Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 7 - Trump takes full responsibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
But the obsession with racism is a very thin veil hiding a resentment and disgust with being itself.
To reduce people en masse to this narrow grotesqueness is an intolerable pathology

And based on what? A lazy irresponsible fat privileged pop culture

How do you get from this, to denying that racism exists in the United States?

No, I don't support a "wall", because there isn't a border crisis and the problems outlined by Trump - "drugs, weapons and bad hombres" - already exist inside the country or enter by airports. "The wall" is a racist dogwhistle that got him a lot of traction in the campaign and he has nothing else. It should be #564 on their list of priorities.

And the "great Obama"? When I have I called him great?

Do you think the US should put their skilled and unskilled workforce ahead of people from other countries? Did you call Obama, Clinton etc a racist when they supported a wall a few years ago? Did you see the recent caravan heading towards with an amazing sense of entitlement. I think when you've been around along enough you start to realize that those that shout "RACISM" the loudest and most often normally turn out to be racists themselves i.e. Obama.

BTW this appeared in my feeds, another Cortez classic. I especially liked her comment "I think that there's alot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually and semantically correct than about being morally right"....:drunk::drunk:..No doubting she's a far leftie - crazy like a fox.

You know the anti-Trumpers have lost their way when they criticize him for removing US troops out of a war zone. Was that their jumping the shark moment.

You know the anti-Trumpers have lost their way when they criticize him for removing US troops out of a war zone. Was that their jumping the shark moment.

I think you'll find the majority of the criticism was not so much that he had done it, but how he had done it. Not consulting with anyone/not taking interdepartmental advice, throwing US allies completely under the bus etc. He didnt even advise these people the announcement was coming (probably tweeted it before he told anyone).

This was bipartisan criticism too - Defense and State, Republicans and Democrats, were all dead against it (as was Trump himself not long ago re: Obama/Iraq: "I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. “He was the founder. The way he got out of Iraq — that was the founding of ISIS, OK?”)

Mind you, he's already back-peddling on it now anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The statement "racism doesn't exist in the United States" is not an argument.
He doesn't mean that it doesn't exist at all. Just that it doesn't to any significant degree. Which is correct. You are all deliberately misunderstanding him in order to feel victorious!

He doesn't mean that it doesn't exist at all. Just that it doesn't to any significant degree. Which is correct. You are all deliberately misunderstanding him in order to feel victorious!

Ahhh, are we saying "there's no racism to a significant degree" in the current US?

Just that it doesn't to any significant degree. !
Its an easy thing to say this when you aren't personally affected by racism. If you don't have first hand experience dealing with racism, your opinion on the degree to which it exists is meaningless. Minorities that experience racism on a regular basis are the best people to judge whether or not it exists, and the conclusion is that it does.

It would be like me saying that the word f***** isn't offensive because it doesn't upset me personally. The reality is that it is deeply upsetting to most members of the LGBTQ community. Straight men and women don't get to define what is and isn't homophobic.

'Honest'? He's lied more than anyone else in history.
'Sincere'? He's a sociopathy FFS
'Effective'? Yes he got a tax cut for the richest 1%, increased the national debt by over $2 trillion, got rid of the affordable health care & replaced it with nothing. Wow, he's good.

You are neglecting the context and the overarching details: the state of the Western World
China and India and Russia on the Rise - while the USA, EU, Britain are embroiled in internal squabbles and recriminations.

From the crazed antipathy towards Trump, Mueller's Mindless investigations, The irrelevance of the UN and other international agreements, All parts of the government undermining the president, the loss of prestige in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine. Whilst in Britain there is the Brexit impasse. In France the Yellow Vest Protests and across the rest of the continent resentments stew in Greece, Spain and Italy.

There are enough pathologies all around here and Trumps are but a drop in an Ocean of irresolvable muck.

Remove Trump and where do you think we go? Happy days?

The Global Capitalist Order Collapsed with the GFC and has been patched together with unsustainable financial shenanigans. This together with the monstrous wars and lies of consequence resulting in 4-6 million refugees and innumerable deaths, amputations and horrors can all be laid responsibly at the Western World. Trump by comparison is a marionet, too late to the wreck to salvage the ruins.

If we didn't know already after 9/11 and the Middle Eastern Wars, when USA Intelligence Community accredited the 2016 election result to Russian interference and when the chorus from the media supported the claim, the USA had effectively revealed to the world that its Empire was a empty hollow shell. It is in fact common knowledge that the USA and Washington has been pimped by Saudi Arabia and Israel for years.

Now, having been shown to be intellectually and militarily ineffective in both Iraq and Afghanistan it has been increasingly humiliated in Syria, the South China Sea, the Ukraine. It has been Humiliated by Snowden and Assange. In desperation it has lost all semblance of decency in the International arena and merely half heartedly persists with a Potemkin post modern charade of any decency.

The Western World has lost its compass and is quickly wasting the capital created by its more noble history. It is on borrowed time and amongst the citizenry there is a malevolent self hatred which cannot lead to anything. In this circumstance, the conniptions created by Trump are indeed the only available treatment that just might wake up a sufficient number to reverse trajectory in to hell.

Ever more advance technology being managed by an ever dumber and more ethically challenged culture is a recipe for certain disaster.

He said "Please point out any racism in the United States this century".
Allow me to elaborate
Back in the 19th Century - following Charles Darwin's evolutionary work - Frederick Nietzsche announced the Death of God
What Frederick meant was that Evolution made it impossible to continue to believe in the Anthropological God. And those who continued to practice their belief where merely acting out an empty ritual they could not really believe. Religion has since inexorably become a private matter empty of real agency even in the Crazy USA. The election of Trump by Evangelicals should be sufficient proof if any was needed.

Similarly, following the defeat of the NAZIs, modern science, contemporary education, the end of Apartheid, the prohibition of hate speech, etcetera - Racism is dead.
Those acting out or lashing out with old insults are merely acting out an empty dead ritual they themselves don't - simply cannot believe in. There are numerous other explanations for much of what is today attributed to racism and racism is not one of them.

Its an easy thing to say this when you aren't personally affected by racism. If you don't have first hand experience dealing with racism, your opinion on the degree to which it exists is meaningless. Minorities that experience racism on a regular basis are the best people to judge whether or not it exists, and the conclusion is that it does.

It would be like me saying that the word f***** isn't offensive because it doesn't upset me personally. The reality is that it is deeply upsetting to most members of the LGBTQ community. Straight men and women don't get to define what is and isn't homophobic.
There's no institutionalised racism left in the states, m8. There's the odd racist here or there, but racism is no longer socially acceptable and is simply no longer a significant issue. Ask minorities, just not the sooky, snowflakey ones, they will agree.
Veritas? Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Also notice the link you provided displays a number of Breitbart links. Well that convinces me.
The Veritas vid is literally video evidence that backs up my claim.

What do you believe then? Do you think that 0% of illegals vote? C'mon Mags, let's be real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back