Prediction The Tom and Jack show, how does it work?

How does it work?

• Jack plays from the square

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They will rotate pushing up the ground/leading in the 50/pushing into pockets/blocking for each other, all depending who has the advantage in each situation, and given their opponents at the time.
Jacks the perfect person to manage this situation given his love of studying the game. Cant wait.

Yep this very much
Tom said he chose the Tigers because "I want to learn off Jack (the best going around KPF ATM, stuff Lance)"
Jack will be the general and tom will be the colonel, Tom will do as he's told (kick plenty of goals)
4 star general Jack in the FWD line, 5 star general Cotchin in the middle and 4 star general Rance in the back line
Yes I can't wait, Go Tigers

We re pretty fortunate that jack is quite a versatile player and does some of his best work in goal assists. I expect Tom will play deeper and jack as high HF however that could very easily be switched around or one that few would expect, both play deep , one as decoy the other on the lead . Having two strong marking forwards will mean all the heat can’t be drawn to one of them or it would be at oppo peril

Yep this very much
Tom said he chose the Tigers because "I want to learn off Jack (the best going around KPF ATM, stuff Lance)"
Jack will be the general and tom will be the colonel, Tom will do as he's told (kick plenty of goals)
4 star general Jack in the FWD line, 5 star general Cotchin in the middle and 4 star general Rance in the back line
what's Dusty ? Elite SAS....Commando ? Navy SEAL...ParaRangers..Shocktrooper or just an ordinary footsoldier who doesn't like arguing ?

what's Dusty ? Elite SAS....Commando ? Navy SEAL...ParaRangers..Shocktrooper or just an ordinary footsoldier who doesn't like arguing ?

Dusty is Elite SAS....Commando....Navy SEAL...Shocktrooper all in one
Ssshhhh keep it to ourselves, it's all highly TOPSECRET, hush, hush type stuff on a need to know basis
Only our President (O'Neill) and CEO (Gale) have the clearance for this type of stuff
Sorry can't tell you more, this post will self destruct in 10 seconds

I wonder if at any point we’ll plan to go with 3 tall forwards...Jack, Tom and A.N. Other. Could be potent with the 6-6-6 rule and allow for a second ruck. Would require the small forwards to be able to do more midfield time though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes ,if Nank rests forward, there will be a three prong attack.Add Rioli, Caddy and the man who doesn't like to argue, and it's virtually unstoppable.There were times in the grand final, where we had to go long to Townsend but he wasn't tall enough in the pack.All that changes now.
The thing Lynch also brings is physical presence and strength.He will not be taking any crap from anyone and hopefully will run through a few defenders.

Last edited:
IMO we'll start off with Jack and Tom in the key positions with Jack starting high and Tom staying deep as he builds up match fitness, around them will be Caddy/Martin as the mid sized option and the 3 smalls to keep the pressure on at ground level.

As the season progresses I believe we'll see things change up and we'll have Jack & Tom, 2 mid sized options and 2 smalls as we work out the best way to utilise the 6-6-6 starting positions rule.

A set up we have used quite frequently is

Castagna Butler
Jack Caddy
Rioli Resting Mid

With Lynch coming in I can see it being:

Rioli Caddy Bolton
Jack Lynch
Dusty

The idea being that a quick kick out of the middle gets the ball to the 2 taller marking options, with the smalls their to crumb. Caddy can push up into the midfield as the extra mid if there is another stoppage. Dusty resting deep in the square would be the 1-1 match up opposition teams wouldn't be liking especially late in game when there is no ability to drop an extra man into D50. When Dusty is in the midfield Caddy moves to the deep position and then resting mid(Lambert Edwards Higgins Cotchin) starts up higher to play as the extra midfielder after the bounce.

IMO we'll start off with Jack and Tom in the key positions with Jack starting high and Tom staying deep as he builds up match fitness, around them will be Caddy/Martin as the mid sized option and the 3 smalls to keep the pressure on at ground level.

As the season progresses I believe we'll see things change up and we'll have Jack & Tom, 2 mid sized options and 2 smalls as we work out the best way to utilise the 6-6-6 starting positions rule.

A set up we have used quite frequently is

Castagna Butler
Jack Caddy
Rioli Resting Mid

With Lynch coming in I can see it being:

Rioli Caddy Bolton
Jack Lynch
Dusty

The idea being that a quick kick out of the middle gets the ball to the 2 taller marking options, with the smalls their to crumb. Caddy can push up into the midfield as the extra mid if there is another stoppage. Dusty resting deep in the square would be the 1-1 match up opposition teams wouldn't be liking especially late in game when there is no ability to drop an extra man into D50. When Dusty is in the midfield Caddy moves to the deep position and then resting mid(Lambert Edwards Higgins Cotchin) starts up higher to play as the extra midfielder after the bounce.
Good point about TLynch playing deep in the first half of the Season till he gets to full match fitness...

Lynch wont require alot of time to get his fitness

Lynch has always had a very good tank and works up ground alot , Very much a Nick Riewoldt type player thats been under utilized at the GC

Anyway way too much talk and not enought excitement happening here - Do yourself's a favour and brighten up your day WATCH THIS

Get excited guys , Round 1 Lynch v Jones o_Oo_Oo_O

Yep this very much
I can't believe the most important General to our Campaign has been largely forgotten.....shame on you...

Please reenlist General Soreness immediately !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch wont require alot of time to get his fitness

Lynch has always had a very good tank and works up ground alot , Very much a Nick Riewoldt type player thats been under utilized at the GC

Anyway way too much talk and not enought excitement happening here - Do yourself's a favour and brighten up your day WATCH THIS

Get excited guys , Round 1 Lynch v Jones o_Oo_Oo_O

Thanks for that. I was at quite a few of those home games. He dominated games.

On the thread OP, get VERY excited people. These two will cause havoc for backlines. Add to the fact they will be fed by Dusty, Cotch, Edwards, Higgins, Rioli, and Butler, and we have some serious scoring ability.

Thanks for that. I was at quite a few of those home games. He dominated games.

On the thread OP, get VERY excited people. These two will cause havoc for backlines. Add to the fact they will be fed by Dusty, Cotch, Edwards, Higgins, Rioli, and Butler, and we have some serious scoring ability.

Man can Tom take a mark, just kick it high to him and he'll mark it
Awesome highlights package, I think it was Rance when asked who is the hardest FWD he's played on, he said Lynch

Why do i have this feeling the ' hands in back ' rule is going to cause riots in the stands.........because it will as one forward for one team will get pinged for using it correctly while a player from the other side will give a shove and be awarded the mark.

6-6-6 will only effect those teams who love to run extras off the back of the square and have multiple loose players in defence, hello dees and pies.

This was the most bizarre rule change introduced. I don't think there was even any commentary on the hands in the back was there? Took the competition a good 5 years to adapt to the change in the first place, and now they've just flipped on it. Does anyone have any idea why? Back to the good old days and umpire deciding whether it's a push or not. I wonder if Fraser Gehrig will come out of retirement now. :think:

We re pretty fortunate that jack is quite a versatile player and does some of his best work in goal assists. I expect Tom will play deeper and jack as high HF however that could very easily be switched around or one that few would expect, both play deep , one as decoy the other on the lead . Having two strong marking forwards will mean all the heat can’t be drawn to one of them or it would be at oppo peril

Remember around 2013/2014 whenever they would interview nuffie Richmond supporters all they would say is, "Jack Riewoldt doesn't lead!" or "Hardwick should be playing Jack in the goal square so he can lead". lol those idiots should write to the club and Jack to apologise. I just remembered that.

I know its supercoach but Jono Brown's thoughts on the Jack & Tom show.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/0448d24f592f98cae775682696a1a385

Jonathan Brown’s biggest SuperCoach problem is picking between two Richmond superstars
JONATHAN BROWN, Herald Sun
January 22, 2019 6:00pm
Subscriber only
AFL great Jonathan Brown is a leader of the AFL’s key forward mafia and is tossing up between two of the game’s very best for his first draft SuperCoach squad. This is his first exclusive column of the pre-season — he’ll be back soon with more tips and to reveal his final starting squad.
I’m stuck between two Tigers. Do I pick Jack Riewoldt or Tom Lynch for my SuperCoach team?
My theory is, as a key forward, it is always easier to have a wingman.
I had Daniel Bradshaw and Alastair Lynch throughout my career. My timing was impeccable.
QUICK GUIDE: HOW TO PICK A WINNING SUPERCOACH TEAM
POPULAR: THE MUST-HAVE SUPERCOACH SEVEN
EXPERT: THE PHANTOM’S SUPERCOACH TEAM REVEAL
DRAFT: LANDSBERGER, GARDINER REVEAL THEIR TEAMS

How does it help? It creates one-on-ones and mismatches.
The key forwards live for those one-on-one contests, the opportunity to go head-to-head against your opponent with no drop-off defenders cramping your space.
At Punt Rd over the past couple of years, Jack Riewoldt has bucked this trend.
0327111e531b2fe4cee7e993b83fe07a
Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt.
1a337a31020d2fadd2e17d54704247ac
Richmond recruit Tom Lynch. Picture: Michael Klein
Or has he? I think he could be even better with the arrival of Lynch.
Jack averaged 92.9 SuperCoach points as the Tigers reached last year’s preliminary final, an extraordinary effort considering the traffic he worked in was busier than Punt Rd in peak hour.
Lynch’s arrival will create more opportunities for Jack to win more possessions and shine in front of the sticks.

e338e3be11856c5ce05c2f552ea2cc55

Myself, along with several other pundits including Dermott Brereton, rated Lynch as the best player in the game at the end of 2016.
It is easy to forget how talented Lynch is after he was hampered by a serious knee injury during 2017-18, and being off Broadway up on the Gold Coast.
But now, I have a dilemma.
1e17f9ab95cfa7e8ea91f44a3b8c3f88
Jonathan Brown in action during his playing days with Brisbane.
Both Riewoldt and Lynch are proven SuperCoach performers in the past, and both have scored well playing as the only key forward target.
Riewoldt averaged a healthy 92.9 points last year and Lynch averaged 93.1 points in 2016, playing in just six wins.
So, who do I pick? Or can I take the punt on both of them?
Now, I know I’m a proud key forward advocate, but even I think it could be a stretch taking two key forwards in SuperCoach.
Riewoldt costs $504,100 and Lynch is just $425,600.

On the balance of it, I’m going to favour Jack.
This is based on his durability over the past few seasons and his knowledge of the Tigers’ system and of his teammates.
I think it’s safe to say he’ll have plenty of silver service once again.
I’m also expecting a big year from Tom.
But there’s always some doubt after a major knee operation.
a141059a8959c79004994b7799a0e316
Eagles spearhead Josh Kennedy at West Coast training.
9af2b166e3bf65a10d436330ca33d592
Tom Hawkins was the top SuperCoach key forward in 2018. Picture: Alison Wynd
I think it’ll take him time to adjust to a new gamestyle and the way his new teammates further up the field like to deliver the Sherrin to him.
I wouldn’t lead the same way to Simon Black as I would to Jason Akermanis and building chemistry with his teammates takes time.
Because of this, Lynch will get better as the season goes on, and that bodes well for another strong September campaign by the Tigers.
There’s only room for one key forward in my team, but Tom Hawkins is the incumbent best key forward in SuperCoach, as the only big fella to average more than 100 points in 2018.
My mail is Adelaide captain Taylor Walker ($343,500) is training really well and so he also appeals.
Surprisingly, a value selection is West Coast’s Josh Kennedy, only costing $397,800, after an interrupted 2018 campaign saw him play only 14 games, including finals.
It is hard to see the Eagles falling with Nic Naitanui, Andrew Gaff and Brad Sheppard to walk into the premiership side.
And with Lynch leaving the Suns, expect Josh Corbett ($123,900), from my old neck of the woods, to saddle up along

Back