Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
"Body of the message colour"?

Do you mean background colour on the message box?

"White is a little too hard on the eyes"?

Which element is white? The text?

I have brightened the font colour because people (Final Siren) said it was not bright enough.

I will have a look and see what the design literature says on dark themes. Again, I think it looks horrendous but people seem to like the dark style.

Post feedback here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...t-issues-and-feedback-in-here-please.1210710/

I mean this below which is the main colour of the users message:

CSS:
.XenBase .block--messages .message {
    font-size: 13px;
    color: #f0f0f0;
}

It's very very light. A colour which is similar to when you are typing in the html box to send a message is better. The #f0f0f0 is way too bright and too strong a contrast. Hard on the eyes.

And yes the dark theme needs a lot of work.

Take a look at Discord or Twitter dark theme and copy the colour formatting from that and you should be ok.

Some of the other formatting like spacing needs work. But not sure on Xenforo's customisation abilities.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
You should of been doing that since primary school. No excuses.

:)

Actually, isn't it sposta be shoulda anyway?
Oh no no. I used to have relatively good English when I came out of high school.

Due to my work, not reading much, and working with a lot of digitial stuff where I rarely use English....you get a lot of bad habits and forget. My spelling was extremely good and now I forget how to spell various words. When you don't read or practice it, you forget things.

I'm very pedantic so it bothers me if I am not getting simple English correct. So that's why I appreciate it if people point out mistakes I make.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh no no. I used to have relatively good English when I came out of high school.

Due to my work, not reading much, and working with a lot of digitial stuff where I rarely use English....you get a lot of bad habits and forget. My spelling was extremely good and now I forget how to spell various words. When you don't read or practice it, you forget things.

I'm very pedantic so it bothers me if I am not getting simple English correct. So that's why I appreciate it if people point out mistakes I make.

You are either pedantic
or you are not
So the use of 'very' as a qualifier is poor English i wld say

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
You are either pedantic
or you are not
So the use of 'very' as a qualifier is poor English i wld say
Good point. So since it is 'being something', as in an end state which I guess pedantic is, I cannot be more or less than anything else than being pedantic?

1. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
How are you coping with the heatwave up your way Gifo? The seven day outlook had a lot of temps beginning in the 40’s.

Today 40
M 40
T 44
W 44

Get outside early and then stay inside

You have to figure out what works re keeping cool in house; blinds down, evaporative v a/c/ using ceiling fans etc

We manage

But I think this heat will probably end my Pumpkins

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
how i feel today:
1547331968966.png

aka its my 37th Birthday...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Today 40
M 40
T 44
W 44

Get outside early and then stay inside

You have to figure out what works re keeping cool in house; blinds down, evaporative v a/c/ using ceiling fans etc

We manage

But I think this heat will probably end my Pumpkins

They don't have shade cloth & water in Katamatite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
North Viking tomatoes galore

3 of the 4 plants removed and done

Not much success with the larger tomatoes taste wise but the cherry tomatoes and Roma’s better tasting than the shops

Get some "Grosse Lisse" tomatoes if you want better flavor. Not the prettiest looking things, but great flavor. Get used to idea that good flavor tomatoes rot quickly, which of course can be regulated by planting all year round selections, and/or preserving the tastier strains.

The regular store tomatoes have been genetically modified for shelf life by removing a ripening enzyme that effects pectin, which of course is a major contributor to flavor.

http://calag.ucanr.edu/Archive/?article=ca.v054n04p6

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Get some "Grosse Lisse" tomatoes if you want better flavor. Not the prettiest looking things, but great flavor. Get used to idea that good flavor tomatoes rot quickly, which of course can be regulated by planting all year round selections, and/or preserving the tastier strains.

The regular store tomatoes have been genetically modified for shelf life by removing a ripening enzyme that effects pectin, which of course is a major contributor to flavor.

http://calag.ucanr.edu/Archive/?article=ca.v054n04p6

The Grosse Lisse are in the front garden

I planted it late last year and got some tomatoes and that was the end of it but come early December, nek minits, I have six new plants shooting

I have left them all to their own devices and created a makeshift set of stakes to support them as they grew

It’s a damn mess of plants but there is fruit appearing, it’s rigt beside a sprinkler so time will tell

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Grosse Lisse are in the front garden

I planted it late last year and got some tomatoes and that was the end of it but come early December(1), nek minits, I have six new plants shooting

I have left them all to their own devices and created a makeshift set of stakes to support them as they grew

It’s a damn mess of plants but there is fruit appearing, it’s rigt beside a sprinkler so time will tell (2)

(1) C'mon Gaso, you are a twentieth century man. Some poly plastic and wood/Al tubing gives you good eating tomatoes all year round.

(2) FFS mate, a farmer should know that you don't water tomatoes via spraying the foliage, you soak them at the roots (bit of seasol now & then).:thumbsu:

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
All year round...too much effort...we get too many frosts come Aril to July Snake_Baker

The sprinklers/misters are 3 inches off the ground at the base of these bunch of plants and form the first point of a 30 metre stretch of irrigation that feeds a mix of natives and succulents

Best thing is seeing the native Honey Eaters fly into my garden and no one else’s

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All year round...too much effort...we get too many frosts come Aril to July Snake_Baker

The sprinklers/misters are 3 inches off the ground at the base of these bunch of plants and form the first point of a 30 metre stretch of irrigation that feeds a mix of natives and succulents

Best thing is seeing the native Honey Eaters fly into my garden and no one else’s
Too bad my father in law has dismantled and disposed of the gardening setup at his new place. I don't know what those big lights were worth or how much power they chewed. The watering system was fairly basic. Looked like fish pond pumps. Anyway, too late now. I told him he could have used it for legitimate vegies.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Too bad my father in law has dismantled and disposed of the gardening setup at his new place. I don't know what those big lights were worth or how much power they chewed. The watering system was fairly basic. Looked like fish pond pumps. Anyway, too late now. I told him he could have used it for legitimate vegies.
1547346700990.png

Did they ever figure out what the previous occupants were doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back