Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't be truly serious with that backline? How could you possibly not have Williams and Smith? I know that rookies are only placeholders atm however when it comes time to actually put your rooks in you will probably find it too difficult to match your current ones at the prices you have allotted. Most of your rookies come the start of the season will be costing an extra $30K or more. eg - it would be silly not to start with Walsh. A ball magnet who will average in the 70-80 range at worst.
You have selected Scully in the middle. It is more than likely that he will not play at all this year. In fact, some say he will never play again. Better look again and replace him with Hanners who is another must-have at his price.
I agree with pups in that Gray is an awful pick. Spends far too much time as a deep forward.
I thought Scully was going to get up

If so he's still not right then yeah you can't go there, Hanners or Libba would be better as cheap midpricers in midfield

Seems to be a lot of midpricers currently, but injuries/durability dictate whether they get picked or not

Think there's less risk in loading up on them down back and up forward though as there's less competition in those positions to be top performers in their position (take Smith or McLean for example this year up forward, though they were more priced as underpriced premiums). Think the more underpriced/value premiums we can find then the better.

I thought Scully was going to get up

If so he's still not right then yeah you can't go there, Hanners or Libba would be better as cheap midpricers in midfield

Seems to be a lot of midpricers currently, but injuries/durability dictate whether they get picked or not

Think there's less risk in loading up on them down back and up forward though as there's less competition in those positions to be top performers in their position (take Smith or McLean for example this year up forward, though they were more priced as underpriced premiums). Think the more underpriced/value premiums we can find then the better.
I agree with your comments regarding mid pricers in back or forward lines although I think Hanners is too cheap to ignore as is Miles.
Although priced as mid I feel that Williams, Smith and Roberton could end up in the top 10 as defenders and hence will remain in my squad for the whole year. Priced as they are, I think they are all no-brainers.

I agree with your comments regarding mid pricers in back or forward lines although I think Hanners is too cheap to ignore as is Miles.
Although priced as mid I feel that Williams, Smith and Roberton could end up in the top 10 as defenders and hence will remain in my squad for the whole year. Priced as they are, I think they are all no-brainers.
Williams and Smith definitely

Roberton I'm not sure is viable with his heart issue, think guys like him, Birchall and Picken don't have a lot of footy left in them for one reason or another

Williams and Smith definitely

Roberton I'm not sure is viable with his heart issue, think guys like him, Birchall and Picken don't have a lot of footy left in them for one reason or another
A lot of clubs refused to draft Stephenson due to his suspect heart. Collingwood reaped the benefits.
I have no doubt Roberton will not play if there is ANY risk at all so if he does he will average way above his starting price.. Birchall and Picken may be past it.

Did you find some of the weirdest rookie names just for the lulz?

Schlensog, Red Og, Owies, Hore ;)

Anyways

Laird and Whitfield yes. Sicily upgrade for mine, too injury and suspension prone for that price, would rather just roll with Greene up forward instead who has the same traits at over 200k cheaper, at least if you need to trade Greene early it'll be easy to jump onto the best fast starting rookie/midpricer you don't have, while holding him might not be that hard also provided the situation.

Oliver and Scully yes, Treloar, Kelly and Cripps maybe. Rucks set and forget fair enough, Danger, Greene and Heeney yes, Gray is a no, supercoach only, burnt me after the byes last season after getting on him early and getting only one good month from him, then he got moved forward and scored 60s most weeks. Westhoff need to watch his role before committing as Lycett might move him around if Ryder stays fit, might be an upgrade target instead though as RUC/FWD coverage is crucial.

Hayes should be a solid rookie for us, would've thought he'd have MID/FWD DPP though

On players you don't have, I think there's significant value looking at Newman, Smith and KK who will all be high on my watchlist down back out of these midpricers.
Rookies simply placeholders. Just randomly chose prices. Upgrade Sicily? To whom? Simmo?

I’ve already got Greene. I think now Wingard has gone, Gray will return to the midfield which makes him a cheap pick. If he stays forward, then yes, he can’t stay.

You can't be truly serious with that backline? How could you possibly not have Williams and Smith? I know that rookies are only placeholders atm however when it comes time to actually put your rooks in you will probably find it too difficult to match your current ones at the prices you have allotted. Most of your rookies come the start of the season will be costing an extra $30K or more. eg - it would be silly not to start with Walsh. A ball magnet who will average in the 70-80 range at worst.
You have selected Scully in the middle. It is more than likely that he will not play at all this year. In fact, some say he will never play again. Better look again and replace him with Hanners who is another must-have at his price.
I agree with pups in that Gray is an awful pick. Spends far too much time as a deep forward.
TBH I only play DT to play in a single league with some very old friends who hate SC, couldn’t quite remember what starting prices are, will go back and set them up with 180k placeholders instead.

Brodie Smith? Is he a good DT option? Can he even stay on the park? You’re probably right with Scully. Too risky.

Rookies simply placeholders. Just randomly chose prices. Upgrade Sicily? To whom? Simmo?
Upgrade target I meant with Sicily

Him missing 2 of the first 6 weeks this year with suspension hurt my supercoach, his only saving grace this year was his DPP so I could hide him on a bench somewhere when he wasn't playing, but he ended up playing only 14 games. Feel you can only bring him in as a D6 once you've identified the other top defenders if Sis ends up being a top averaging defender also as he's close to max price currently and if he misses early games again then you'll be playing rookie lotto to replace him.
I’ve already got Greene. I think now Wingard has gone, Gray will return to the midfield which makes him a cheap pick. If he stays forward, then yes, he can’t stay.
Reckon Wingard going leaves Gray forward permanently to be honest. Young isn't there anymore either, so they don't have a lot of them smaller marking type forwards at the moment. Ebert and Wines can't play forward, SPP might be able to but yet to see him in that half half role as yet.

Only Port player I'd consider to start with is Rocky, if he ever stays fit. Think he might do more lifting in midfield now for them. He might rest forward to allow Gray to have a stint in midfield, but can't see it happening too often, reckon he only did this year because he was underdone.

The Greene comment was in regards to Sicily

Both are very injury and suspension prone, though their scoring potential is good too when they play

I'd be picking Greene though (same risks) as he's like 250k cheaper, feel the reward over risk is solid here as he'll make money if he plays 3+ games and could end up being a keeper, whereas Sicily is a potential burnt trade early on.
TBH I only play DT to play in a single league with some very old friends who hate SC, couldn’t quite remember what starting prices are, will go back and set them up with 180k placeholders instead.

Brodie Smith? Is he a good DT option? Can he even stay on the park? You’re probably right with Scully. Too risky.
Smith is a regular 80-85 avg type but at 388k (basically 275-325k range in SC due to inflation) he's worth it I feel
Dayne Beams is an interesting DT option. Won’t get the attention he used to get at Bris. Also Josh Kennedy (WCE).
I rarely start with Collingwood mids these days, so many of them. Upgrade targets for best performing ones. One year it's Pendles, next it's Treloar, next it's Sidebottom, next it's Adams, now Beams is back in the mix too. Too hard to pick who it'll be at season start.

Feel Lachie Neale will be decent at Brisbane though as Beams' replacement as Zorko will cop the tag again. He only went under 80 twice this year even though he only averaged 99-100, set and forget consistent M7-8 type. High handball ratio his only negative to his scoring game. Other Brisbane types I'd consider are obviously Witherden who everyone knows about and McCluggage who could be a Toby McLean type of breakout pick.

Is Kennedy under 400k? Could be worth it if he is, though durability is sometimes an issue for him. Tom Lynch (Adelaide) could be a good 10-15 points better next year also, he averaged in that 87-90 range for a couple of years before having an injury riddled year this year and dropped back to a high 70s average (Devon Smith had a similar injury related fall in output at his last year at GWS). Full preseason for him and he could be back to his best, decent POD factor about him in DT.

Upgrade target I meant with Sicily

Him missing 2 of the first 6 weeks this year with suspension hurt my supercoach, his only saving grace this year was his DPP so I could hide him on a bench somewhere when he wasn't playing, but he ended up playing only 14 games. Feel you can only bring him in as a D6 once you've identified the other top defenders if Sis ends up being a top averaging defender also as he's close to max price currently and if he misses early games again then you'll be playing rookie lotto to replace him.

Reckon Wingard going leaves Gray forward permanently to be honest. Young isn't there anymore either, so they don't have a lot of them smaller marking type forwards at the moment. Ebert and Wines can't play forward, SPP might be able to but yet to see him in that half half role as yet.

Only Port player I'd consider to start with is Rocky, if he ever stays fit. Think he might do more lifting in midfield now for them. He might rest forward to allow Gray to have a stint in midfield, but can't see it happening too often, reckon he only did this year because he was underdone.

The Greene comment was in regards to Sicily

Both are very injury and suspension prone, though their scoring potential is good too when they play

I'd be picking Greene though (same risks) as he's like 250k cheaper, feel the reward over risk is solid here as he'll make money if he plays 3+ games and could end up being a keeper, whereas Sicily is a potential burnt trade early on.

Smith is a regular 80-85 avg type but at 388k (basically 275-325k range in SC due to inflation) he's worth it I feel

I rarely start with Collingwood mids these days, so many of them. Upgrade targets for best performing ones. One year it's Pendles, next it's Treloar, next it's Sidebottom, next it's Adams, now Beams is back in the mix too. Too hard to pick who it'll be at season start.

Feel Lachie Neale will be decent at Brisbane though as Beams' replacement as Zorko will cop the tag again. He only went under 80 twice this year even though he only averaged 99-100, set and forget consistent M7-8 type. High handball ratio his only negative to his scoring game. Other Brisbane types I'd consider are obviously Witherden who everyone knows about and McCluggage who could be a Toby McLean type of breakout pick.

Is Kennedy under 400k? Could be worth it if he is, though durability is sometimes an issue for him. Tom Lynch (Adelaide) could be a good 10-15 points better next year also, he averaged in that 87-90 range for a couple of years before having an injury riddled year this year and dropped back to a high 70s average (Devon Smith had a similar injury related fall in output at his last year at GWS). Full preseason for him and he could be back to his best, decent POD factor about him in DT.
Kennedy's priced at $466K.

I don't see Kennedy as a likely starter at all. Greene is the only forward I'm considering in that price range.
I'm backing Worpel at $488k...I think (and hoping) he will get a good run this year and should easily be best 22. Liked how he closed out the year.

I'm backing Worpel at $488k...I think (and hoping) he will get a good run this year and should easily be best 22. Liked how he closed out the year.
At that price he needs to be a lot better than just best 22. He needs to make bulk cash, in the realms of 250-300K, or be a genuine keeper for the season, neither of which I think he is capable of. Don't go getting seduced by players just because they play for the team you support.

At that price he needs to be a lot better than just best 22. He needs to make bulk cash, in the realms of 250-300K, or be a genuine keeper for the season, neither of which I think he is capable of. Don't go getting seduced by players just because they play for the team you support.
Completely agree. If you are just looking at best 22 as a saving grace, you would want the player to be priced @ $250K or less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't go getting seduced by players just because they play for the team you support.
Fair enough but he’s the only Hawks player I actually have in my team. I’m still backing him in & his DPP suits my structure

As much as I like to find value in my selections, I am somewhat concerned that I have gone overboard with midprice madness. Currently have in the bracket of $300K - $500K the following:
KK, Williams, Roberton, Smith, Hanley, Hall, Hannebery, Lynch, Greene and Kent. I could even add Miles to the list.
I am now coming to the realisation that it is simply too many.

With Titch now out for the season, it will make things very interesting...at least everyone won't have the same captain every week... wide open for who will be the #1 player.. my top 3 predictions are:
1) Macrae
2) Zerrett
3) Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back