The breaking of an elephant’s spirit at a young age in order to submit to humans. To then be used for various human usage, such as transport industry or widespread amongst the tourism industries.

Elephant riding, trekking, painting, kicking soccer balls. When their spirit is broken, they will submit to anything demanded of them out of fear of the bull hook.

Never ride an elephant in Thailand, Bali, Vietnam etc. Or pay to visit these so called wonders. Sadly I’ve made this mistake before I knew the truth, these industries are full of cruelty and exploitation.

Here is the phaajan.

Most entertainment involving animals have a heartbreaking story behind it. Tigers are drugged so they can be petted, dolphins and orcas are stolen from the wild to keep in tiny enclosures that drive them crazy, and circus animals are beaten until they submit.

One positive of social media is that it's been effective in bringing attention to and educating people on these practices.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Most entertainment involving animals have a heartbreaking story behind it. Tigers are drugged so they can be petted, dolphins and orcas are stolen from the wild to keep in tiny enclosures that drive them crazy, and circus animals are beaten until they submit.

One positive of social media is that it's been effective in bringing attention to and educating people on these practices.

Yes spot on. Very glad the awareness is growing and social media has been a huge driving factor in it becoming mainstream.

This is a good feature on these practices.

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/are-tourists-funding-animal-cruelty/7658698

Basically if you can ride it, you can hug it, you can have a selfie with it or if it is performing for you then it is very likely that that animal has suffered cruelty.

And another one:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016...rism-ventures-world-animal-protection/7140492

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back