Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Just packed Pjanić in a 15k pack! And a player pick! What a pack!

I've been addicted to the league upgrade packs this week, hit RTTF Cavani in my first so spent some time trying to seek IF Lala who I eventually managed, then switched over to the PL and added De Gea, RTTF Van Dijk, Aguero, Silva, Vertonghen, Sterling, Mahrez etc as well as finishing off the league for the upcoming league SBC. It got to be a problem last night as the drinks settled in and my search for that Pogba continued so I wiped out a few players from my Brazil squad for nought. Then I did the unthinkable and sold my regular Pogba in a last hail mary, thought I'd open a couple of Ultimate Packs and then see what happened with the SBC's... second pack - 89 Cruyff. Unbelievable, 2.3mil into my kitty, bought back what I'd sold, plus IF's Pogba and Kante and RTTF Aurier. Spent the morning putting together 10 packs in the untradeable TOTW SBC for next week as it looks like it'll be PL oriented. Essentially for the cost of RTTF Fabinho I've added all of the above and still have 650k spare, plus I've been super occupied whilst balancing a newborn.

So this week I'm going to employ a strategy of farming coins/packs for Squad battles

I set the difficulty to beginner, use a bronze squad, score 5 goals to get maximum coin bonus and then get a hold of the ball. On beginner the AI can't get the ball off of you. From there you just hit resume at half time and get the ball back and wait for your coins whilst you do something else.

Anyone know what is best thing to do when you have the ball in the box with 17 people around you? If you shoot you invariably get blocked so then pass is the next thing that comes to mind. But that can go wrong most times too. So is a skill move of some sort the best thing to do?

Playing online, i've had it with these ******* campaigners who turn on all their devices and slow down the connection to a crawl when I've got the ball, then when they've got it the speed goes back to normal like magic

* THESE SELFISH ******* campaignerS

Anyone know what is best thing to do when you have the ball in the box with 17 people around you? If you shoot you invariably get blocked so then pass is the next thing that comes to mind. But that can go wrong most times too. So is a skill move of some sort the best thing to do?
You could try fake shotting to buy yourself time and space. Other option is to perhaps pass it away from goal etc.

So this week I'm going to employ a strategy of farming coins/packs for Squad battles

I set the difficulty to beginner, use a bronze squad, score 5 goals to get maximum coin bonus and then get a hold of the ball. On beginner the AI can't get the ball off of you. From there you just hit resume at half time and get the ball back and wait for your coins whilst you do something else.
Doesn't it boot you if you're inactive more than a few minutes? Or is that only online?

Signed Mbappe too, 111m + David Neres.

Squad next season will look like

De Gea
Bellerin De Ligt Kimpembe Alex Telles
Pogba Doucore
Mbappe Dybala Hazard
Aubameyang
Asensio
Lacazette
Martial
De Jong
Tousart
Talisca
Vinicius Jnr
--
Tierney
Romangoli
Upemacano
Calabria
Sessengnon
Foden
Maitland-Niles
Nketiah

Have started a new career with Lyon. Their youth is fantastic and I am going to try and keep the core of the squad. Have signed Harry Winks and Sturridge so far, don't have much money so don't envisage many others coming in. Got Zinchenko in on loan too.

Maybe Cahill and/or Pepe to bolster the defence. Wanted Cesc, but the budget doesn't stretch that far unfortunately.

Anybody got any gems they could recommend?

It’s hard to do a sustained career mode run when first run in clubs just make stupid transfers. Paris bought 3 strikers in the first window despite having Cavani.

I think I’ll just do a fantasy run so the stupid transfers bother me less.

It’s hard to do a sustained career mode run when first run in clubs just make stupid transfers. Paris bought 3 strikers in the first window despite having Cavani.

I think I’ll just do a fantasy run so the stupid transfers bother me less.
I've accepted it. Computer buys stupid, and will buy players they don't really need and sell players they shouldn't.

If you want realism, FM is the place to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this?
  1. buy rare golds for 700 on bid or use the ones you have in your club that you feel like have no value
  2. put them into either the BPL or La Liga premium SBC (the one with 12 golds / 3 rare)
  3. put all non-rare golds from that pack into the gold upgrade SBC
  4. put any rare golds below 83 into the premium league SBC’s again
  5. repeat
You should gradually accumulate 83+ golds to use in Icon SBC’s with this method, while continually cycling the lower rated rates and nonrares back for more packs. The higher rated players that you pack might not perfectly fit futbin solutions, but you can get creative and finish Icon SBC’s for much less than it would cost to just buy the players. Plus, you get the fun of opening packs constantly (and the small chance of packing a TOTY/Icon/etc in the process).

With this method I'm 5/8 completing the Rui Costa icon sbc for almost next to nothing.

1. buy rare golds for 700 on bid or use the ones you have in your club that you feel like have no value
  2. put them into either the BPL or La Liga premium SBC (the one with 12 golds / 3 rare)
  3. put all non-rare golds from that pack into the gold upgrade SBC
  4. put any rare golds below 83 into the premium league SBC’s again
  5. repeat
You should gradually accumulate 83+ golds to use in Icon SBC’s with this method, while continually cycling the lower rated rates and nonrares back for more packs. The higher rated players that you pack might not perfectly fit futbin solutions, but you can get creative and finish Icon SBC’s for much less than it would cost to just buy the players. Plus, you get the fun of opening packs constantly (and the small chance of packing a TOTY/Icon/etc in the process).

With this method I'm 5/8 completing the Rui Costa icon sbc for almost next to nothing.

Ah, yeah... been doing the PL premium SBC for a few days on and off but not seen much better than Lloris for a while, problem with rinsing the golds is they're set aside for the league SBC when it arrives. Tried a few Ligue 1 but was getting nothing even when putting the standard golds into the gold upgrade. Didn't think to rinse all my 83's into the Icon SBC's though.

Ah, yeah... been doing the PL premium SBC for a few days on and off but not seen much better than Lloris for a while, problem with rinsing the golds is they're set aside for the league SBC when it arrives.
Gold cards are always cheap and with everyone flooding the market it makes this method way easier.

I genuinely only use the ligue 1 upgrade packs for tots where more special cards are likely to be pulled.

Packed TOTY Kante from the crafting method.
Nice, all i've packed is 83 rated spanish GK's. Finished playing WL so I might get back to grinding packs now, reckon fut champs might be less infuriating though.

Gold cards are always cheap and with everyone flooding the market it makes this method way easier.

I genuinely only use the ligue 1 upgrade packs for tots where more special cards are likely to be pulled.

Might keep an eye on the market, they aren't as cheap as they were yesterday but if it goes cheap again tomorrow will have another go.

Have started a new career with Lyon. Their youth is fantastic and I am going to try and keep the core of the squad. Have signed Harry Winks and Sturridge so far, don't have much money so don't envisage many others coming in. Got Zinchenko in on loan too.

Maybe Cahill and/or Pepe to bolster the defence. Wanted Cesc, but the budget doesn't stretch that far unfortunately.

Anybody got any gems they could recommend?
This Lyon thing is a lot of fun.

I've stuck with their standard formation, one which I never play with, 5-3-2.

Lopes
Tete Vallejo Marcelo Cahill Mendy
Ndombele Aouar
Fekir
Traore Memphis
Sanches
Winks
Sturridge
Gouli (CF)
Tousart
Dembele
Terrier (CF)
---
Zinchenko (loan)
Marcal
Denayer
Dubois
Diop
Ramos (regen)

Trying to keep the core of the squad together, but have upgraded the defence slightly. I'll sell Cahill but I needed some solidity to tie me over. Vallejo will be a long term signing. Sturridge was bought for depth, and he'll be sold by season's end I think, but it's been Traore who is dominating, 7 goals in 8 league games or something.

I want to try and keep the majority of my players French. I might sell Memphis if I get the right offer from a big club, won't let him make a sideways move. The money I'd get for him would allow be to bolster where I need to.

I have plenty of depth in CM.

Has anyone started a career in the bottom tier? Thinking about picking this up now it's cheaper. Haven't played a FIFA on ps4 as I prefer the PES gameplay.

Keen to get stuck into a career game and don't have the time for FM these days.

Transfers seem very broken from what I've seen on this thread but that might not matter if I'm League Two. Is that still the lowest in the English leagues? How far do they go down elsewhere like Italy, Spain, Germany or even France?

Also does anyone play full manual controls? It's amazing in PES and I couldn't go back to assisted passing or shooting if I grabbed FIFA.

Has anyone started a career in the bottom tier? Thinking about picking this up now it's cheaper. Haven't played a FIFA on ps4 as I prefer the PES gameplay.

Keen to get stuck into a career game and don't have the time for FM these days.

Transfers seem very broken from what I've seen on this thread but that might not matter if I'm League Two. Is that still the lowest in the English leagues? How far do they go down elsewhere like Italy, Spain, Germany or even France?

Also does anyone play full manual controls? It's amazing in PES and I couldn't go back to assisted passing or shooting if I grabbed FIFA.
England has 4 tiers, Germany 3 and Spain Italy (unlicensed for the most part) and France all have two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back