1st ODI | Australia vs India @ SCG (13:20 local)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey is the best keeper in the country. We always start our keepers in the one day format which Carey opens. Same as we did Gilly and Haddin

Carey's been an opener for just this season I think for a career average of 29

How is one of the 2 best openers in Australia?
He doesn't have to be one of the best openers in the country.
He has to be one of the best openers in the side.

Personally, I think Short should be in the side but he's not.
Maxwell will not bat at 7.

He may not be one of the two best openers in Australia but he's scoring at a healthier rate than Ussie.

So far, he's doing ok, not spectacular but ok

Yes what an inspiring middle order. 3 out of form batsmen 2 of which were just dropped from the test side

Carey's been an opener for just this season I think for a career average of 29

How is one of the 2 best openers in Australia?
In ODIs, when does a pure opener ever get selected these days?

I mean look at our sides recently with players like Gilly or Mark Waugh. Look at India with Tendulkar and Ganguly. Batting orders in ODI cricket differ in terms of the side's needs and balance.

Its not difficult to understand some particular players are better suited coming in during the middle to later overs such as Stoinis and Maxwell. Some players are better suited to opening as they can find the gaps when the field is up.

In ODIs, when does a pure opener ever get selected these days?

I mean look at our sides recently with players like Gilly or Mark Waugh. Look at India with Tendulkar and Ganguly.

Its not difficult to understand some particular players are better suited coming in during the middle to later overs such as Stoinis and Maxwell. Some players are better suited to opening as they can find the gaps when the field is up.

So you would pick Carey to open in your side then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I would for the moment.

Id prefer the guys like Stoinis and Maxwell who are capable of hitting the boundaries needed in the later overs when the field is out

I don't even have a problem with Carey a bunch of people just attacked my post which was never ment to be about him. My main issue was that Khawaja Handscomb and Marsh who are all horrifically out of form are batting before Maxwell

That 80's game with Warne in commentary was amusing

'Simon Davis, old sniffer!'

'Here he is AB, don't play for spin!'

Steve Waugh on screen - Silence

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back