1st ODI | Australia vs India @ SCG (13:20 local)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really sure I want this review to succeed.

On the one hand it is a colossal waste of a glacial start, on the other realistically he's going to accelerate to a 100 SR as the best case scenario which I'm not convinced is good enough.

Soaking up that many balls and then losing it before you can cash in is also a reason why Khawaja should never, ever be in the ODI setup.

What the **** happened to James Faulkner? Was almost the most valuable one day player for a few years there.
Didn't they have the powerplay for the last ten overs rule when he was doing well? Pretty much meant he just needed to loft it in the gaps in the outfield. I think batsmen started picking his slower ball out of the hand as well, notably Kohli.

Arghh not a good shot in the situation, Just starting to settle and look better, If you are going to take 80 odd balls to make 59 you need to bat deep and go on with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxwell is batting 7 cause the others are all better batsman. Maxy is handy with bat and ball but is the best fielder in the country. That’s why he’s in the side

It needed to be one of Stoinis or Maxwell. You cant have Marsh and Handscomb in at the same time here, you need one who can nudge and one who can strike. Its as if there is nobody at the wheel in our setup anymore, its just colour by numbers. Just beggars belief how pointless the entire Australian cricket setup has become, its populated entirely by nuff nuffs stealing a wage.

Maxwell is batting 7 cause the others are all better batsman. Maxy is handy with bat and ball but is the best fielder in the country. That’s why he’s in the side

Strange that Maxwell averages better than Handscomb in first class, ODI’s and 20/20s then.. 🤔

Aussies setting up nicely here. Looking at around 300 plus. Might not be enough but it’s decent.

Here's my problem with Maxwell at 7. We are gonna be 4- 180 of 40 overs and they will expect Stoinis and Maxwell to rescue the innings by scoring 25 ball 50s cold. One of stoinis or Maxwell should be in now getting some bat on ball before they have to launch.

Didn't they have the powerplay for the last ten overs rule when he was doing well? Pretty much meant he just needed to loft it in the gaps in the outfield. I think batsmen started picking his slower ball out of the hand as well, notably Kohli.

Not sure mate. Remember when he and McKay best the poms in 9 down needing 50 to win. Batted number 8 aswell. What a star

We have applied exactly zero brains to this whole exercise. Selection, lineup, batting plans. Zero brains. Every last mother******* useless twat from the selectors to the coaching staff to the ******* lady who makes the tea should be sent packing. Complete sheltered workshop,

Not sure mate. Remember when he and McKay best the poms in 9 down needing 50 to win. Batted number 8 aswell. What a star
If you're thinking of the one at the Gabba I think it was with Coults. I was at the ground, this smug old Pom was gloating going "One moar Christopher, One moar Stokesy", got quieter and quieter as time went on. Great game and why I'm convinced T20 must not kill off ODI's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back