Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a fantastic 2018 season.

For Completeness:
  • Ranked 2nd in Total Clangers
  • Ranked 4th in Clangers per Game
  • Ranked 22nd in Total Turnovers

If Adams plays consistently like he did in the finals and brings it to the home and away he will be AA for sure.

For Completeness:
  • Ranked 2nd in Total Clangers behind Yeo with Martin, Mitchell, Oliver, Cripps, Selwood, Cunnington, and Zorko the mids rounding out the top 10. Grundy, Siddebottom, Coniglio, Kelly, Brayshaw, Petracca, Parker, GAJr, Shiel, Kennedy others who feature prominently.
  • Ranked 4th in Clangers per Game behind Fyfe, & Yeo, with Martin, Cripps, Sam PP & GAJr rounding out the top ten. Cunnington, Zorko, Mitchell, Dangerfield, Selwood, Oliver others who feature prominently.
  • Ranked 22nd in Total Turnovers with mids like Mitchell, Phillips, Martin, Kelly, Lloyd, Brayshaw, Gibbs, Beams, Sidebottom Dangerfield, Heppell, GAJr, Jones, & Toranto all ahead of him, marginally ahead of Stevens, Pendles, Oliver, Shiel, Smith, Selwood, Cripps.

For completeness. Keeping pretty exulted company.

Last edited:

For completeness. Keeping pretty exulted company.
Yes context is always vital in these things.

If Adams is sitting with those players well....

But context will never satisfy those who just see a narrow view.

I don’t think it’s fair to look at isolated incidents when discussing the game as a whole.
Adams was one of our best on grand final day and he should be proud of that.
I’m confident he will be doing everything possible to improve his own game in 2019, and to motivate his team mates.

Fair Enough and By Same thing people should stop Complaining about the Free Kick Maynard should of got late in the Game where Sheed kicked the Winner. We should not of let it get that close in the 1st Place

Fair Enough and By Same thing people should stop Complaining about the Free Kick Maynard should of got late in the Game where Sheed kicked the Winner. We should not of let it get that close in the 1st Place
I have a different view TD, I think we were lucky to be that close.

Very true

I have a different view TD, I think we were lucky to be that close.

I say both have some Merit to it but we started really well and we should not let them get back in the Game.

Could also saying the VFL Team not getting past the 1st Week of Finals also cost us as we could not test out Moore in a Game and Moore could made a difference

Yes context is always vital in these things.

If Adams is sitting with those players well....

But context will never satisfy those who just see a narrow view.

Exactly my friend. Spot on.

Hell of an input, haven't heard that phrase multiple times a week since September.

jimmy35 has probably sat through a few too many heartbreaking losses as have many of us here. For me 1977 draw then loss, 1979,1981,2002 & now 2018. All close GF losses or draws in my time. Not a single close GF in my lifetime have we manged to get over the line.
Then we had the draw in 2010 as well.
No need to use sarcasm to whack him. All it does is create angst on the board. There is enough of that already.
How old are you & how many GF losses have you endured?

jimmy35 has probably sat through a few too many heartbreaking losses as have many of us here. For me 1977 draw then loss, 1979,1981,2002 & now 2018. All close GF losses or draws in my time. Not a single close GF in my lifetime have we manged to get over the line.
No need to use sarcasm to whack him. All it does is create angst on the board. There is enough of that already.

I'm almost 25, so 4.

Regardless of how old anyone is or how many GF losses they've seen, making a remark about a missed opportunity out of the blue in a thread specifically about Taylor Adams seems a little redundant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah way too many mate, generally slides off but some stick around. 2018 is a sticker unfortunately, 1979,1981 and 2002 rank high as well.

I'm almost 25, so 4.

Regardless of how old anyone is or how many GF losses they've seen, making a remark about a missed opportunity out of the blue in a thread specifically about Taylor Adams seems a little redundant.

Was the last remark in a string of ‘what might have been’ moments from last years GF actually. Off topic for sure but so was your reply :)

80 was hard too because you knew how it would end,fantastic job to even reach the gf but we spend all our bicci,s getting there and 4 in 5 yrs gut wrenching and pragmatic like most of us here has had more than his share of heartbreak in his time.

I look forward to this coming season as much as at any time over the last 10 seasons just hoping we are thereabouts.

80 was hard too because you knew how it would end,fantastic job to even reach the gf but we spend all our bicci,s getting there and 4 in 5 yrs gut wrenching and pragmatic like most of us here has had more than his share of heartbreak in his time.

I look forward to this coming season as much as at any time over the last 10 seasons just hoping we are thereabouts.

'80 was my 1st and last Collingwood GF, I take full responsibility for the outcome... :sick::'(

Best ever? Maxwell was the best choice at the time but a long, long way from the best captian ever.

Maxwell's clangers were not in the same league as Adams'. Maxwell wasn't the tidiest but how often did Maxwell kick a daisy cutter to the opposition at half back and cost a goal - let alone an absolutely crucial one in a GF?

It isn't just Adams' kicking quality but his repeated poor decision making and refusal to kick within his limitations. Maxwell and Tony Shaw on the hand were smarter footballers and played accordingly.

Maxwell often cost goals from blind bombing the ball and having the opposition rebound off *their* HBF, with our team often out of position to defend it. In terms of footy smarts with the ball Maxwell fell down, without the ball however he was very good usually with player positioning and peeling etc.

Adams can also hit those targets his main issue is always trying to kick the leather off it, which is what causes his inconsistency. Some of his turnovers are short passes (like tony Shaw who had no depth to his kicking) that he puts too much heat on, needs to learn to weight the ball both long and short distances instead of stab passing every option.

Also think over all he improved somewhat in his kicking through 2018.

What do you think of Treloars kicking? when he plays a full season he is usually neck and neck with those stats with Adams.
Both poor kicks for the otherwise outstanding football ability they possess.
This is essentially our limitation. Lack of top end footskills and below too many of our better players are not good users. We have exited a few but there is plenty of scope for improvement.

Adams is probably our 5th best midfielder, certainly not an elite player and never will be.

His stats tell a different story. Elite, as I understand it, is top 5%, and he's in the top 40 league wide for many of the measures quoted earlier in the thread.

Not sure how you come up with your "5th best midfielder" either, pretty subjective. Adams is in the top 1/2 dozen clearance mids league-wide. Who was a better inside mid for us in 2018?

Adams is probably our 5th best midfielder, certainly not an elite player and never will be.
He was generally considered our best player in the GF and had an excellent final's series. To suggest he is our fifth best midfielder is ignoring both statistics and facts. You are a very harsh judge of his worth as a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back