Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Stretch is a decent contested ball winner, he’s harder than he looks. Main issue with him is that he shits himself after he has won the hard ball

Disagree, he's the lady bloke on the list id want trying to win a contested footy and is say he has more composure than Brayshaw. Stretch is very similar to Spargo in that they are both good at using the radar to find a kick 20-30m away.
Stretch plays a bit too inside sometimes. Agree we need guys who actually make space, not having four guys hunt the ball.

Yeah we badly need more blokes who read we are going to win it and start taking off into space. Aaron Hall was the one this off-season.

He’s a beautiful kick, but just gets lazy and hasn’t learned to adjust to the pace of senior footy. I’m not terribly worried
Sometimes i feel he tries to be to cute on his opposite foot

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s a beautiful kick, but just gets lazy and hasn’t learned to adjust to the pace of senior footy. I’m not terribly worried

He's not a beautiful kick, people associate distance with skill but he is an average inconstent AFL kick.
Sometimes i feel he tries to be to cute on his opposite foot

Uses it way too often, he's not as good on it as he would like to think just very confident using it.

Is this a troll or legit, because he genuinely needs to if he wants to become a top 10 mid in the comp.
legit.

He bombs the ball too much for my liking. He needs to clean up his kicking inside 50 and he will be elite

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's not a beautiful kick, people associate distance with skill but he is an average inconstent AFL kick.

Uses it way too often, he's not as good on it as he would like to think just very confident using it.

Disagree on both points, he's a really good kick - I think he needs to sharpen up his decisions and the risks he takes.

Him using his left is a massive strength around the clearances, potentially using his left when he has time and space is a bit much..

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Disagree on both points, he's a really good kick - I think he needs to sharpen up his decisions and the risks he takes.

Him using his left is a massive strength around the clearances, potentially using his left when he has time and space is a bit much..

I never said I had an issue with him using it in traffic, it's a massive advantage when you can turn both directions. My problem is when he's on the wing going forward and he kicks long off his left when he has ample time to straighten and use his right. Too Hollywood.

I wouldn't consider him a really good kick.

There's blokes like Watts and Melksham on one level who are elite.
Then blokes like Oliver/Hibberd/Salem etc who have good vision with their kicks
Then blokes like Brayshaw, who I wouldn't say is any better than the average AFL midfielder.

Say it quietly...

He should be favourite for Charlie.
Needs slightly bigger ball winning numbers. Not because it'll actually make him a better player, but he's going to have Viney stealing votes off him this year as well as Oliver and Gawn and he'll need to stand out more. Hopefully Petracca and Harmes too. Gone are the days where you can average under 30 touches and win the Brownlow sadly.

Needs slightly bigger ball winning numbers. Not because it'll actually make him a better player, but he's going to have Viney stealing votes off him this year as well as Oliver and Gawn and he'll need to stand out more. Hopefully Petracca and Harmes too. Gone are the days where you can average under 30 touches and win the Brownlow sadly.
Only 2 of the last 5 have cracked 30 average - yes Dusty was 29.8 though

He should refuse to attend after last year's snub. Then have jack fitzpatric collect the charlie and make a racially charged speech.

"I just want to thank the boys, all my coaches, and my beautiful girlfriend. I will now read a passage from Freidrich Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra"

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Say it quietly...

He should be favourite for Charlie.

Bizarre if he is. Umpires showed him a lot of love last year, more than he deserved IMO.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Bizarre if he is. Umpires showed him a lot of love last year, more than he deserved IMO.
That is the Brownlow though - the umpires showing more love than strictly deserved award.

My money is still firmly on Oliver for MFC highest Brownlow finish for 2019. They underrated him this year but it’s only a matter of time before everyone in the world understands that he is the greatest living human.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Anyone else love the brayshaw brothers biff when freo played Melbourne in Darwin im hoping for something more over the top and comical than in 2018.

Was pretty piss weak compared to how blokes used to rough house each other. Michael Voss used to actually try and kill Brett back in the day

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Anyone else love the brayshaw brothers biff when freo played Melbourne in Darwin im hoping for something more over the top and comical than in 2018.
Topkent wants players to belt each other - someone call the media! ;)

But yeah, a healthy amount of family competition going on there, should be a bit of fun to watch for the next few years ... until Andrew comes back to Melbourne to play with his brother that is :devil:

Back