The top 5 break out players of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Kennedy (Carlton)
Petracca will take a huge step forward
Vic media will wake up to how good Cam Raynor is

I reckon the Vic media have been pretty glowing in their praises fro Raynor already

From the Tigers I'd reckon Dan Rioli could breakout from quality small forward to star mid/forward. Whether that's a breakout I don't know. Also Higgins looks great in the preseason and could step up to genuine quality AFL in 2019.
Dan Rioli already has a decent enough reputation, so I guess it depends on whether you would class going from Good to Great/Outstanding as a "break out". As a good example, would you consider Macrae's 2018 a break out? Because he was a good / very good player prior to this year, but became elite in 2018.

Butler is one from your club I'd be picking for improvement this year, but again I'm not sure whether it'd be a breakout since he's already a decent player

Ditto on Kennedy - you don't lose talent, especially when you're a committed type who wins your own ball.

I imagine Raynor will become what Jake Stringer thinks he is. I expect him to build his tank over coming pre-seasons but he has everything else already, very strong lad who will only get harder to tackle with time.

Think Cam will develop into a Dustin Martin type. Dangerous through the mid field and up forward. Kid is a beast already

Yes this is a good joke because he already broke out with a 65 goal AA year, something captain s**t truck has never managed. You make good jokes. Lol.
Yeah i reckon trolling Danniher at this point in time is just injury trolling. A good player but has been restricted by injuries past two years. Bad form. As a blues supporter, i'm happy not to see Danniher out there, but not happy for the circumstances of him not being out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So despite Cripps and Curnow being obvious guns (and not even just those two, they're just the standouts), we are just going to ignore evidence that disproves your statement

Curnow is talent, a gun NO.
NO yet, needs a break out season not a game here & there, admitting that its tough playing at Carlton over recent years.

Carlton conceeded the highest score of the year last season against a side decimated by injury that never got close to playing finals.

Carlton have had so my first round draft picks over the last ten years and still can't get off the bottom.

Facts support me.

You are supported by personal stupidity and that’s not a credible basis for your opinion.

Some of these nominations are very young, including quite a few draftees (not sure how they could break out in their first year).

I'd be looking more at some of the 2014-15 draftees. Francis and Taranto are good nominations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back