Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I’m not really buying it.

Everyone else that was there at the time said they didn’t see what happened, but that it was in a tackling drill(we were all chatting at the time).
If it is true that it happened like this guy said then maybe it there was a slight fracture in either his tib or fib beforehand. One thing I do know is that I ain’t ever going on a salmon diet.

If it is true that it happened like this guy said then maybe it there was a slight fracture in either his tib or fib beforehand. One thing I do know is that I ain’t ever going on a salmon diet.
I just realized my post said “wasn’t”. I’ve edited.

I highly doubt Tom breaks both bones in his leg just changing direction, I’m not a Doctor but I would suggest the ankle or knee gives way before both bones just snap.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just realized my post said “wasn’t”. I’ve edited.

I highly doubt Tom breaks both bones in his leg just changing direction, I’m not a Doctor but I would suggest the ankle or knee gives way before both bones just snap.
If he had stress fractures from over working then it's quite possible a simple directional change could lead to break.

If he had stress fractures from over working then it's quite possible a simple directional change could lead to break.
Chances of him having two stress fractures in his legs and being out there training ??

I’ll give it a zero chance.

Poor Tom - shattered for him.

While it’s a massive irreplaceable loss, it’s not the end of the world, the “experts” had written us off as bottom 4 anyway. The expectation from those close to the club was that this was just going to be another year of the rebuild and now an opportunity has risen for a young bloke to put his hand up and be bold enough to make the most of the opportunity with support on the sidelines from both Mitchell’s.

All the best with recovery Tom - see you next year.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chances of him having two stress fractures in his legs and being out there training ??

I’ll give it a zero chance.
Very slim but a stress factracture doesn't mean Tom would of been in considerable pain, might of just an annoyance but that would of meant Tom with holding information from the doctors. I imagine the break would be similar to Wallis in late 2016, happens all the time in soccer.

Very slim but a stress factracture doesn't mean Tom would of been in considerable pain, might of just an annoyance but that would of meant Tom with holding information from the doctors. I imagine the break would be similar to Wallis in late 2016, happens all the time in soccer.
Right so now our doctors are liars and Tom is as well and kept information from them and broke his leg because of it.

So you don't believe it's a clean break but you do believe some random caller on SEN that it just snapped when he out weight on it

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Right so now our doctors are liars and Tom is as well and kept information from them and broke his leg because of it.

So you don't believe it's a clean break but you do believe some random caller on SEN that it just snapped when he out weight on it
Point where I said Tom kept information, please go right head and show me where?? I said why it's possible a change of direction can lead to break which I also said is unlikely to be the case.

Yes our doctors have and do lie, that's their prerogative to release information as they see fit, you live in fantasy land if you think every bit of information from the club is 100% factual.

Trent Croad wasn’t even changing direction in the 2008 GF. His ankle just snapped.
He broke his foot and he went into that game carrying the risk

Back