Society & Culture Things That Gross You Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, I missed heaps of school for the flu (and was still cooked when I went back) but never got to the stage of being on a drip. Lucky it was in March 2007 though, and not September 2007 ;)

Yah 3 litres they pumped into me.

Got up for the geelong family day tho. Had my first real meal at warf shed before it.

Ah yes now that I read my post back I meant to write four times. But still, that's hardly any. Never had the flu? I had it real bad when I was in Year 8, vomited about four times in four hours. Not fun at all. Hydralyte icy poles were my best friend that week
I remember when I was younger I saw a Hydralyte icy pole in the freezer and just thought it was some off-brand zooper dooper. I'm just sitting there slowly eating it because it tasted awful and my Mum just walks in looking at me like wtf are you doing?? That was when I found out it wasn't just an off-brand zooper dooper and I haven't had one since.

Yeah I am using the liquid
that never seems to be enough for me, always have to go get my ear flushed out
Ever tried an ear candle?

Actually scratch that. Is apparently hokum. I tried it once. Was weird as * but I was told all the residue afterward was from the ear but it apparently is from the candle itself. Never heard of the curative claims until just now. I was just told it was an alternative to ear flushing.

Last edited:
you mean those things that don't work but can lead to burns?
I need to get mine flushed out every six months or so. No idea why - they just get blocked up with wax and gunk. Have thought about searching online to buy one of the devices they use at the doctor's office for myself. Would probably pay for itself after a few years!

Latest time around I saw a different doc and he recommended an oil thing to use once a month or so that softens wax up and prevents it from getting to that point. I've been slack using it but this time it's been much longer since needing to visit the doc. Might be worth looking into those.

Z_Hlb4.gif

Yeah I remember getting my hearing tested a long time ago- I was astounded by the amount of wax they cleaned out of them. Just ridiculous.
Yeah when it's been bad and they flush the ear out, the black balls of gunk are pretty damn gross.

And then you have to deal with everything suddenly being loud again which is a mind*.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the worst things Ive EVER smelt was when we went fishing on a hot day. We caught bugger all, decided to go to the pub, left the car locked up, no ventilation with a bucket full of cockles and tube worms and our catch in another)

The heat must have boiled the cockles or some s**t but we were both dry reaching the whole way home but half laughing.

Was sickening and hilarious at the same time.
For me personally, the prize of worst smell goes to a time when my grandmother (bless her) cooked boiled pork. It was a uniquely fatty, sickly smell that did not smell edible at all. At that time I was old enough not to be expected to eat that part of the meal.

Regarding ear wax its funny when you're sleeping and then suddenly jolt awake as you get teh sensation that something is crawling in your ear. You shoot upwards and feel it escape from your ear canal. Lights on frantically searching for the critter only to find a chunk of ear wax stationary on your pillow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back