Kayo

Remove this Banner Ad

had it one day, it chewed through 100GB In one day and went over our monthly cap....
Hmm thats what I needed to hear

Though the saving I can make i can upgrade to Unlimited and still have coffee money , Gloria Jeans coffee money ;)

had it one day, it chewed through 100GB In one day and went over our monthly cap....
There are probably smarter people than me on here with bitrate for streaming, but you shouldn't do more than 1gb an hour, should you?

There are probably smarter people than me on here with bitrate for streaming, but you shouldn't do more than 1gb an hour, should you?
Kayo is 6.5 Mbps for 1080p. So that's 2.9 GB per hour maximum. So it would only use 70 GB across 24 hours making ams4crows claims impossible

Its dependant on quality of the stream and how many split screens you use, so basically ×2 for 2 screens etc.
Quick look at Kayo data usage
    • 2.5GB per hour for Standard Definition
    • 3.5GB per hour for High Definition

Anyone successfully able to cast Foxtel go to a tv through a chromecast?
All indications seem that you can but there’s no cast button.

My understanding is you need multi-room casting to be able to cast ($15).
That's why I've ditched my free (brother's) foxtel go for kayo.

Its dependant on quality of the stream and how many split screens you use, so basically ×2 for 2 screens etc.
Quick look at Kayo data usage
    • 2.5GB per hour for Standard Definition
    • 3.5GB per hour for High Definition
I think it was only 50gb in the one day that we used but when we rang they said we'd used more gb in one day thhan we had in the whole pervious 2 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayo (Foxtel) will get the EPL back when the rights finish up with Optus and they will have a monopoly on all Sport coverage in Australia.

Could be waiting a while though. The initial Optus EPL rights deal finished at the end of the current season, but they extended for a further three years, till the end of the 2021-22 season. I expect Optus to buy up the rights for other premium European soccer (Spain, Germany, Italy) and perhaps even the A-League and market themselves as a totally soccer destination. That would then leave Kayo to pick up all other sports, potentially increasing their focus on US sports.

Could be waiting a while though. The initial Optus EPL rights deal finished at the end of the current season, but they extended for a further three years, till the end of the 2021-22 season. I expect Optus to buy up the rights for other premium European soccer (Spain, Germany, Italy) and perhaps even the A-League and market themselves as a totally soccer destination. That would then leave Kayo to pick up all other sports, potentially increasing their focus on US sports.

But Fox are dropping their US sports currently - Fox Sports dropped the NHL this season, so ESPN is the only station showing any of the big 4 US sports, and that's pretty limited (Sunday/Monday night NFL matches and a limited number of NBA/MLB matches).

I read that you need a Chromecast Ultra - is this right? I've got a couple of Gen 1 Crhomecasts at home, so not sure if that will be a show stopper? (I get the gen 1 may not give the same resolution, but as long as it still works I don't care).
It struggles on my Gen 1 - buffering and hitching. It's optimized for Gen 3 and Ultra, so get a Gen 3 and you're good to go.

But Fox are dropping their US sports currently - Fox Sports dropped the NHL this season, so ESPN is the only station showing any of the big 4 US sports, and that's pretty limited (Sunday/Monday night NFL matches and a limited number of NBA/MLB matches).

Thats true, but with the popularity of NBA and NFL in Australia these days they’d be mad not to try and increase their content. There could even be a chance to make some of it Kayo-only content. Apparantly this year every game of the Asian Champions League will be on Kayo, but only games involving Australian teams will be on Fox.

Thats true, but with the popularity of NBA and NFL in Australia these days they’d be mad not to try and increase their content. There could even be a chance to make some of it Kayo-only content. Apparantly this year every game of the Asian Champions League will be on Kayo, but only games involving Australian teams will be on Fox.
previously, those games were available on demand through fox sports website and app from memory

Dumped Foxtel yesterday. Of course I had to go through the charade with them as they offer discount after discount ... Then try and slug me for exit fees etc.

But as long as you bring up the ombudsman things always work out in the end.

We have been trained well to pay for this stuff.

$89 unlimited NBN
$14 Netflix
$10 Stan
$18 Family iTunes
$25 Kayo

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back