Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Was there some sort of scandal leading up to Paul Kelly finishing up at the Swans? Was reading an old Wayne Carey thread and Kelly got eluded to as having a scandal... But I've never heard of anything.

Anyone know anything about it?

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
I literally can’t read the word China without hearing it in Trump’s voice

Chy na

Chy na

Chyna
I always hear it as Jy na

An interesting perspective you guys got there..

I can’t hear the word China without thinking of Andrew Robb and

Tra tor

Tra tor

As the Australian Minister of Trade he facilitates the sale of an Australian port to the Chinese, then retires from politics and takes a “$880,000 consultancy role” at Chinas Landbridge Group -owner of the Darwin Port lease-and linked to the Chinese Comunist Party ;)

At least Trumenstein is pretending to look after US borders
More than can be said for the likes of Australias Andrew Robb

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/06/chinese-sell-andrew-robb-banks-millions/

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder if that lease will come back to haunt us? Not forgetting they also have Port leases in Melbourne and Newcastle, amongst all the other property/assets they've purchased. China will be a big concern in coming years, its military already on high alert. We've been blinded by their money. Taking Tiger Mountain by strategy, stealth and patience?
As for Mr. Trumpet, it's beginning to unravel, 2019 is already closing in on him and his family.

Last edited:
Wonder if that lease will come back to haunt us? Not forgetting they also have Port leases in Melbourne and Newcastle, amongst all the other property/assets they've purchased. China will be a big concern in coming years, its military already on high alert. We've been blinded by their money. Taking Tiger Mountain by strategy, stealth and patience?
As for Mr. Trumpet, it's beginning to unravel, 2019 is already closing in on him and his family.

...and all the free hold titles we are selling them on vast tracts of arable land. As a people, we Aussies are pretty greedy and short-sighted in general.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
...and all the free hold titles we are selling them on vast tracts of arable land. As a people, we Aussies are pretty greedy and short-sighted in general.
Yes, we're a giant food bowl for them. We've been in a comfort zone for too long..the baby-boomers passing thru..
Compared to the Chinese expansion in Indian Ocean countries, Pacific, Micronesia, belt n' road etc, we've been so slack at involvement with our/neighbours security, unless it was oil and gas driven etc. With big brothers, the U.S and U.K in a muddle, we look positively piss weak by ourselves.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Yes, we're a giant food bowl for them. We've been in a comfort zone for too long..the baby-boomers passing thru..
Compared to the Chinese expansion in Indian Ocean countries, Pacific, Micronesia, belt n' road etc, we've been so slack at involvement with our/neighbours security, unless it was oil and gas driven etc. With big brothers, the U.S and U.K in a muddle, we look positively piss weak by ourselves.
As long as we are a sovereign country we are untouchable. Anyone that ****ed with us would cop the UK from the left and the US from the right. Even China as big as they are wouldn't bother.
They seem to like playing the long game and just buy us out one bit at a time.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Terrible, Mitchell is a gun player and will be missed. Hoping he recovers well.

To the several hawks supporters that I know in real life who took delight in NN doing his knee again, hopefully they learn humility from this.
The hawks don't convince me at all. They'll want wingard to get back to form quickly if they want to make the 8. There's still a lot of risk of their old guys like Roughead, Stratton and Burgoyne falling off a cliff too.

I think it would make for an exciting finals series if all of Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn missed the 8. They've been great sides but it's a long time since they've all missed finals.

If O'Meara and Scully don't get on the park (and that's a fair chance) then they are royally screwed for 2019. Cannot depend on Burgoyne either to cover the gaps and they traded away Burton. Wouldn't surprise me if they finish bottom 4, Tom Mitchell is that critical to their fortunes.

Terrible, Mitchell is a gun player and will be missed. Hoping he recovers well.

To the several hawks supporters that I know in real life who took delight in NN doing his knee again, hopefully they learn humility from this.
Anyone who takes delight in any player doing a knee should have their oxygen privileges revoked.

Disappointing news for Tom Mitchell. Breaking your leg after winning a Brownlow can really halt the momentum in a great career. Hope he is able to get back in good shape.

Can't help but wonder, however, if Sam Mitchell was running a training drill when it happened: showing the players how to "protect" themselves by raising their knee into an oncoming player.

Quoted just for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back