Grand Slam Australian Open 2019

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't agree with Alex. That's his own fault for playing Sydney, it's up to organizers to see fit where to schedule him. Usually Sydney/Auckland finalist get a not before 5 but really 2 hours isn't going to be the difference, playing two matches in one day 2 days beforehand is. I'm sorry Alex, but deal with it.

However, Millman last on court 7 is downright f***ing bizarre. Quite insulting honestly. John isn't going to care but I don't care who it is, our GS quarterfinalist from last year who beat Federer is playing on Court 7. Scheduling doesn't usually annoy me but get stuffed AO...

I can't agree with Alex. That's his own fault for playing Sydney, it's up to organizers to see fit where to schedule him. Usually Sydney/Auckland finalist get a not before 5 but really 2 hours isn't going to be the difference, playing two matches in one day 2 days beforehand is. I'm sorry Alex, but deal with it.

However, Millman last on court 7 is downright f***ing bizarre. Quite insulting honestly. John isn't going to care but I don't care who it is, our GS quarterfinalist from last year who beat Federer is playing on Court 7. Scheduling doesn't usually annoy me but get stuffed AO...
He only ended up playing a 4 set game with a break in the middle.

Can't be all that difficult to schedule it so the players still in tournaments end up in the 2nd half of the draw.

Millman was on show court 3 last year and it was packed (I had to queue for ages to get a seat well before the match even began). He is now our second highest ranked male player and will be ranked 37 (I think) after his efforts in Brisbane and Sydney, I fully expected him the be elevated to MCA or MA this year. He won't spit the dummy over it but likely use it as a bit of extra motivation to do well.

A day pass for RLA/MCA in Week 1 is a waste of money.

I have MCA, there is some benefit with the heat and I am not a huge fan of Melbourne Arena for tennis. I am happy to see.
De Minaur, I was worried they would put him on Melbourne Arena.

Plenty of Australians on Monday. There is a chance Millman, Thompson, Ebden and De Minaur could all be on court at the same time.

He only ended up playing a 4 set game with a break in the middle.

Can't be all that difficult to schedule it so the players still in tournaments end up in the 2nd half of the draw.

Can't rig the draw becauee they are playing an ATP event

Not that I dislike women’s tennis, but the days were so much more enjoyable when centre court yielded two men’s matches.

2014 day 2 was probably the best day of tennis I’ve been to - Azarenka first up when she was in her prime, into Federer cleanly beating Aussie Duckworth into Lleyton Hewitt contesting a gruelling five setter with Andreas Seppi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rig the draw? lmfao

Day 2 is a disadvantage when it comes to the finals

Purposely putting someone in one half of the draw would be rigging, yes.

Back