News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions are my team, but I also have a soft spot for Fremantle and watch most of their games. Neale is a great pick up - made the wider All-Australian squad of 40 a few times, a great competitor, and was in Freo's leadership group. He's also an absolute professional and will help mentor our young mids. Beams is a champion player, but Neale is not far off him...and four years younger.

The Lions are my team, but I also have a soft spot for Fremantle and watch most of their games. Neale is a great pick up - made the wider All-Australian squad of 40 a few times, a great competitor, and was in Freo's leadership group. He's also an absolute professional and will help mentor our young mids. Beams is a champion player, but Neale is not far off him...and four years younger.
Welcome! Also, definitely agree. I think some were reticent when he first started showing interest because he isn't 'flashy', but the dude will genuinely generate a whole heap of play.

Freo would have been better off keeping five and drafting Rozee.
We needed a quality tall forward, Hogan is well worth pick 6 IMO

Its a win-win trade, interesting how many over here were doubting Lachie tho, he's been showing this form for the past 3 seasons, he broke the disposal record for the AFL in 2016 and got no hype for it (Robbed for AA btw), Tom Mitchell does it a year later and he's the second coming of Christ.
You'll find this form is no surprise to any Fremantle supporters, the bloke has always been an out and out gun, way better then Beams.

Its a win-win trade, interesting how many over here were doubting Lachie tho, he's been showing this form for the past 3 seasons, he broke the disposal record for the AFL in 2016 and got no hype for it (Robbed for AA btw), Tom Mitchell does it a year later and he's the second coming of Christ.
You'll find this form is no surprise to any Fremantle supporters, the bloke has always been an out and out gun, way better then Beams.
I remember watching Neale in one of his 1st preseason games when he was drafted and thought he had something extra going for him Kept an eye on him thereafter and was over the moon when he said he wanted to come to the Lions. He is a ripper.

We REAMED Freo.

Neale the best player in the comp atm behind perhaps only Dangerfield.

Thanks Bell
I hadn't really taken much notice of Neale until this year because I refused to watch Fremantle games. He flies under the radar because most of his work is done in tight but he's a legitimate star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a win-win trade

I agree, it seems like a great example of a win-win trade. Although is your forward line now too tall since Lobb and McCarthy and Taberner are all playing well? Hopefully Hogan stays healthy and starts booting them through for you.

It’s at the point now that if Noble came out and said “we’re trading two first rounders for Billy Longer” you’d almost just say “yeah, alright then” and bet on Longer for the Coleman. Every plan is so perfectly calculated, and seems to pay off beautifully.

It’s at the point now that if Noble came out and said “we’re trading two first rounders for Billy Longer” you’d almost just say “yeah, alright then” and bet on Longer for the Coleman. Every plan is so perfectly calculated, and seems to pay off beautifully.

I'd be thinking Noble needs to get back on the meds:moustache:

Trading out our first rounder next year for 2 early seconds and a third still seems a bit rough but this trade looks a ripper.

Picking up an elite footballer at his prime is just an opportunity you can’t pass up. Could end up our best footballer since the early 2000s

Trading out our first rounder next year for 2 early seconds and a third still seems a bit rough but this trade looks a ripper.

Picking up an elite footballer at his prime is just an opportunity you can’t pass up. Could end up our best footballer since the early 2000s

The Mayes trade helps make this more palatable imo - got a second for trading down from 5 to 6 and Mayes. Can’t remember which player it ended up being (maybe Joyce?).

It’s a bit more complicated than this but 2 1sts and Mayes for Neale and 3 seconds is a pretty great wholistic piece of business.

The Mayes trade helps make this more palatable imo - got a second for trading down from 5 to 6 and Mayes. Can’t remember which player it ended up being (maybe Joyce?).

It’s a bit more complicated than this but 2 1sts and Mayes for Neale and 3 seconds is a pretty great wholistic piece of business.

Also - if our first ends up being around 10-12 and we’ve just downgraded it 10 spots or so to GC’s second we are really laughing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back