Movie Things I learnt from and movie trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

In the film Scott's girlfriend leaves him for the lead singer of a rock band played by Matt Damon. In real life a former girlfriend of Matt Damon left him for Lars Ulrich the drummer for the rock band Metallica.

The kegs at the graduation party were filled with real beer. According to the directors, in the scene in which Cooper is thrown behind Scotty after the hot tub incident, Jacob Pitts is quite inebriated.

Matt Damon originally did the cameo as the lead singer of the band Scotty Doesn't Know due to the fact that he went to college with Alec Shaffer, Jeff Berg and Dave Mandell. He was in Prague shooting The Brothers Grimm when Alec, Dave and Jeff asked him if would play the part. Due to the fact he was required to wear a wig in his part in The Brothers Grimm, he spontaneously shaved his head for the EuroTrip cameo.

While filming the nude beach scene, Jacob Pitts would not put his shorts back on, because he was enjoying how uncomfortable it made everyone else.

Ironically, on the Unrated DVD cover art it shows Michelle Trachtenberg taking her bikini off. She's actually the only main character in the movie who doesn't go naked. However, in the outtakes during the credits, there is a brief shot of her being topless (though seen from behind). This was part of a longer deleted scene where she unsuccessfully tries to hitch a ride by flashing truck drivers.

The original text of the email Scotty receives Mieke actually says: Lieber Scott, Ich war ein sehr trauriges Mädchen, als ich hörte, dass deine Freundin Fiona dir den Laufpass gab. Aber vielleicht ist es so zum Besten. Ich war jedenfalls sehr froh darüber! Ich muss für nächstes Jahr eine grosse Entscheidung treffen. Und da dachte ich, da du ja jetzt keine Freundin mehr hast, könnte ich in die Vereinigten Staaten kommen und wir könnten uns besser kennenlernen. Vielleicht könnten wir ein Treffen arrangieren. Bis Bald, Mieke. Translated, this says: Dear Scott, I was a very sad girl when I heared that your girlfriend Fiona dumped you. But maybe it is for the best. I was glad about it, anyway! I must make a big decision about the next year. And I thought, that since you don't have a girlfriend anymore, that I could come to the United States and we could become better acquainted. Maybe we can arrange a meeting. Until soon, Mieke.

Vinnie Jones played for Wimbledon in the Premier League. He was not, and still is not, a Manchester United fan.

During the end credits, the Amsterdam youth hostel owner (Joanna Lumley) indicates that a "fire that may occur due to the faulty wiring of the fireworks factory upstairs". She is referring to an actual dramatic explosion of a fireworks factory in the Dutch city of Enschede on 13 May 2000.

Scottie's drunken email to Mieke (when he still thought she was a man) originally reads: "Listen Mike, I don't want to arrange any meetings with you, you sick German freak. I'M NOT into guys like you so please keep your hands off of my genitals and never write to me again and don't come to America. goodbye, *face"

41iruAAYl2L.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher Reede, a fast talking attorney, habitual liar, and divorced father is an incredibly successful lawyer who has built his career by lying. He has a habit of giving precedence to his job and always breaking promises to be with his young son Max, but Fletcher lets Max down once too often, for missing his own son's birthday party. But until then at 8:15 Max has decided to make an honest man out of him as he wishes for one whole day his dad couldn't tell a lie. When the wish comes true all Fletcher can do is tell the truth and cannot tell one lie. Uh-oh for Fletcher!

Released: 1997

Stars: Jim Carrey, a really cute kid and the chick from ER.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back