Pakistan tour of SA

Remove this Banner Ad

What a dramatic comeback from Pakistan there picking the last 7 wickets for very little.

South Africa should be very disappointed, that was easily a 400 run wicket imo.

PAK 2/17 so SA take Day 1 honours.

Steyn needs 4 wickets to go from =11th to outright 7th all time for most career wickets. Fair way to 6th, another 75 wickets after that.

Can’t believe people are having a go at Abbas. His little dibbly-dobblys made us look Stupid. He’s class.

There is no team in cricket at the moment worse at putting the foot on the throat with the bat than SA I reckon.

I said it before the sandpaper series that I didn’t think their batting was all that strong (albeit at the time they were playing Maharaj who was batting at 7, so essentially one less Batsman)

I understand du Plessis isn’t playing this game but a middle order of de Bruyn, Hamza and Bavuma doesn’t exactly fill you with much confidence. De Kock after the blazing start to his career seemingly hasn’t been able to find anywhere near that form. Amla is an out and out gun but definitely past his best. Makram is an absolute star and Elgar a very good honest test opener, but if you get through that too 3 it’s definitely a bit shaky. Obviously this is countered by their world class bowling attack, but it’ll be interesting to see how they develop.

Disappointingly our next series at home with them isn’t until 2022-23, but we do play over there in 2021-22. Strange fixturing. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we’ll never see Steyn/Philander vs Australia again (in tests)

Disappointingly our next series at home with them isn’t until 2022-23, but we do play over there in 2021-22. Strange fixturing. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we’ll never see Steyn/Philander vs Australia again (in tests)

It doesn’t help that India are coming back here next year for a Test series. What an absolute ******* joke. We just finished playing them here and we’re playing them here, again, next year!

Is the scheduling of any sport worse than cricket?

It doesn’t help that India are coming back here next year for a Test series. What an absolute ******* joke. We just finished playing them here and we’re playing them here, again, next year!

If it means more Kohli, Pujara, Bumrah and Pant then bring it on I say.

Next year is Pakistan and New Zealand and India the year after, but your point remains. Absolute joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't figure this series out. Are the pitches just s**t? Are we witnessing the return of Pakistan to the bad old days where they were incredible for a session, and then looked like they were being paid off in the next session?

I probably say it every time there's a match in Johannesburg, but if you are ever lucky enough to watch cricket at the bullring (and if you're open minded enough to not be intimidated by the hustle of black South Africans and stories of crime), ******* do it. I've been lucky enough to attend a bit of cricket around the place, but nothing touches Johannesburg. I can't not watch it when there's cricket on the tv from Joburg, it's such an incredible memory.

South Africa did a Pakistan in their first innings after a very good start. So Pakistan outpakistaned South Africa and went one better in their own first innings.

Advantage Pakistan.

I can't figure this series out. Are the pitches just s**t? Are we witnessing the return of Pakistan to the bad old days where they were incredible for a session, and then looked like they were being paid off in the next session?

I probably say it every time there's a match in Johannesburg, but if you are ever lucky enough to watch cricket at the bullring (and if you're open minded enough to not be intimidated by the hustle of black South Africans and stories of crime), ******* do it. I've been lucky enough to attend a bit of cricket around the place, but nothing touches Johannesburg. I can't not watch it when there's cricket on the tv from Joburg, it's such an incredible memory.
Done Lords and Eden Gardens, so the Bullring is next on my list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back