Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
1. West Coast
2. Richmond
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Essendon
6. Hawthorn
7. North Melb
8. Geelong

9. GWS
10. Port Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. Sydney
13. Fremantle
14. Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. St Kilda
17. Bulldogs
18. Carlton

Crows 14th????

2018 - worst year in all respects (camp debacle and injury plagued) and yet finished 12-10 and miss the 8 by a game. And yet they beat Richmond, West Coast, Sydney and Geelong.

Incredible logic.

WCE
Richmond
Melbourne
Adelaide
North Melbourne
Collingwood
GWS
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Geelong
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Fremantle
St Kilda
Carlton
GC

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
WCE
Richmond
Melbourne
Adelaide
North Melbourne
Collingwood
GWS
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Geelong
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Fremantle
St Kilda
Carlton
GC
Changing o the guard stuff with all of Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong missing the 8. Reasonable call.

North an interesting pick

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
I'm going to Europe in June-August...I'm thinking the urgency of trying to log onto whatever AFL coverage I can find from half a world away, to see the Hawks charging into September, is not quite as great as it could have been after the inconvenient event of Friday morning...

Richmond flag. WC, Melbourne, Collingwood contenders. Brisbane massive improvers. Saints spoon. Hawks out. Cats, Sydney and GWS spent. Freo could be interesting, but they'll hang with Adelaide, Port, North and Essendon. Footscray & Carlton no-shows.

On average, 2-3 sides every season are replaced. Hawks and Sydney out, replaced by North and Essendon...

Changing o the guard stuff with all of Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong missing the 8. Reasonable call.

North an interesting pick

I know i am gonna cop s**t for a couple of calls in there, but, the injury to Mitchell can't be understated. Sydney are at that awkward stage with their list. Some good young talent coming through, but they are now beatable. And i think it's the same with you guys, this is as beatable as you have been for years. Danger is a gun, but, Taylor, Ablett, Selwood, all over 30 now and a couple of your young blokes like Guthrie etc just aren't quite there. I think you can be exposed with pace. And Hawkins once again has a big job ahead of him with your forward line structure.
I think North needed outside pace to compliment what they had and got it in the off season. And i think they have some decent young KP's.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
Collingwood
GWS
Geelong
Sydney

Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Fremantle
Carlton
Gold Coast

A quick early crack. I’m expecting Adelaide to jump back up this year. Hawks will fall out of eight. Not too sure on the rest just yet.

How anybody has GWS missing finals is beyond me , They will be top 4 easily
Most overrated team in the comp. They've lost Sheil, Scully and Lobb and picked up Mumford out of desperation.

They'll miss the 8.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
I know i am gonna cop s**t for a couple of calls in there, but, the injury to Mitchell can't be understated. Sydney are at that awkward stage with their list. Some good young talent coming through, but they are now beatable. And i think it's the same with you guys, this is as beatable as you have been for years. Danger is a gun, but, Taylor, Ablett, Selwood, all over 30 now and a couple of your young blokes like Guthrie etc just aren't quite there. I think you can be exposed with pace. And Hawkins once again has a big job ahead of him with your forward line structure.
I think North needed outside pace to compliment what they had and got it in the off season. And i think they have some decent young KP's.
Norths young kps in Brown and Mason Wood are very good already. At an age too where they could really explode.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If GWS start going downhill Id hate to think of crowd numbers.

Probably lucky to crack 5k.

AFL will do everything they can to get them competitive.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah yeah

Doesn't matter how many people state the obvious withthe expansion clubs, there's a large number of clowns who just dont get it. It's just not about the criwdfir the next game, it's about the development of a base over 20 years.

Norths young kps in Brown and Mason Wood are very good already. At an age too where they could really explode.

Yep, and their back KP’s are pretty solid. More than people give them credit for. There’s always a bolter in the pack, they are my pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tip my hat to your optimism and hope you are a better judge than me
Our forward line was the most efficient in the competition last year kicking a goal from 1 in every 4 inside 50 entries and that was despite being poor in clearances, having no foil for Hawkins and having a forward half incapable of adding enough pressure to keep the ball locked inside 50.

We've recruited two extremely good forward pressure players in Rohan and Dahlhaus and we'll also get Cockatoo returning to add more physicality and speed.

We won 6 of the 8 games that Ratugolea played as teams couldn't just rely on double teaming Hawkins. His return is also a huge bonus for our structure.

In the 7 game stretch that Stanley gained confidence and cemented himself as a decent enough ruckman, we did better in the clearance area and our midfield started to gel. Having him back and with a very, very good tap ruckman in Fort as a second fiddle, the clearance numbers will improve again. Kelly will get better again and both Dangerfield and Selwood are over the back and ankle injuries that hampered their 2018 season. All reports are Danger is back to his explosive best and won't be forced to spend long periods stationed in the forward line.

Oh and 8 of our 9 defeats came by 18 points or less last year despite our structural issues.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Our forward line was the most efficient in the competition last year kicking a goal from 1 in every 4 inside 50 entries and that was despite being poor in clearances, having no foil for Hawkins and having a forward half incapable of adding enough pressure to keep the ball locked inside 50.

We've recruited two extremely good forward pressure players in Rohan and Dahlhaus and we'll also get Cockatoo returning to add more physicality and speed.

We won 6 of the 8 games that Ratugolea played as teams couldn't just rely on double teaming Hawkins. His return is also a huge bonus.

In the 7 game stretch that Stanley gained confidence and cemented himself as a decent enough ruckman, we did better in the clearance area and our midfield started to gel. Having him back and with a very, very good tap ruckman in Fort as a second fiddle, the clearance numbers will improve again. Kelly will get better again and both Dangerfield and Selwood are over the back and ankle injuries that hampered their 2018 season. All reports are Danger is back to his explosive best and won't be forced to spend long periods stationed in the forward line.
Fair points.

Agree on Ratugolea. Was showing tremendous promise and far more than i had hoped when he went down with the broken leg. Hope his confidence returns as has the size to really make an impact.

On Stanley while he had that good run, history has shown that his body lets him down. Ruck is our weakness and we run the risk again of being hurt in the middle

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Thats what I meant.

The time is now for GWS to build on their good work on and off field.

If they have 2-3 years of bottom 8 seasons those numbers start to drop off as they aren't seasoned AFL fans.

Its just the way it is.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cos clubs in other states never get a drop off in numbers when they slide down the ladder?

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
With the new news re: Hawthorn mine changes a bit:

1. West Coast
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. GWS
5. Adelaide