Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

The Heat are in their 'Clash' strip again tonight. They should at least wear black pants with it if they are going to go with a black top.
What’s the deal with Brisbane Heat wearing their “clash” for seemingly no reason

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was wondering that too. The blue doesn't clash with the Renegades, actually, the black probably creates more of a clash. Maybe retails are becoming available and they were looking to expose it to a home crowd? Or there was possibly a property department mix-up (like WCE in 2007) which saw them bring the wrong jerseys to the ground?

I was wondering that too. The blue doesn't clash with the Renegades, actually, the black probably creates more of a clash. Maybe retails are becoming available and they were looking to expose it to a home crowd? Or there was possibly a property department mix-up (like WCE in 2007) which saw them bring the wrong jerseys to the ground?

Looks like it was the former. This is from the Heat merchandise shop:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 9.00.19 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 9.04.20 pm.png

Anyone happen to be at the GABBA tonight? Are the many advertisements flogging off the jersey and are the ground announcers explaining why the players are wearing it?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Bought one of these at the Boxing Day test, shirt is quite heavy and didn’t breathe too well. Hope they sell long sleeve ones!
That is one thing I noticed with wearing the Test shirts. They breathe so well and are so light. That is what you want when you are out there in the heat all day in a Test match.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Would like to see more teams make a black alternate for their uniforms. They aren't necessary and are frankly a money grab but I'd love to get my hands on one for the Renegades.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Would like to see more teams make a black alternate for their uniforms. They aren't necessary and are frankly a money grab but I'd love to get my hands on one for the Renegades.
The Scorchers did a black training shirt a while back. The stars have a dark black training shirt now.

Scorchers have had dark shirts lately
1547177238012.png

1547177287711.png

Stars this year are unning with a dark shirt
1547177369659.png

Sydney Thunder had a black training shirt last year
1547177101433.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
The Scorchers did a black training shirt a while back. The stars have a dark black training shirt now.

Scorchers have had dark shirts lately
View attachment 603649
View attachment 603650

Stars this year are unning with a dark shirt
View attachment 603651
Sydney Thunder had a black training shirt last year
View attachment 603648
Yeah I like these designs, especially the Stars I think that's a cool way of doing it. Just something to break up the mono-chromatic feel of the BBL once in a while would be welcome.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

And Asics has gone and stuffed it up. A beautiful retro kit, with the current rubbish italicised dark green numbers. I know the original didn't have names and numbers, but how hard is it to come up with something that looks like it is part of the kit rather than just slapped on like an afterthought.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Is the Alinta Energy not in the green thing so that it doesn't look like the green bar is part of their logo?

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
It has been extremely well received though so I wouldn’t be surprised to see CA trot it out for a second appearance
We can only hope! I think it's a good way to keep ODIs on people's radars in this era of BBL and Foxtel.

Back