• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone know who replaces Murray in the draw?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
His game bored me but can’t not respect him. Hope he gets a farewell at wimbledon

I am not a big fan of him either on or off the court but, yeah, I definitely respect what he has achieved and how hard he worked. Also, not ideal that he can't retire on his own terms so I have feel for him being forced out through injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shame to see Marta Kostyuk lose in the Q3. Plenty of time though, she just turned 16 1/2.

Made R3 here last year as a 15yo.

Would have rather given her a WC than a few of the others that got one.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I liked the draw a lot. Some of the aussies have some tough asks (especially Tomic R1 and Dasha R2), but lots of encounters to look forward to. I'm still not sold on Nadal surviving the early rounds without retirement/excuse, so don't mind some Aussies in his early rounds section.

Most important thing was to get Barty away from Kerber in the draw, and we got that.

Sad about Murray, but he is approaching 32, has to happen to some of them I guess. He has been quality since the day he arrived on tour. His early results were even more solid than Monfils and Novak I felt, a lot of honourable losses and big name upsets in his first 24 months. He was basically top 20 after barely a year of regular activity. Novak rapidly stormed up the rankings, and Monfils stagnated in that 10-20 area, but Murray was a tricky opponent virtually from his first appearances. The sad thing for him is that just when he seemed to be the pre-eminent player (Wimbledon 2013; Year-end 2016), something would come along and derail him for a while. Even Nadal had more of a fair go with his body.

stoisle

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Do they not expect Murray to last since they have a 5th match after it with the "not before" times an hour apart?

Also has Court 2 been renamed 1573 arena?

Back