Slow Summer

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Speaking of train travel I wish they still had the sit up train travel from Perth to Adelaide. I hate flying now and there’s no way to get over except drive or pay 2 k each way for a sleeper train.

I can't even remember the name of the show where it was portrayed now, but I watched a doco on the Treno Patagonico a few years back and that inspired us to do it ourselves when we went to Argentina, from Bariloche to Viedma. It didn't disappoint as an experience.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brings back memories.
For some stupid reason, quite some years ago, a mate and me decided to drive the entire track beside the railway line from Kingoonya (SA) through to Kalgoorlie.
Five shredded tyres later...

Speaking of train travel I wish they still had the sit up train travel from Perth to Adelaide. I hate flying now and there’s no way to get over except drive or pay 2 k each way for a sleeper train.

I've done wherever from Michigan to Chicago with some mates and it was brilliant. Got a first class carriage to ourselves on the way there. Way back not as fortunate.

The last trip i took to Sydney i looked into going by train during the day, really wanted to. Was pretty much the same price as flying yeah gagfd, flew.

Strangely mesmerising, wouldn't be difficult to watch the whole day.

Those silent aerial shots remind me of riding in a hot air balloon. All view & no noise. Very peaceful.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When things go wrong on the Trans
Trip East 241.jpg
Trip East 242.jpg
Trip East 243.jpg

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Imagine being out there and building the damn railway in those conditions!

Update- they just went over into S.A
Apart from the scorching/freezing weather, the seemingly unrelenting wind and the isolation it is also quite disconcerting and eerie on the actual Nullabor itself with not a tree in sight and a seemingly endless landscape.
I was quite relieved to be out of there

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Apart from the scorching/freezing weather, the seemingly unrelenting wind and the isolation it is also quite disconcerting and eerie on the actual Nullabor itself with not a tree in sight and a seemingly endless landscape.
I was quite relieved to be out of there

Did you watch Hell on Wheels Tv series?

Underrated but a great recreation of the US East to West railways

Back