Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

found SEN on the car radio yesterday morning. lasted 3 minutes i reckon.

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc.

Clearly him losing weight is because we are taking a different tact with his body going more lean and losing some muscle bulk, not because he was lazy and overweight before. Kane DID acknowledge this after a caller called him out but that was me done. More of the same of kanes pot stirring (he clearly knows better and that players have different programs that may be designed to bilk them up or slim them down - Gee Roo was fat and lazy under Shaw wasn't he) that will always just pander toward port supporters and trying to get a bite out of crow supporters (which works for a bit but then wears thin to the point you tune out)

EDIT: plus sound quality was poor, which was strangely the only saving grace

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc.

Clearly him losing weight is because we are taking a different tact with his body going more lean and losing some muscle bulk, not because he was lazy and overweight before. Kane DID acknowledge this after a caller called him out but that was me done. More of the same of kanes pot stirring (he clearly knows better and that players have different programs that may be designed to bilk them up or slim them down - Gee Roo was fat and lazy under Shaw wasn't he) that will always just pander toward port supporters and trying to get a bite out of crow supporters (which works for a bit but then wears thin to the point you tune out)

How many calls were there?

Did they give away any prizes?

Because if they do, they may be able to very easy to win.

Having said that you only listened for 3 minutes so you probs don't even know.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

How many calls were there?

Did they give away any prizes?

Because if they do, they may be able to very easy to win.

Having said that you only listened for 3 minutes so you probs don't even know.

yeah i didn't listen long enough to know how many callers but I heard that 1 caller and they gave him a prize. They said something along the lines of "hold the line we will give you tickets to the strikers tonight, I know your in melbourne so it may be hard to make it" so they probably have more prizes than callers!

The morning show isn't terrible.

I've enjoyed the shows with Darren Berry and the bloke from Perth.

I also like how when SEN interview someone they have researched the person and sport and can provide a better discussion than who is their AFL team they support and calling them a good girl or boy for answering poorly thoughtout questions well.

That’s not even it, it’s well documented Tex didn’t have a preseason due to his foot, the same one that derailed his season and the same one he had operated on. Now he can train and guess what he’s lost weight.

What a ******* w***er he is. I spoke to Tex about Kane and he hates his guts.

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc

Or it might have something to do with him not being able to run for a few months.

The caller wasn't Motslop was it?

SEN have the Aussie Open now.

So people will get more Sports Info from SEN, than they're getting ATM

Interesting yesterday here in Melbourne, the afternoon program was done from Perth, by the new incoming SEN recruit Tim Gossage

That’s not even it, it’s well documented Tex didn’t have a preseason due to his foot, the same one that derailed his season and the same one he had operated on. Now he can train and guess what he’s lost weight.

Yes the hatred is very real, shockingly the hate extends to players down the swamp..... many dont like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus he's drinking Coronas with lime now. I mean if I was drinking those, I'd chuck after every mouthful, so you know it'd help with losing weight :)

I liked Tim as a presenter.
He tends to be a touch like Rowe ....but he toned it down yesterday, but still a bit too much of a WA influence in the show ......but these guys will learn ....Cornes is better on his Melb Friday morning show, not a lot of Sth Aust talk

I can’t imagine they would, not many players give up on their teammates during a season.

That was a strange episode. Your 300 game legacy is immediately tarnished and you’ve shat on your teammates. And for what? Getting into an intake that will occur again in 12 months anyway. Even though you’ve already got irons in the fire that will result in you not being able to commit to the result of that recurring intake anyway.

It had the the forward planning and decision making characteristics of Ben Cousins at the arse end of a 4 day ice bender. WTF was he thinking? w***er.

Also I just can’t fathom how Hutchy thinks Kornes pissing off Crows supporters is going to work. I just don’t get it.
He's going with the logic that pissing people off generates interest. It's pretty much Hutchy's MO, so no surprise he's getting Kornes to follow in his footsteps. Given Hutchy's hold on the AFL media, I think he has a decent idea of what he's doing. I still think he and Kane are both knobheads, but he does know how to play the dirty media game well.

He's going with the logic that pissing people off generates interest. It's pretty much Hutchy's MO, so no surprise he's getting Kornes to follow in his footsteps. Given Hutchy's hold on the AFL media, I think he has a decent idea of what he's doing. I still think he and Kane are both knobheads, but he does know how to play the dirty media game well.
That might work in a town with lots of teams, but when you are broadcasting to a market dominated by one team, to annoy those supporters makes no sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back