Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as it's super clean, and not compound, or impacted, best case scenario for a horror injury.

Damn, this really puts a dampener on season 2019. Not a great start to the year.

But who knows how it ends up. It's easy to ponder impending doom on the field, but if we can find a player that goes at 70 per cent his output, and get a lift from everyone else in the midfield, things can still work.

We'd be better with him, but you never know. Football can be a funny game sometimes.

Makdissi is saying it's clean.

I'm not sure what that means re recovery, but he sounded positive.

Truly awful news.

I will say though, as good as he is, he is not the team and we can roll on. We saw what relying on Buddy too much did, silver lining is that our midfield develops without him.

It's just s**t though.

Truly awful news.

I will say though, as good as he is, he is not the team and we can roll on. We saw what relying on Buddy too much did, silver lining is that our midfield develops without him.

It's just s**t though.

100% the only silver lining is we were a slim chance to win the 2019 premiership,

It really gives howe,worpel,morrison exposure and hopefully benefits us in a 2020 premiership run.
I just hope the decline is not to much,
he the best one on one inside player I've seen. But you can replace a inside mid unlike a key position.

It changes my view slightly on the captaincy to much pressure will now fall on shiels and jaeger to cover his inside presence and direct the young fellas.

Last edited:

Devastated for Tom - here’s hoping it is indeed a clean break and he recovers fully. Realistically our chance of winning the flag this year is gone.

I really hope that the club bites the bullit and to keeps developing our youth in not only the midfield but other positions as well. Get games into Scrimshaw (Birchall is finished unfortunately) Mitch Lewis up front, blood Kositski, give Harry Jones and good run in the midfield. Not fussed where we finish as I would really love Noah Anderson - this kid is an absolute gun

Can anyone give me an indication of what a clean break means for recovery vs. a compound/impacted? What was Fyfe or Stringer?

I also can't find any information on how it happened, i.e. in contact, marking, dancing etc. any ideas?
Clean break means there’s little complications. Bones just need to heal and he needs to rehab over time, in short.

Compound fractures or unclean breaks could lead to nerve and ligament damage, causing all sorts of issues and possible surgeries to correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mitchell has 10 weeks to get fit😁
Don’t laugh cause I wouldn’t be surprised one little bit if this hasn’t already ran through Clarko and Sammy’s mind. We did it in 2008 with Dew. Yeah I know he was used in an impact role but what’s to say the he can’t be used the same way.

Devastated for Tom - here’s hoping it is indeed a clean break and he recovers fully. Realistically our chance of winning the flag this year is gone.

I really hope that the club bites the bullit and to keeps developing our youth in not only the midfield but other positions as well. Get games into Scrimshaw (Birchall is finished unfortunately) Mitch Lewis up front, blood Kositski, give Harry Jones and good run in the midfield. Not fussed where we finish as I would really love Noah Anderson - this kid is an absolute gun
And he’s technically 93% ours anyways 😂

Reported that HFC doctors have confirmed that the two breaks are clean with no other injuries (to tendons/joints I assume) and that Tom will just be waiting/recovering for the bones to heel.

Scully as we knew him will never come back again....he’s ankle is pretty much cooked and even if he gets pain free he’ll never run on it like he used to,which was pretty much his strength. He’s also 28 in May and with his injury he won’t make it to 30
You don’t actually know any of that to be true, so with respect, * off.

Scully as we knew him will never come back again....he’s ankle is pretty much cooked and even if he gets pain free he’ll never run on it like he used to,which was pretty much his strength. He’s also 28 in May and with his injury he won’t make it to 30

Are you our club doc, or Nostradamus or something. Righto.

Some punter on the news said he saw him do it. Just changed direction and they broke. Can anyone confirm?
I’m not really buying it.

Everyone else that was there at the time said they didn’t see what happened, but that it was in a tackling drill(we were all chatting at the time).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back