Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sign up for the Hun subscription now you'll get a Fitbit for free too. I cancelled mine and rejoined so I could get one
Some people will sell their soul to the devil :devil: .....just for a freebie :p

Some people will sell their soul to the devil :devil: .....just for a freebie :p

I also get access to all the quality insightful articles by Sam Lamb-burger and Jay-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jealous much??

This is an ideal setup as it is strongest in the 2 highest scoring lines.
It all depends on enough back+fwd rookies being available. Last year we were blessed with good backs and able to go 3 on field. Maybe if 2 of Collins/Logue/Williamson are named we'll be able to have that again.
Fwds on the other hand are usually pus and 2018 was no exception. U might need a stronger F4.
Other than that it's a ripper side. I see no problem in having both Merrett and Crouch as they were both top 10 or there abouts in 2017.Great value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backline is risky as

Id ditch Greene for a rookie and upgrade Birchall

Other than that its pretty solid
I agree, it’s a risky backline. I like the high scoring potential of the mids and forwards more than the defenders but depending on where the good rookies are will depend where I go a bit weaker. I don’t like both Roberton and Birchall down back so that will most likely change. Cheers mate

8 players over 600k (52% of the salary cap) I don't think I've ever started with any more than 3 players over 600k
Fair enough, I love that the players I’ve picked over 600k won’t need to be traded unless injured and all have huge ceilings of 150 plus which I like for the scoring potential. No doubt will change before round 1

8 players over 600k (52% of the salary cap) I don't think I've ever started with any more than 3 players over 600k
Surely you'll break that rule this year?
Given Danger and at least 1 of Grundy/Gawn are locks in most sides, that leaves only 1 more 600k+ player from the mids. Laird is almost 600k as well.
So only 1 of Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Kelly, Neale, Fyfe.
I think at least 4. 8 is probably overkill though.

I agree, it’s a risky backline. I like the high scoring potential of the mids and forwards more than the defenders but depending on where the good rookies are will depend where I go a bit weaker. I don’t like both Roberton and Birchall down back so that will most likely change. Cheers mate
Yeah Im going light down back year, just not that light :p

Fair enough, I love that the players I’ve picked over 600k won’t need to be traded unless injured and all have huge ceilings of 150 plus which I like for the scoring potential. No doubt will change before round 1

They're all good scorers no doubt but most are priced at their max. 5x 600k+ mids in particular seems like overkill to me. Reckon there are several mids well under 600k that can match/outscore any of those 5 mids.

Surely you'll break that rule this year?
Given Danger and at least 1 of Grundy/Gawn are locks in most sides, that leaves only 1 more 600k+ player from the mids. Laird is almost 600k as well.
So only 1 of Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Kelly, Neale, Fyfe.
I think at least 4. 8 is probably overkill though.

Ideally I'd start with both Grundy & Gawn but I'll be tempted to downgrade one of them to Goldy/Kreuzer depending on how the pre-season pans out
Danger is a lock.
Cripps is a lock.
(I had Titch before he died)

So that's 3 maybe 4 x600k+ for me. There's quite a lot of sub 600k SP value picks in the midfield that I can't ignore.

They're all good scorers no doubt but most are priced at their max. 5x 600k+ mids in particular seems like overkill to me. Reckon there are several mids well under 600k that can match/outscore any of those 5 mids.

Ideally I'd start with both Grundy & Gawn but I'll be tempted to downgrade one of them to Goldy/Kreuzer depending on how the pre-season pans out
Danger is a lock.
Cripps is a lock.
(I had Titch before he died)

So that's 3 maybe 4 x600k+ for me. There's quite a lot of sub 600k SP value picks in the midfield that I can't ignore.
I’ve got 6 ATM.

Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Grundy, Gawn & Danger.

I agree your Zerrett/MCrouch types can match the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back