Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Installed security cams and motion lights three months ago after we were robbed one day. Last night someone took a stroll through our back yard and porch, and then jumped the fence when the motion light went off. Creepy, I wonder if it was the same bloke who robbed us before.

Probably just a random rogue

IMG_1515.JPG

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I wonder what their success rate is.

If I had to guess I'd say a solid 95-99% of people would give an even distribution of polite and very impolite 'no go away' responses.
I have only seen one person stop to speak to them and it seemed like he already knew one of them.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Cockburn’s got some, the rest are coming. It’s government policy, they are just going through the planning changes first.

That section around Cockburn Central train station is a bit of a concrete jungle. Gives me a bit of a Brownlie Towers vibe. It's still shiny and new now but give it 10 years and I doubt it will be appealing.

Perth generally doesn't do apartments very well. It's nice around Canning Bridge but then people will spend anywhere from $500k for a shoebox to millions for something nice.

What Perth does better is medium density. Claisebrook Cove and the bit behind Bull Creek station where the old Noalimba migrant hostel was are good examples of fairly recent development.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
That section around Cockburn Central train station is a bit of a concrete jungle. Gives me a bit of a Brownlie Towers vibe. It's still shiny and new now but give it 10 years and I doubt it will be appealing.

Perth generally doesn't do apartments very well. It's nice around Canning Bridge but then people will spend anywhere from $500k for a shoebox to millions for something nice.

What Perth does better is medium density. Claisebrook Cove and the bit behind Bull Creek station where the old Noalimba migrant hostel was are good examples of fairly recent development.
Could go either way, depending on what they build around it. They built the first two high rises in Cannington, now they could definitely go to s**t, but they are building a town square/piazza kind of thing right next to it, which makes it more attractive. If they have a plan, these things could turn out ok, if they just build it and see what happens, well, wouldn't make for a good investment.

You called cockburn slums I live in a suburb in cockburn,just wondered where mr up himself lives in his palace.
Doesn't matter where I live. If I lived in a slummy area (and I have at times) I'd still recognise it as such. There are certain things that make an area slummy. Still, it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think it's slummy then that's great.

There's a lot slummier areas than Cockburn. Soulless suburban sprawl, maybe, slums not so much.
Sure there is. They're still slummy though afaic. It's just one person's opinion though and nothing to get triggered over (not that you were).

I wish Perth had more apartments/units up and down the free way near train stations.

Cockburn has been a big flop though.

In the end, the culture has to change. No point building higher density apartments and units if the people don't want them. Many still want a 4 x 2 on a big block and are prepared to commute for two hours a day to achieve that.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Perth isn't an apartment living city.

If you want people to live in apartments you need to make them attractive. Most Perth apartments are either shitty, expensive or both. Each to their own but nothing at all appeals to me about Cockburn Central. Not close to the city, river or coast and has no public open space, and it's not that cheap relative to surrounding areas. You can get a whole house in Atwell for $400k and there are parks etc.

I feel bad for the few people in these areas that actually give a s**t about their gardens and street appeal. They stick out like dog's balls amongst the dead lawned, full of weeds, 6 cars parked out the front 2 of which are wrecks with piles of junk on the verge despite the pick up not being for another 8 months shitholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back