Preview Tom Mitchell out for 2019 with broken leg

Remove this Banner Ad

How will the Hawks and Clarkson react?

One soldier goes down another comes in to replace him!!

That is the Hawks unofficial motto. It won them several flags.

Bad news for Tom but that is the industry. He will be back and as Naitanui has said on several occasions their are real people in the world with real problems, missing a year of footy is not the end of the world by a long way.

He accumulates the ball better than any player we have ever seen, broke most disposals in a season and game record. Sad too see not see another year of him in his prime

Does anyone know how it happened, if he's broken the tibia and fibia it's akin to a car accident type injury.He might be out til round 8 2020 if I'm reading things right.
Tackling drills i think i read somewhere...

If thats right... he may have had someone fall across his leg in a tackling attempt?..

Just a guess though..

Get your bets on now for Matt Crouch to get the most touches in the season.
I hope brad crouch gets more touches than his brother!.. a few more 80 plus possession games from the two crouch bro’s, like that 2017 west coast game, would make me very happy!

We missed brad dearly for the entire 2018 season.

Season ending OP, knee injuries and broken legs are faaarked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He accumulates the ball better than any player we have ever seen, broke most disposals in a season and game record. Sad too see not see another year of him in his prime
If Greg Williams played in this era of non- accountability he would have averaged 55 possessions a week. All more damaging.

Best of luck to Tom for a quick recovery

Interesting that when he plays he is a crab who does nothing, but now hes injured our season is over.

Dont ever change Big Footy !
Destroyed us last year and was the difference between the two sides.
Terrible news and I just can’t see the Hawks playing finals now

The guy gets a hard tag every second week. Just out-works his opponent on the spread and out-muscles his opponent in close
You’re joking right? Hard tag every second week? Soft tag every 10th quarter. Diesel dealt with a “hard tag” every game he played. Even the umpires liked to get inside his personal space 😉
Again, I wish Tom a speedy recovery.

If Greg Williams played in this era of non- accountability he would have averaged 55 possessions a week. All more damaging.

Best of luck to Tom for a quick recovery
If you think that this era is one of “non-accountable” football you know absolutely zilch about the game.

Spewing for Mitchell, the Hawks and the comp. How dynamic would they have been with their new recruits and the reigning Brownlow Medallist running amok in midfield. The Hawks will stand up regardless and now we'll see an unexpected player make a name for himself now that Mitchell is injured.

Hawks will still be dangerous.

Awful news for Tom. Fingers crossed he can get back to 100%.

If there were a silver lining for the Hawks though, they have maybe 12months to reduce this midfield reliance they have on Titch and now have the opportunity for a couple of their young up and coming midfielders to really make a name for themselves and hopefully (for Hawthorns sake) get them deeper through the middle for when Mitchell comes back which could make them stronger in the long run.

Big years coming up for Shiels and JOM (and Wingard?) to stand up as THE guy in the middle now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back